London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
The western conference was better early.
Oshawa fared quite well vs the west post deadline. The east as a whole went 9-3-1-1 against SSM since Jan. 1.
Kitchener was mediocre at best after trading Hamara and Schmidt. Post deadline, Guelph and OS were barely average; and Windsor, Sarnia, Flint were bottom five teams.
Every team from Flint onwards that London has played in the playoffs has been much more competitive than Oshawa. 2 games out of conference is not a sufficient sample size. The west is a buzzsaw almost every year. 4 of the bottom 5 teams every year would come from the East with a balanced schedule.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
There is a lot more hockey to go. Until that 3rd game is won then you can start with these types of comments. The knights know this
100%, but right now the knights are a red hot knife and the Generals are a slab of room temperature butter. I've yet to see such a one sided game like this and the last one in the playoffs this year.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Was that a "we don't need you" chant I heard when Rolofs touches the puck? Actually, no, there was no such chant... Just a voice in my head.
With that primary assist S. Boulton has as many points as any Oshawa player in the Finals (as I type this, 1st intermission).
Still 40 minutes to go... Don't let up.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I feel for the Generals it's a loooong night when you are so outgunned. Little surprised at 7-0 Dale still had the PP on for the 5 on 3? Personally I think at that point just flow your 4 lines 50 second shifts and move on. BUT having coached for many years with a possible Memorial Cup tournament to play in I get it, its a tough call.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
This might be a quick series. The Eastern conference was historically weak and Oshawa is the weakest conference champion we have seen in quite some time. At least 4 teams in the West were quite a bit better, if not more. I'm not surprised that the Kinghts are dominating.

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
No comparison.
Assuming you are referring to the roster losses both teams have and the fact Oshawas are far more critical? If that's the case be careful we were missing arguably the leagues best goalie last year in Brochu. Yet we have had to listen all year to a Pete's fan run around the forum telling us how great last year's Pete's team was. Thank goodness that's about to become history .... LOL.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
This might be a quick series. The Eastern conference was historically weak and Oshawa is the weakest conference champion we have seen in quite some time. At least 4 teams in the West were quite a bit better, if not more. I'm not surprised that the Kinghts are dominating.
I know an Eastern team that beat your team 3-1 in their 4 game season series as well as going 1-1 vs Saginaw and London. You good bro?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I am glad Willmore got into the game. Now that the transition has been made perhaps give him Game 3 as I am keenly aware of what he did for us last year and would love to see him get a start in the OHL final on the winning side.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I know an Eastern team that beat your team 3-1 in their 4 game season series as well as going 1-1 vs Saginaw and London. You good bro?
My team didn't play Oshawa 4 times, but did outshoot them 43-14 in their own barn.

One game is hardly a useful sample, though. The Conference as a whole was way, way below .500 and extremely weak as a whole. The 4 best teams in the league were in the West, maybe more.

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad