London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Told by a source that there will be no OHL hockey until January 2021 at the earliest.
Not that my opinion means anything because it is just that opinion ( based on no knowledge )
Personally I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable mingling with all you folks at Bud Gardens if we haven't yet experienced a second wave come January. Based on my again very uneducted mostly flu based experience I feel like if things are going to go a little south again it's likely to be right around the time we would regularly start to congregate for hockey again..
So there's my personal feelings for anyone who cares :)

LK1965

Jul 19, 2020
Selling my Ryan Rupert game worn jersey for $300 (beige jersey with Mem Cup patch...comes with the letter of authenticity). Moving....need money. PM if interested
Is the Rupert still avaiable and are you firm at $300.00 ?

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
Looking for any highlight footage for the noted games below....can't seem to find any on the all knowing inter-web anywhere? Anyone out there that can help?

Feb 13 vs Erie, Feb 15 vs Kitchener and Feb 16 vs Guelph all game played in 2009.

Any links to YouTube or something would be great as I've hit a roadblock and it's driving my insane.

Thanks all!

Reactions: zman77

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
The word on the street is that Rob Simpson is throwing his hat in the ring for the Kingston job, among many other candidates.
If true wish him the best Kingston would be wise to scoop him up. Will be an eye opener for him having worked in London for a few years now where resources are certainly in place and there for the using.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
So lets play "What If"... (note: this is selfish but ultimately affects a good many of us)

What if, the O gets the go ahead to start playing in front of fans. You would have to assume there would be restrictions on distancing. Since the JLC is predominantly filled by STHs, how many of us would be willing to forego 2 out every 3 games, cause that's what it would take, at minimum, to accommodate the rules and provide fair viewership to all STHs.

I myself find this absolutely unacceptable, but then, I'm not attending ANY Knights games right now so I suppose one could argue, beggars can't be choosers.

Depending on how all this shakes out attendancewise, I might be rethinking my ticket investment, but then I would be giving up seeing a really great group of friends and taking in some hockey. What to do, what to do?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So lets play "What If"... (note: this is selfish but ultimately affects a good many of us)

What if, the O gets the go ahead to start playing in front of fans. You would have to assume there would be restrictions on distancing. Since the JLC is predominantly filled by STHs, how many of us would be willing to forego 2 out every 3 games, cause that's what it would take, at minimum, to accommodate the rules and provide fair viewership to all STHs.

I myself find this absolutely unacceptable, but then, I'm not attending ANY Knights games right now so I suppose one could argue, beggars can't be choosers.

Depending on how all this shakes out attendancewise, I might be rethinking my ticket investment, but then I would be giving up seeing a really great group of friends and taking in some hockey. What to do, what to do?

I paid for my tickets in full back in May.. I have faith that the team will do the right thing and even if we are limited to the number of games we can attend they will no doubt issue refunds/credits

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Thanks for the post!
Connections help but ya also gotta have some talent and the players development can definitely take a step forward if they buy into the experience at these camps.
Ya get what ya put into it.

Some OHL teams not represented at all?

Everyone in the OHL is represented except for Windsor haha!

Reactions: aresknights

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I paid for my tickets in full back in May.. I have faith that the team will do the right thing and even if we are limited to the number of games we can attend they will no doubt issue refunds/credits

Agreed they would have to do the right thing 1/3 games 1/3 the fee. Not even sure that would be a debate otherwise all STH would say here I want 100% of my money back and see you later. They wouldn’t risk it.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Happy birthday to the greatest coach in the history of sports

In the “History” of sport ......LOL man I love the guy but all of time? ...... but I’m with ya he is for sure arguably the OHL’s greatest coach although Brian Kilrea had quite a way with kids as well. Cheers to Dale get back behind the bench soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad