London Knights 2018 Offseason Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
My 1st comments about the Antonio Stranges selection by the Knights in the 2nd after he apparently misled I won't use the L word everyone including the USNDP, doesn't matter to me unlike other posters from other teams,I feel the team I root for had it's best draft since 2015,so what London did oh well.
That being said info that I was given at the Spits rookie camp about Stranges,the way he plays and his mindset,gives me great pause,I was told that while with Little Caesars he rarely back checked,and if things didn't revolve around him he would sulk.
No questioning his talent, but the question I would have for London fans is did they get the next Mitch Marner,who I didn't like as a Knight but love as a Leaf,or did they get Josh Hosang,a player with immense talent but a polarizing personna.
Like I said did not know anything about the youngster other then his skill reputation till Saturday.
I have said it before I like it when teams sign guys headed for the NCAA,even London,so drafting where they did, doesn't bother me in the least.
However misleading folks and what I heard on Saturday about compelled me to post this.Who knows what happens can't say London fans haven't been warned.
For your sakes hope not, Windsor was warned don't take HoSang and they did anyways.

If Stranges wants to play for London since his signature seem to indicate he does, He’ll have to adopt to Dale’s system first or his ice time will diminish considerably. Dale has the experience in these players, one who might be equivalent to Stranges from the past has to be Rob Schremp whom Dale sat him down a few times and in my opinion he should have sat more

Last edited:
Reactions: nelli27 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If Stranges wants to play for London since his signature seem to indicate he does, He’ll have to adopt to Dale’s system first or his ice time will diminish considerably. Dale has the experience in these players, one who might be equivalent to Strangers from the past has to be Rob Schremp whom Dale sat him down a few times
Hopefully he can use Schremp as an example as he never really made the NHL, but one of the MOST skilled players to ever put on a Knights Jersey

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
HL thanks for coming here and dissing the kid ;) It actually gives me more confidence he will succeed here based on your predictions the last few years :)
As always looking to give a dig at anything London. No worries. But the agenda is clear.
All the while throwing out a pretend positive in that you dont care they picked him. (WR did)
I can only imagine the positive speak you would heap on the kid n Rychel had he chosen to play there n get picked by the Spits. Your history proves you would be gushing positives as you did all the while HoSang wore the blue n red. Or any other WS player.

Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't but with that skill set Im glad London took the kid and will give him every opportunity to succeed. And tgat he thought London was the place to play over any other OHL city. Speaks volumes about the respect LK has with kids State side.
Just find it odd the need to come on this forum and slag a kid publicly based on rumblings from a spring skate where WR wasn't happy London snagged the kid (this coming from staff in London)
I get you despise LK but let the kid play a game in the league before trying to trash him.
We will see how each teams 2018 drafts work out. Its always a but of a crap shoot.

He is a 15 yr old kid with options. Misleading people as you claim? Spits players of past have also done that but I doubt you call them out. Kid had options, as do the top players every year and he exercised them.
Guess Dale will either teach him to back check or just play him with a D minded Fs and make him centre of attention and let him score at a PPG or better
Way too obvious your intent with this post.
Again if he was a Spit you be gushing lol. He has more talent than any kid on Windsors roster.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
My 1st comments about the Antonio Stranges selection by the Knights in the 2nd after he apparently misled I won't use the L word everyone including the USNDP, doesn't matter to me unlike other posters from other teams,I feel the team I root for had it's best draft since 2015,so what London did oh well.
That being said info that I was given at the Spits rookie camp about Stranges,the way he plays and his mindset,gives me great pause,I was told that while with Little Caesars he rarely back checked,and if things didn't revolve around him he would sulk.
No questioning his talent, but the question I would have for London fans is did they get the next Mitch Marner,who I didn't like as a Knight but love as a Leaf,or did they get Josh Hosang,a player with immense talent but a polarizing personna.
Like I said did not know anything about the youngster other then his skill reputation till Saturday.
I have said it before I like it when teams sign guys headed for the NCAA,even London,so drafting where they did, doesn't bother me in the least.
However misleading folks and what I heard on Saturday about compelled me to post this.Who knows what happens can't say London fans haven't been warned.
For your sakes hope not, Windsor was warned don't take HoSang and they did anyways.
Time will tell...
However, Rychel was certainly upset that the Knights selected Stranges, and that's an odd reaction to have IF Stranges is a malcontent. I'm glad that Stranges was a topic of conversation in Windsor. He's going to haunt you for 4 years! :nod:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
HL Ill be interested to see if you respond as to why WR was so upset with Londons pick of Stranges. We both know. But please share.

Kids that change their mind or are selective? Cam Fowler ring a bell? Among others that have played in Windsor but Im sure those players are a different story. Did they lie or change their mind? Did their advisors/agents/parents play a role as with Stranges?
And why now bring up HoSang. You defended and praised the kid constantly while with the Spits but now...... No consistency/balance or objectivity in your posting or PM.
But again we know where it comes from. A bitterness from all green n gold. And thats OK. I get it.
Im just not a fan of going on other teams boards and slagging a pre rookie player based on rumblings at a spring camp. A camp where ownership would have loved him to attend ;)
I've always been positive on Spits draft picks when posting on Windsors board. And wished them well. If I have heard negatives I don't throw it out publicly. That's just me thou.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
fKOLWynI_bigger.jpg
Jake Jeffrey‏ @AOHLjake 2h2 hours ago

THIS JUST IN:
OPP have charged London Knights goalie Joseph Raaymakers with stunt driving

Reactions: Fastpace

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
HL Ill be interested to see if you respond as to why WR was so upset with Londons pick of Stranges. We both know. But please share.

Kids that change their mind or are selective? Cam Fowler ring a bell? Among others that have played in Windsor but Im sure those players are a different story. Did they lie or change their mind? Did their advisors/agents/parents play a role as with Stranges?
And why now bring up HoSang. You defended and praised the kid constantly while with the Spits but now...... No consistency/balance or objectivity in your posting or PM.
But again we know where it comes from. A bitterness from all green n gold. And thats OK. I get it.
Im just not a fan of going on other teams boards and slagging a pre rookie player based on rumblings at a spring camp. A camp where ownership would have loved him to attend ;)
I've always been positive on Spits draft picks when posting on Windsors board. And wished them well. If I have heard negatives I don't throw it out publicly. That's just me thou.

I find it surprising throwing out labels on a player who has never played a game in the OHL. I think it's okay for fans of other teams to question how this happened so soon, whether he picked his spot. I don't believe for a moment other franchises are in that same position to pick a Stranges maybe just a handful of the 20 teams. On the other hand to label a player who hasn't played a game is weak sauce. Stranges might be Ho-Sang?? The same Ho-Sang that helped Niagara get to an OHL Final and their leading point getter? The same Niagara team who's 2nd leading scorer was the great Pavel Jenys or highly touted Perlini going in the tank for the playoffs. I think everyone would say Ho-Sang has maturing to do but having to mature and being able to have success aren't mutually exclusive. Schremp didn't mature a lot after juniors but he still helped a team win an OHL title and Memorial Cup. I already know WR can do no wrong they just had their most successful draft since 15 and a player hasn't even played a game yet.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
fKOLWynI_bigger.jpg
Jake Jeffrey‏ @AOHLjake 2h2 hours ago

THIS JUST IN:
OPP have charged London Knights goalie Joseph Raaymakers with stunt driving

That is reckless of him to do, never a need to speed up your's and somebody else's death, best leave early and arrive alive. I seriously hope Raaymakers learns his lesson, in me he has lost a couple good points from one of his fans

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
The difference between him and I at the same age is I was lucky and I never got caught. Hell back then it was 70 mph and if you didn't drive 85 you'd get run over ffs. I am totally miffed by some of the trollers from the other boards. I understand that the Knight's getting Stranges where they did might be a bit of a piss off to some fans whose team misses the boat every year but whining is not the answer on our board. Whine on your own. If say Peterborough drafts Stranges and he doesn't report then they can trade him for picks probably and that is probably what is going to happen with Culleye there and Perfetti where he was drafted. So Rob and Dale are supposed to pass on Stranges at 21 because it might piss off Warren Rychel other GM's and a bunch of other teams fans. I hope not or I would be down at the Bud kicking the pair of them in the nuts for being so stupid. That will never happen because they think ahead and out of the box. They knew this draft was deep and that is why the Militec trade and getting the 23rd overall pick was important. Congrats for being insightful to look ahead and analyze what your needs are for the next 2-4 years. They could have as many as 5 more 3rds next year if the cards fall right and 4 seconds the next year. It is called loading the cupboard and don't let fear, common sense and good judgement hold you back.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Tough lesson, glad nobody was hurt. JR will probably need a ride for a few years, or a pro contract to afford insurance.

Speeding Ticket Penalties | Penalties for Speeding

-6 demerit points
-Immediate 7 day licence suspension
-Immediate 7 day vehicle impound
-One year licence suspension
-Minimum fine $2,000
-Maximum fine $10,000
-Jail up to 6 months
-100% Insurance increase

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I was looking at last night scoresheet of Hamilton/Kingston game won 5-2 by the Frontenacs, with no surprise, well except for you know who and what usualy happens in Max Jones world of hockey and of course just a little normal series of penalties for him (lol). He must of said something really bad about the refferee's mother, will he be suspended and could these suspension be bought back?

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I was looking at last night scoresheet of Hamilton/Kingston game won 5-2 by the Frontenacs, with no surprise, well except for you know who and what usualy happens in Max Jones world of hockey and of course just a little normal series of penalties for him (lol). He must of said something really bad about the refferee's mother, will he be suspended and could these suspension be bought back?

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

The 'Max Jones Affair' last night:
Max Jones scored a Goal @ 14:17 in the 1st Period.
Max Jones gets a Slashing Penalty @ 16:00 of the 1st Period (2 minutes after his goal).
Jones serves the 2 minute penalty.
15 Seconds later..........Jones get out of the Penalty Box and 'sprays' the Hamilton Goaltender.
Doug Graham of the Kingston-Whig describes the scene:
The Frontenacs were down a forward after a bizarre scenario late in the first when Jones received a double minor, a misconduct and game misconduct for what amounted to a snow spray on goaltender Fulcher at the end of a scoring play.
The Jones spray was enough to bring Hamilton defenceman Nicolas Mattinen over and
he and Jones tussled.
The resulting penalties were all against Jones, a minor for unsportsmanlike, a minor for roughing, a misconduct and a game misconduct for verbal abuse of an official.
Referees Sean Reid and Dave Lewis, were booed off the ice at the end of the period.
When they came back out for the second,they were greeted with more voices of disapproval.
There was a scrum in the corner at the end of the period and Pu was punched at least twice in the head, knocking his helmet off.
Referee Lewis deemed no harm no foul and sent the teams to their dressing room.
The officials were again booed on to the ice for the third period.
Frontenacs force Game 5 with convincing win

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights Goalie Charged With Stunt Driving

By Matt WeverinkApril 24, 2018 10:49am@Matt_Weverink

A London Knights goaltender is in some trouble with the law after allegedly going way too fast on Hwy. 401 in Chatham-Kent.
The OPP say 20-year-old Joseph Raaymakers of Chatham is charged with stunt driving after police pulled over a vehicle that was reportedly going more than 180 km/h in the westbound lanes of the Hwy. 401 at around 1am on April 14.
Police say Raaymakers’ driver’s licence and the vehicle he was driving were both taken away for seven days as a result of the charge. He’s also scheduled to appear in court on May 23 to answer to the charge.
“The London Knights are aware of the incident involving Joseph Raaymakers and are still gathering information as it pertains to this situation,” read a statement issued by the Knights organization on Tuesday afternoon.
“The London Knights will have no further comment on this incident at this time.”
The OPP are also taking the opportunity to remind the public that the penalties for driving 50 km/h or more over the speed limit can include: a fine of up to $10,000, six demerit points, up to six months in jail, a driver’s licence suspension of up to two years for a first conviction, and a suspension of up to ten years for a second conviction within ten years.
BlackburnNews.com - London Knights Goalie Charged With Stunt Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad