London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights4ever

Jan 3, 2024
I remember when Dale used to complain about the league that way 20 years ago and he would be suspended and fined….. Lazery made a miscalculation in throwing the league under the bus

I think the fans on Friday should be chanting every time a penalty is called on us "DIVERS"
Some signs with Lazery in a scuba suit would be nice too. LOL

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
so saggy is diving because London does... what was their excuse in the soo series?
did lazary complain about the ice at all this series? lol

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
I have noticed Van Gorp has been converted at centre on the fourth line in the absence of Lawrence, I am wondering if this is a move in preparation to next year, London will be short at centre with only O'Reilly and Nicholl natural centremen back, unless they do a big trade in the summer to acquire at least one, or convert some other player(s) at centre, London will be short at that position once again, after losing Moore and Testa, their last two top first round draft picks centremen. Unless they bring in their 6th rounders of the 2022 and 23 , Hagens and Gerber respectively

I remember in the late 70's, this league had a contest going on between the second and third period of each games, each team would send out their fastest skater, on a clean sheet of ice, to find out who had the fastest skater in the league for a one lap around the ice race. In the Brad Marsh days, Steve Stockman of the Knights was the fastest in the league. Wondering who would be the fastest in this league today. Who is the fastest on the Knights, I am guessing between Van Gorp and Nicholl. Who around the league is even faster, if there is one or more, it'd be interesting to know
I remember Steve Stockman, a player with so much speed, his brain had a tough time keeping up. After Junior, he played some minor pro in Erie ( pre Otters days ).
As to the current Knights speedsters, I'd like to see what Isiah George could do when unimpeded by forecheckers, and just having a wide open lane. I highly suspect that given his skating ability, he could really turn on the jets if speed were the only objective.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I remember Steve Stockman, a player with so much speed, his brain had a tough time keeping up. After Junior, he played some minor pro in Erie ( pre Otters days ).
As to the current Knights speedsters, I'd like to see what Isiah George could do when unimpeded by forecheckers, and just having a wide open lane. I highly suspect that given his skating ability, he could really turn on the jets if speed were the only objective.
I have to agree our big defenders do have some speed up front and Isiah George is certainly one of them along with Dickinson, I think our rookie Henry Brzustewicz may turn out to be our fastest defender, but he's playing rookie minutes. Our big defenders speed is deceptive because of their long lanky strives and their amount of minutes on the ice per game, some where they have to save some energies. There is quite the difference in a short race, , they need to move that large body from a dead stop to full speed at the shortest of time, it is where the smaller quicker players get their advantage in a speed race

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Top 3 lines: (9 forwards)
Barkey, Cowan, Gazizov, Halttunen, Julien, McCue, Sim, Lawrence, O'Reilly.

4th line?
If I'm right about the top 9, then we have a much improved 4th line with Nichol replacing the frequently suspended S. Boulton. Would Hunter have confidence in Nichol, Van Gorp, and R. Boulton as a 4th line?
Nichol has been playing well but his ice time could get cut.

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
What would you call that?
Rope-a-dope hockey.
Who cares?
It's a win.
Welcome back Edward.
Goodbye S. Boulton.
Lawrence returns Friday night...
I missed the end of the game but saw on the scorer sheetthat S. Bolton got a match. What happened there ?

Did not see the game last night but London fans calling other teams divers is a classic pot calling the kettle black lol.
... and Windsor has no divers. Except maybe into the country club pool. ;)

Reactions: zman77

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I missed the end of the game but saw on the scorer sheetthat S. Bolton got a match. What happened there ?

Boulton had one shift with about 26 seconds left in the game, and instead of letting the clock wind down, he skated up to a player and the contact resulted in a slew foot penalty...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Did not see the game last night but London fans calling other teams divers is a classic pot calling the kettle black lol.
Well, that's how you know that Saginaw's diving is atrocious, when WE recognize it! Lazary is not nearly as polished a coach as Hunter. You never state publicly that your own team embellished, and that's what Lazary admitted in the post-game interview.
Plus, refs called diving on Beck... and the refs have certainly not been favouring the Knights.

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Yes all teams have them, that is why I find it funny when team fans only see it on the teams they are playing against. Apparently their team is just trying to " sell" a call while other teams are just a bunch of " divers". Carry on.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I am starting to wonder if London and the Hunter brothers have outgrown this junior league level. This league's immaturity is undeniable. I am willing to bet Mark and Dale would have the same success with a professional team in London. and the fans would be there to cheer them on too.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Yes all teams have them, that is why I find it funny when team fans only see it on the teams they are playing against. Apparently their team is just trying to " sell" a call while other teams are just a bunch of " divers". Carry on.
Is true, London teams have embellished at times in the past. But you are inviting pushback coming on another teams board and trying to start a ruckus.

"Your record says...<deleted to spare some feelings at great self injury> 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Top 3 lines: (9 forwards)
Barkey, Cowan, Gazizov, Halttunen, Julien, McCue, Sim, Lawrence, O'Reilly.

4th line?
If I'm right about the top 9, then we have a much improved 4th line with Nichol replacing the frequently suspended S. Boulton. Would Hunter have confidence in Nichol, Van Gorp, and R. Boulton as a 4th line?
Nichol has been playing well but his ice time could get cut.
Seems accurate. 4th line is passable as long as limited/no d zone time and optimal matchups.

Reactions: nelli27

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Seems accurate. 4th line is passable as long as limited/no d zone time and optimal matchups.
Unless caught, they are seldom playing against top 6 players, only Van Gorp at minus (-1) others are at or above (0), I'd trust this 4th line against any bottom 6 around the league, they are capable

Reactions: dino200022

allfornothing

Aug 4, 2022
I am starting to wonder if London and the Hunter brothers have outgrown this junior league level. This league's immaturity is undeniable. I am willing to bet Mark and Dale would have the same success with a professional team in London. and the fans would be there to cheer them on too.
Dale is 63 now I don't think he's gonna do this much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain