London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Who the HE...double hockey sticks is coach chippy lol. I'm just old I guess, but I got no idea why he got intermission airtime.
Had to Google "Coach Chippy". Just as I expected.

Major media has to pander to the lowest common denominator... que Coach Chippy.

Reactions: rve24

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
We scored 8 goals...but London is a winning team because of our Dman. Rushes are shut down early by George, Edward , Bonk and Dickinson. A shout out to Woolley who seems to be gaining confidence every shift.
Woolley played a great game. Imagine how good he will be next year.

Gaz with two gifted one timers. I really like this kids game, hes back checking and finding ways to get under the opponents skin.

Would be nice to get Halts going in this series. Had a rough outing.

Cowan and Barkey are going to be checked pretty tight once Oshawa get their feet moving.

Simpson was solid but not really tested, result of great team D.

Just did not expect that resilt last night. Junior hockey, go figure. 🙄

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The east is going to be a blood bath next year. Oshawa will be great. Steelheads have a ton a talent as does Brantford.
Barrie, Kingston have shown some signs on moving up and Niagara for sure, but the two powerhouse in the east next year will be Oshawa and Brantford

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Woolley played a great game. Imagine how good he will be next year.

Gaz with two gifted one timers. I really like this kids game, hes back checking and finding ways to get under the opponents skin.

Would be nice to get Halts going in this series. Had a rough outing.

Cowan and Barkey are going to be checked pretty tight once Oshawa get their feet moving.

Simpson was solid but not really tested, result of great team D.

Just did not expect that resilt last night. Junior hockey, go figure. 🙄
Richie caught Haltennen with his head down hit early in the second, that pretty much slowed him the rest of the game. Play the 200ft game and Dale will eventually reward you, with no exception, that is the number one rule with Dale, ask Schremp and McCarron and many others

Reactions: LDN

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
What I found most impressive in London's game was the absence of goal crease scrums after the whistles. They were playing with more self-imposed discipline, and that reduced the penalties for both sides. That might change come Saturday, since the Generals have some players with size, and they might attempt to exploit that perceived advantage. Their game plan isn't working, so a change/ adjustment is probably in the works.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Did Methot mention Dickinson had 2nd most points by draft eligible LK D behind Ramage?
Can any1 confirm this?
With some of the offensive D that have run thru London since that's no small feat.
Said at the time of the trade it was well worth it........fan since MM.
A treat to watch.
Next year or 2......just going to sit back n enjoy.
I believe he said that yes.

He may have said it. But it’s not true.

As recently as Evan Bouchard (86 points in draft year) there is an example of a D man having more.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
What I found most impressive in London's game was the absence of goal crease scrums after the whistles. They were playing with more self-imposed discipline, and that reduced the penalties for both sides. That might change come Saturday, since the Generals have some players with size, and they might attempt to exploit that perceived advantage. Their game plan isn't working, so a change/ adjustment is probably in the works.
Pretty certain Oshawa coach noticed the same and adjustment will be made for tomorrow's game. London lost 6-2 in game 3 against Saginah , came back for 7-3 win in game 4

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think after the whistle stuff favours the knights a bit though, but seems like they played a more disciplined game overall

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
He may have said it. But it’s not true.

As recently as Evan Bouchard (86 points in draft year) there is an example of a D man having more.
TY, that is what I was looking for. Still impressive but caught me off guard with all the offensive D they've had.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Old cliche, cut time and space, keep the pressure on, make them rush their passes and panicky.

london can't get wrapped up with after whistle shenanigans, that's their game plan to slow London down , and for the regular season stuffs, this is playoffs hockey ,they need to put their pride aside and stay away from all that, if they stick with the system, they'll be in Saginaw for the big dance in a couple weeks

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I think after the whistle stuff favours the knights a bit though, but seems like they played a more disciplined game overall

I'll add it's easier to stay composed when the game is totally under control and the kids aren't challenged and/or frustrated. This team can get caught in emotions. Not judging one way or the other at all as theuve been successful, but when things dont go their way they tend to look to make a "statement"

Reactions: All the Answers

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
TY, that is what I was looking for. Still impressive but caught me off guard with all the offensive D they've had.
I didn't hear the Methot quote that is in question; but is it possible it was referring to playoff points?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think Olli Maata had more in 2012? Also Olli Juolevi in 2016?

Last edited:

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

It was a very clean game and there wasn’t really any post-whistle skirmishes at all.

The game was so far out of hand of course London wouldn’t get involved in anything of that nature because it’s pointless in a 6-1 or 8-1 boat race.

If anything, I would have expected Oshawa to start mixing it up after the whistle. Somewhat surprising that they didn’t.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
The ref standing right there, called a diving penalty. So I doubt we see anything else.
Wow, did not see the Oshawa player was called for diving. Sorry but that's a BS call. The kids nose was bleeding after the shot to the face. It was a dumb penalty by Boulton. There was no need for it what so ever. That crap has got to go.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I didn't hear the Methot quote that is in question; but is it possible it was referring to playoff points?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think Olli Maata had more in 2012? Also Olli Juolevi in 2016?
Pretty sure he referenced 70 pts and I know it's wrong to assume lol and I may be getting older but that would be a heckuva PO run I didnt.recall lol.
More just a curiosity on my end ( and being to lazy to look up lol)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Barrie, Kingston have shown some signs on moving up and Niagara for sure, but the two powerhouse in the east next year will be Oshawa and Brantford
Oshawa and Brampton. the steelheads will be worlds better next year and make many moves to upgrade their team especially in a first year in a new location they’ll look to grow the fan base.

Brantford will be right on their heels too but most of Oshawa is back last year and they may dominate the way the knights have this year despite not making tons of moves- keeping the core together with the added playoff experience. As a fronts fan it sucks as we will be better but may still only be a second round exit🥲 not enough firepower or picks to compete with the other teams I fear.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Wow, did not see the Oshawa player was called for diving. Sorry but that's a BS call. The kids nose was bleeding after the shot to the face. It was a dumb penalty by Boulton. There was no need for it what so ever. That crap has got to go.
So is the actig up, hurt or not it's that extra that is not need it, that has to go as well. They are playing hockey, not soccer

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I picked them in 4, and that's only because 3 isn't an option. Unless they no show for a game this series isn't going to be close. The West again was a significant step above this year, and I won't hear otherwise.

The western conference was better early.
Oshawa fared quite well vs the west post deadline. The east as a whole went 9-3-1-1 against SSM since Jan. 1.
Kitchener was mediocre at best after trading Hamara and Schmidt. Post deadline, Guelph and OS were barely average; and Windsor, Sarnia, Flint were bottom five teams.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Cohen bidgood has signed. Played in Gojhl with chatham and st.marys
1000007280.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad