London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
This game is no indication to what will take place in the playoffs. Neither team had a full roster and the Knights played their backup goalie.

Two totally different teams the next time they meet.
You are the voice of reason Otto.

Reactions: Fastpace

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Not frost hayton calibre
Are you serious? I am no NHL Scout or GM, but two top 10 NHL picks are of a very high calibre. Frost and Hayton are very good, but so are Boqvist and Bouchard....I think all 4 players could have played a ton better at the WJC, but thats no problem as they will all hopefully come back motivated

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't buy the missing players argument , it was the same for both teams and they all dressed OHL caliber players. The Knights had the better part of the play and more shots on goal, Soo scored some very timely goals and even though they were 1 for 6 on their men advantage they were able to wrestle the momentum away from the Knights in the second from the barrage of Knights penalties that they pretty much kept for the rest of the game. I know there are many if's but we need to look at what could have been the possibilities from a positive side.

The Greyhounds played a very good game and well enough to earned that game and not wanting to take anything away from them I think the Knights did them a favor. If we take that goal on a bad change I believe it was their third one in the second period, also that one with 5 second left in the first hurt too and take away two really bad penalties in the second that could have still preserved a Knights momentum. We all know how hard the Knights are to play against when they have the lead and the momentum on their side.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Are you serious? I am no NHL Scout or GM, but two top 10 NHL picks are of a very high calibre. Frost and Hayton are very good, but so are Boqvist and Bouchard....I think all 4 players could have played a ton better at the WJC, but thats no problem as they will all hopefully come back motivated
I think frost played great at the wj. Je led the team in points what more do you want.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Sorry folks, and I don’t mean to be “that guy”, but if you don’t realize that the Soo was lucky to have faced Kooy, and that Kooy was the reason we lost, you don’t understand much about goaltending.
Look at the bad angle shots that went in. Those are what goalies call bad goals.
Secondly, how many pucks made
It through him but missed the net, hit a post, or sat in the crease. Raaymakers on an off night would have got us the W.

Reactions: LDN and Knights2729

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sorry folks, and I don’t mean to be “that guy”, but if you don’t realize that the Soo was lucky to have faced Kooy, and that Kooy was the reason we lost, you don’t understand much about goaltending.
Look at the bad angle shots that went in. Those are what goalies call bad goals.
It through him but missed the net, hit a post, or sat in the crease. Raaymakers on an off night would have got us the W.

Ya, you are kind of right some folks do not know anything about goalies and they are not the ones that don't blame Kooy for this loss, sorry to disappoint you.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Ya, you are kind of right some folks do not know anything about goalies and they are not the ones that don't blame Kooy for this loss, sorry to disappoint you.
You’re not disappointing me at all. You can show your love for ya boy Kooy....I
Get it. I stick up for the players I dig too...even when they absolutely stunk.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
You’re not disappointing me at all. You can show your love for ya boy Kooy....I
Get it. I stick up for the players I dig too...even when they absolutely stunk.

Sticking up for your boy or being told you don't know anything about goaltending has two different meanings, and yes I do "Get It"

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

I don't really get the hate for Kooy. There was one weak goal and another he might want back, but he also made some spectacular saves. Villalta wasn't all that sharp either, but I don't think that goaltending was the deciding factor in a really great game to watch.

The Knights got off to a quick start, but the Greyhounds slowly turned the tide and played much better in the third. I thought it was pretty even and very fitting that the game went to overtime.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I said it earlier. Kooy just doesn’t give you those saves that keep you in the game late. And I don’t want to hear the excuses that he needs to play more to stay sharp. That’s BS. He needs to work on his fundamentals. Take last night for example. Knights claw back from two down to tie the game. Razor stones the Ice Dogs the rest of the way....two on Maksimov up close alone. Tonight, we claw back from one goal deficits twice. But Kooy can’t make the stops. That is demoralizing for a team knowing that you can’t trust your goalie to keep you in it. 3rd and 4th goals were poorly played by Kooy. OT goal, he overcommitted to the one side and left the corner exposed. Razor doesn’t make those mistakes late in the game. Kooy does. Don’t think we will be seeing much of Kooy down the stretch. Ride Razor all the way.

Reactions: Knights77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Why was Cotter on the wing? Isn't he your best faceoff guy?

Not worth worrying about.
When push comes to shove the right players will take tbe draws. Based on more info than most on here have access too. Its experiment time now. New bodies ect... Lets see what fits where.

That, and the more important issue, regardless of who takes an OZone or nuetral zone FO on any given line, is who takes on the DZone responsibilities as a C.
With the right combo you can share it, but most times its 1 player per line responsibility.
Its why Id never mind 2 natural Cs on a checking line. Back up draw, def responsible

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I said it earlier. Kooy just doesn’t give you those saves that keep you in the game late. And I don’t want to hear the excuses that he needs to play more to stay sharp. That’s BS. He needs to work on his fundamentals. Take last night for example. Knights claw back from two down to tie the game. Razor stones the Ice Dogs the rest of the way....two on Maksimov up close alone. Tonight, we claw back from one goal deficits twice. But Kooy can’t make the stops. That is demoralizing for a team knowing that you can’t trust your goalie to keep you in it. 3rd and 4th goals were poorly played by Kooy. OT goal, he overcommitted to the one side and left the corner exposed. Razor doesn’t make those mistakes late in the game. Kooy does. Don’t think we will be seeing much of Kooy down the stretch. Ride Razor all the way.

Yes do take last night ex: (Niag. game) and do tell us why they had to come from behind by two goals again, oh and who was in net ? He's no better than Kooy and why are we blaming goalies, when 5 other players out front made their mistakes before the puck got to them and for a long while there were only three of them in the Soo game. They do work them hard at practice everyday and it's absolutely not BS needing more game action to stay sharp and game ready, the reason why Kooy needs more game action is well explained above in your very own post.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Pyette LFP
NEW GUY:
Kevin Hancock
The first time Hancock stepped onto London ice, it wasn’t the most comfortable feeling in the world.
“I was 17 years old and I was really nervous coming here (as an opposing player),” the former Owen Sound Attack centre admitted. “You have 9,000 people in the stands and it feels like they’re right on top of you. It’s so loud and you don’t forget that experience.”
Those jitters are long gone.
“I’m an older guy on the team so I’ll bring my leadership on and off the ice to the younger guys,” he said. “I’ve been through a couple of playoff runs. I know what it takes when you get to Games 5, 6 and 7. We’re pushing for the Memorial Cup and I’m trying to prove myself and be everything I can be to get that (pro) contract.”
The Knights brass and coaching staff have been watching him for years – either in person or on video tape. Even in those first few viewings while he was making his way at this level, he stood out.
“We thought he was the perfect fit,” London associate GM Rob Simpson said. “Throughout this process (while they were trying to find out about him as a person), we heard a lot about character. People were saying that to us without us even asking. Back in 2016-17, we brought in players that had a lot of talent that didn’t quite mesh. Sometimes the star player with the big name doesn’t suit you. Kevin is versatile. He scores a lot on nifty shots and stuff around the net. You think it’s a fluke but he does it consistently.
“It translates well to the playoffs when you have to find different ways to score.”
Hounds still have Knights number

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Pyette: LFP
KEEPING THE KIDS:

Most of the time, it takes a quality 16-year-old prospect for a half-year rental of a prime 19-year-old world junior skater.
Right now not many teams are willing to pay that price. The OHL’s crop of 2002-born talent are considered one of the better rookie classes in recent memory – and their promise is affecting trade discussions.
“It’s a lot tougher to move players who you think have star potential,” Simpson said. “It takes a lot of thought. You really have to believe in your team to do that, but you also have to know you have other guys who can come back the next year (to carry the load). That’s why you’re not seeing as many ’02s being traded. You look at that group as a whole and they’re making an impact already.”
The Knights are happy to hold on to Antonio Stranges, Luke Evangelista, Gerard Keane and Sahil Panwar as the nucleus of the future.
Hounds still have Knights number

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Exciting game last night.
Personally, I thought the boys played hard after an emotional win in Niagara on Thursday.
Kevin Hancock is a nice addition to the Knights. He plays with courage, smarts and skill.
Alec Regula continues to impress with his overall game.
Dunkley plays another good game.
Bouchard and Boqvist back in the line-up.
4 Games next week:
Tuesday vs Guelph.......Home
Friday vs Saginaw.........Home
Saturday vs Ottawa.....Home
Sunday vs Kitchener...Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad