London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
For 16 to 21 year old players, at this very moment, it is.
That's like saying "it's 9:29am on April 29th I've never been here before this is Uncharted territory" 🤣

Yes, 10 games is a Knights record, Uncharted territory for the Knights maybe, but it's not that uncommon in the league. Hamilton hit 12 just 2 seasons ago

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
That's like saying "it's 9:29am on April 29th I've never been here before this is Uncharted territory" 🤣

Yes, 10 games is a Knights record, Uncharted territory for the Knights maybe, but it's not that uncommon in the league. Hamilton hit 12 just 2 seasons ago
That is impressive! Wow there have been some good teams in this league

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
1714401057530.png

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

What was it that I wrote about in my post, buddy, didn't I say "for a junior team" or did you read "for all of junior teams", was I talking about the London Knights or the whole CHL? -Perhaps re-reading might help, don't feel bad, pardon my french, I have been misquote many times before ;)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Who ever is picking Parekh at 14th, Greentree at 17th and O'Reilly at 50th will for sure have hitted Jackpots, both Parekh and Greentree will likelly go in the top 10 and O'Reilly in the mid first round, I mean just look what Greentree did playing for a bottom team, that is very impressive, and we all know about Parekh and O'Reilly what they are capable of

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Not only is O'Reilly better than Cowan was last season at this time before his drafting, O'Reilly is better all around defensively this year, and we all know what NHL scouts are looking for, how playing the 200' foot game is important at the pro level, Sam has that right now as a 17yr old. I know some players that played their whole NHL hockey careers never learned what they are teaching in juniors today. Any team picking O'Reilly in the second round will be a steal. I place him in the Bob Gainey/Mark Stone category, very valuable to a team

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Guessing no lineup changes I’d say keep the D the same pairings. It’s worked so far, but that last change has probably really helped the knights
Yeah those pairings worked rather well. I mean look at the talent level. My only concern is losing two bulls from our Defense could affect the big 3 over time.

Cue the spin master....

Reactions: zman77 and rve24

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Surprised to see Mr. Ustinkov rated so high!

Hope he makes it to London next year:

Bonk(1st NHL) Dickinson (1st NHL)
Leonard (OA) Ustinkov (1st NHL)
Brzustewicz (potential 1st NHL) Whooley (NHL drafted)
Fagan

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Not only is O'Reilly better than Cowan was last season at this time before his drafting, O'Reilly is better all around defensively this year, and we all know what NHL scouts are looking for, how playing the 200' foot game is important at the pro level, Sam has that right now as a 17yr old. I know some players that played their whole NHL hockey careers never learned what they are teaching in juniors today. Any team picking O'Reilly in the second round will be a steal. I place him in the Bob Gainey/Mark Stone category, very valuable to a team
Interesting. Not sure I agree. Cowan was making more of a contribution in the playoffs at this point. Don’t get me wrong love peanut and think he’s a high end guy, but I don’t know that he’s necessarily better than last years Cowan.

Surprised to see Mr. Ustinkov rated so high!

Hope he makes it to London next year:

Bonk(1st NHL) Dickinson (1st NHL)
Leonard (OA) Ustinkov (1st NHL)
Brzustewicz (potential 1st NHL) Whooley (NHL drafted)
Fagan
I’m not sure he goes that high. I think he’s more of a 2nd/3rd rounder. Not enough exposure (similar to Halttunnen )

Reactions: rve24

dino200022

Yes, Woolley played extremely good today, I saw things in him that tells me he's going to be a rock for this team. It was really important not to overwork him during the season, bring him on slowly where he can get comfortable and confidence. He did a really good job, very promising for the future. Did not see as much of Henry Brzustewicz, he did not do any noticeable errors and he too is starting to look comfortable out there. I am hoping to see Jackson Edward back soon, they are going to need him big time still

It is funny you mention Henry who played well also...I was sitting beside Hunter game 2 and he has fully become a Knights supporter. He was banging the noise maker as loud as the rest of us it was funny too see. Don't tell the Kitchener brass this though..shhhh..

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
It is funny you mention Henry who played well also...I was sitting beside Hunter game 2 and he has fully become a Knights supporter. He was banging the noise maker as loud as the rest of us it was funny too see. Don't tell the Kitchener brass this though..shhhh..
He would have been a nice Knight haha I’m glad he’s so supportive of his brother

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Interesting. Not sure I agree. Cowan was making more of a contribution in the playoffs at this point. Don’t get me wrong love peanut and think he’s a high end guy, but I don’t know that he’s necessarily better than last years Cowan.

I’m not sure he goes that high. I think he’s more of a 2nd/3rd rounder. Not enough exposure (similar to Halttunnen )
When speaking of Oreilly, it is of the 200' ice, is what set him apart, by mentioning only the total points differential by one player, it is omitting the defensive plays of that player and exactly the point I was making. I am not sure you are actively seeing the full 200' length for both equally. Many hockey fans finds little interest in defensive plays on the ice, noticing the goals scoring as more attractive for many. I am careful not to individualise the players too much here, but after the season, we can get more into the little details of both players, if you wish

Reactions: LDN and Geff

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Chance to all but put this away tonight.
4/5 is tough enough vs this London squad.
Simpson has been solid and showing the early season investment is well worth come this time of year.
Team D, which was the perceived strength from September has played out ( Saginaw getting not much on odd man rushes or in tight and when they have Simpson has shut the door) LK packs in tight to protect the house then stretches it out.
PK....solid. PP....timely couple goals....
Stick to the same game plan til Saginaw finds a way to get past it.
Curious to when Dionicio costs them tonight. I get HoSang vibes in that the player is very talented but will cost the team often, either trying to do too much or playing outside the team system.
Both teams have kept the GAs down obviously.
Saginaw needs to push hard here tonight. Weather the storm tonight when they do n go to work.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Chance to all but put this away tonight.
4/5 is tough enough vs this London squad.
Simpson has been solid and showing the early season investment is well worth come this time of year.
Team D, which was the perceived strength from September has played out ( Saginaw getting not much on odd man rushes or in tight and when they have Simpson has shut the door) LK packs in tight to protect the house then stretches it out.
PK....solid. PP....timely couple goals....
Stick to the same game plan til Saginaw finds a way to get past it.
Curious to when Dionicio costs them tonight. I get HoSang vibes in that the player is very talented but will cost often either trying to do too much or playing outside the team system.
Both teams have kept the GAs down obviously.
Saginaw needs to push hard here tonight. Weather the storm tonight when they do n go to work.
Chances are extremely advantageous for the Knights to win this series, yes, but, do we remember 2019 series against Guelph, when the Knights led 3-0 in the series and losing 4 straight games to them. Series not won yet by a long shot.

Reactions: purple pharrt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,010.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis