London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
MVP of the game for knights is 100% Simpson. Wouldn't have won the game if it wasn't for him. Imo we didn't deserve to win the game but they guys dug deep and found a way to win
High leverage goalie, seemingly. Numerous key stops.

And with the 1-0 series lead, Kaleb Lawrence is guaranteed to play at least one more game as a Knight.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, it did kind of feel like a must win. Had London lost, you have to win 4/6 with 3 games a piece in each rink without Lawrence for 3 and potentially Edward and Leonard out indefinitely (speculation, not fact).

If things get real dicey on D, you could always put Sam O’Reilly back there. He used to be a D if I’m not mistaken and plays a very good 200ft game already on F. Would further weaken your F group though.
I like this idea! If needed

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
LEONARD OUT: London stalwart defenceman Jackson Edward was a surprising scratch because of personal reasons. That absence was magnified when fellow d-man Alec Leonard slammed hard into the end boards after getting tangled up with a Spirit forward and was forced to leave in the second period.
Knights coach Dale Hunter declared him day-to-day with a lower-body injury. Leonard wasn’t able to move one of his legs under his own power, but still declined a stretcher and departed with the assistance of teammate.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Would have sucked if Saginaw came into our rink having just played Game 7 two nights earlier and taken the "W". No doubt this one is far from over BUT that was an important win in my books that we somewhat had to have. Well done boys dug deep and got past a hot goalie! 9W down 7W to go ......
I honestly think it's in the Dale Hunter and his staffs of not getting too high or too low culture(system), in other word, in their design.

Sometime getting too emotional can affect your plays, like holding on to your stick too tight when things are not working. In this game what we saw , was a gradual increase of game tempo by the Knights to the point in the end they were fully in control of the plays and the game, they've work from dropped of the puck with heavy hits and strong defensive plays and basically numbed their oppenents or hypnotised if you will, setting up for the third period comeback. We could pretty much tell it was just a matter of time for the Knights to start clicking offensively, they knew, just by the Spirits reactions on the ice, they were in control of the game. I am guessing the Knights were sensing things on the ice coming out of their opponents, sometime as players you can feel your opponents starting to slowly slip on their game. The Knights kept that pressure relentless, that caused Spirits to make mistakes, like that puck over the glass penalty. a break for the Knights, that led to their first goal. IMHO

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
My observations on game 1. Simpson very steady. George will be a good NHLer. Gaz still playing hurt. Brz and Woolley filled in well. Well officiated game. Crowd was loud in third!!

Reactions: LDN and dino200022

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Yeah, it did kind of feel like a must win. Had London lost, you have to win 4/6 with 3 games a piece in each rink without Lawrence for 3 and potentially Edward and Leonard out indefinitely (speculation, not fact).

If things get real dicey on D, you could always put Sam O’Reilly back there. He used to be a D if I’m not mistaken and plays a very good 200ft game already on F. Would further weaken your F group though.
I was laught at and mocked as well, for suggesting O'Reilly will be picked by an NHL team in the mid first round, I suggested between 10th and 20th. as of right now for North America the latest NHL ranking of all players has O'Reilly at numeber 24 spot. He is still playing with a strong valuable role on the Knights long playoffs run.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
LEONARD OUT: London stalwart defenceman Jackson Edward was a surprising scratch because of personal reasons. That absence was magnified when fellow d-man Alec Leonard slammed hard into the end boards after getting tangled up with a Spirit forward and was forced to leave in the second period.
Knights coach Dale Hunter declared him day-to-day with a lower-body injury. Leonard wasn’t able to move one of his legs under his own power, but still declined a stretcher and departed with the assistance of teammate.
He's a tough customer this Alec Leonard, as proud as hell too, showing big injury will not keep him down. What leaders are made of.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I was laught at and mocked as well, for suggesting O'Reilly will be picked by an NHL team in the mid first round, I suggested between 10th and 20th. as of right now for North America the latest NHL ranking of all players has O'Reilly at numeber 24 spot. He is still playing with a strong valuable role on the Knights long playoffs run.

So that puts him late 3rd round...

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Anyone know if Dionicio gets suspended for abuse of official at the end of the game?

I rewatched the end of game and he definitely through his broken stick at the official, should be an automatic game.

Last edited:

dino200022

Anyone know if Dionicio gets suspended for abuse of official at the end of the game?
Has to right? Threw his stick at the ref and pegged him right in the shinpad. Then picked it up and spiked it back into the ice well yelling at the ref. If Knights players are getting multiple games for just telling at the refs this one should be a big suspension. But when the guy who hands out suspensions son plays on your team I have a feeling this will be swept under the rug.

Last edited:

dino200022

Huge game last night, the Knights physicality eventually wore the Spirit down. Bonk had to of played between 35 to 38 minutes last night and was on the ice for the last 6 mins of the game, unheralded star last night IMO.

Poor Leonard, was so excited for him to get his well deserved top 4 spot and was playing excellent before the unfortunate injury. Has to be an OA next season right?

dino200022

The OA dilemma next year is real:

Leonard
Julien
Sim
Willmore
Gazizov (possible)
Edward (possible)
Leonard - yes
Julien - potential pro, but guaranteed a spot if not
Sim - fully expect to be back as an OA
Willmore - not good enough for an OA spot IMO, but the need might be there.
Gaz - do we waste both an OA and Import slot probably not, as I can't quite see Halts sticking in pro until he learns how to skate.
Edward - will have to choose ECHL or OHL

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Leonard - yes
Gaz - do we waste both an OA and Import slot probably not, as I can't quite see Halts sticking in pro until he learns how to skate.
That is completely accurate, Gaz and Willmore are the real question marks.

Edward’s if back trumps anyone

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Pat maroons son at development camp
1000006976.jpg

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

I think he’ll be a 2nd/3rd rounder, but end up being a steal

Pat maroons son at development camp
View attachment 860489
The 08s are showing up eh?

Leonard - yes
OAs will be Leonard, Gaz and Willmore. I’d expect Sim to go pro. If not he’ll be a strong OA and likely bump Willmore, but then who is the starter?

Reactions: zman77

dino200022

Has to right? Threw his stick and hit
I think he’ll be a 2nd/3rd rounder, but end up being a steal

The 08s are showing up eh?

OAs will be Leonard, Gaz and Willmore. I’d expect Sim to go pro. If not he’ll be a strong OA and likely bump Willmore, but then who is the starter?

The starter will be whoever the Hunters trade for....with Medvedev backing up.

Reactions: LDN and zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad