London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
lol......................19 Teams in the O would love to have Max on their team.
If he's as bad as you say he is, then why does Dale keep putting him out in critical situations?
5th Goal:
Great Play by McCue to Easton Cowan.
Cowan has been outstanding this evening.
McCue was a gaudy +6 with three assists.
The Knights only scored 6 even strength goals.

I’m sure a certain poster will Complain he held the team back, because as an overage he should have been +8.

What a breakout game for O’Reilly too. Let’s hope he gets hot like he did in Decemeber.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Talk about a score not being a reflection of the actual game. Crazy ending. That goalto put it 5-3 was all Max McCues hard work. Saginaw played a VERY good game. At times their 5 on 5 looked like they were on a powerplay. I like McCues game tonight. He wasn't running around as I think he saw how the refs were calling the game. Good game and BEAUTY goal by Sim. My heart was pounding pretting good with this one....phewww.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This here win tonight in Saginaw Event Centre is bigger then the 3-1 lead they take in this series. It is the fact that if they make it to the Big M cup, they'll know they can win in this building, and not only against Saginaw, against other teams as well.

Reactions: zman77

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Talk about a score not being a reflection of the actual game. Crazy ending. That goalto put it 5-3 was all Max McCues hard work. Saginaw played a VERY good game. At times their 5 on 5 looked like they were on a powerplay. I like McCues game tonight. He wasn't running around as I think he saw how the refs were calling the game. Good game and BEAUTY goal by Sim. My heart was pounding pretting good with this one....phewww.

It was a great game (besides the outcome as a Saginaw fan) Both teams were after each other all night but nothing crossed the line till Boulton got a shift when Saginaw was waving the white flag.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
According to Lazary, London Knights is the diving team of the league, and they decided to do the same thing against London. Not smart thing to say in public, the league not like his comment here.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
This here win tonight in Saginaw Event Centre is bigger then the 3-1 lead they take in this series. It is the fact that if they make it to the Big M cup, they'll know they can win in this building, and not only against Saginaw, against other teams as well.
Simpsons gotta watch those corners.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Kaleb back next game. Probably itching to come back. Sawyer suspended? Probably would be a plus for us.

Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Sam O'Reilly had an excellent game.
He's moving up the rankings.
2G 2A +4 6/12 FOW
Simpson was clutch in this game.
The Boys will be much on the Draws this Friday.

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
4-1 even strength goals in favour of London tonight (less empty netters). So yes, Saginaw played a good game, but London played a more vintage defensive style in period 3. Simpson made some big saves. He stopped what he saw, I think.
Sag an excellent hockey club that will be hard to eliminate.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I feel like the chances is Saginaw winning 3 straight are slim to none… let’s finish this Friday with a much better effort.

Reactions: Fastpace

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Nothing I'd like better than to hang the handle " Backdoor Boys " on the Spirit. PS: If Saginaw wants to play the diving game, they're going to have to make much less obvious. They should know they're not adept at it, when even Burchell can see it !

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
JMO but that 5th goal was crucial and who was that on RD that slide in from the point, and chased the play back towards their own end with what musta been a great view of the goal? :)

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I have noticed Van Gorp has been converted at centre on the fourth line in the absence of Lawrence, I am wondering if this is a move in preparation to next year, London will be short at centre with only O'Reilly and Nicholl natural centremen back, unless they do a big trade in the summer to acquire at least one, or convert some other player(s) at centre, London will be short at that position once again, after losing Moore and Testa, their last two top first round draft picks centremen. Unless they bring in their 6th rounders of the 2022 and 23 , Hagens and Gerber respectively

I remember in the late 70's, this league had a contest going on between the second and third period of each games, each team would send out their fastest skater, on a clean sheet of ice, to find out who had the fastest skater in the league for a one lap around the ice race. In the Brad Marsh days, Steve Stockman of the Knights was the fastest in the league. Wondering who would be the fastest in this league today. Who is the fastest on the Knights, I am guessing between Van Gorp and Nicholl. Who around the league is even faster, if there is one or more, it'd be interesting to know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain