London Knights 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dog

May 16, 2014
why are sabres keeping zadorov..when he hasn't dressed for a game this season?

Just this week he was dumping on the Knights this season in this thread, despite Windsor being in an identical circumstance.

Nothing has been done, nothing has been done in a year since he was publicly asked to stop.. and he hasn't

Almost every time he posts in this thread, it breaks rule #2, a rule you're supposed to uphold. His NEGATIVE opinions are supposed to be posted in the WINDSOR thread.

Funny....he was called out publicly by myself less than a year ago..in fact..it was less than 2 months ago.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
I personally even think saying a 19 year old kid could poison a bunch of 16/17 year olds and their future is a ridiculous statement.

Based off last year, I'd absolutely deem it a legitimate risk. It's not just Londoners echoing that sentiment either--other OHL fans, agents, etc. Heck, there was an article from a Sabres writer about him mailing it in. If one mails it in at NHL training camp, how do you expect they act in juniors?

Information isn't confined to the walls of the Wortley [or insert secret hiding space].

KNIGHTSFAN7*

Funny....he was called out publicly by myself less than a year ago..in fact..it was less than 2 months ago.

I know you did, I stated here you did, you've done it multiple times in fact. In general, I don't think you moderate this forums badly at all.

On this one particular person, I have absolutely no clue why you let him continually break the rules, and get away with it.

Since you publicly warned him, has it stopped? No, it happens every single week, including this week. Just because he's not offending anyone or being malicious doesn't mean he's not breaking the rules. He has no business in this thread with how he posts, and that should be enforced.

I know you did, I stated here you did, you've done it multiple times in fact. In general, I don't think you moderate this forums badly at all.

On this one particular person, I have absolutely no clue why you let him continually break the rules, and get away with it.

Since you publicly warned him, has it stopped? No, it happens every single week, including this week. Just because he's not offending anyone or being malicious doesn't mean he's not breaking the rules. He has no business in this thread with how he posts, and that should be enforced.

Direct me to the post where you feel he was "trolling" by definition. Not something you didn't like to read...definitive trolling. I'll decide whether or not you're grasping straws.

KNIGHTSFAN7*

Based off last year, I'd absolutely deem it a legitimate risk. It's not just Londoners echoing that sentiment either--other OHL fans, agents, etc. Heck, there was an article from a Sabres writer about him mailing it in. If one mails it in at NHL training camp, how do you expect they act in juniors?

Information isn't confined to the walls of the Wortley [or insert secret hiding space].

I don't know the guy, neither do you, we can't fully know or understand what he's thinking. Is it positive? Probably not? Could he hurt the room, my opinion is I don't think he could affect it that much, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure it depends on the kids in the room, they are young.. and the coaches. Like I said, I want a rebuild like everyone else, but I want to get as many picks as we possibly can for that rebuild, so we really have the best chance to win in a few years.

Saying that... I don't care what anyone says, if they get horvat and zadorov back, they will go for it this year. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm not saying I think they will win. But I do understand it. You can not justify going for a rebuild if you have that roster, and own the team. Sure as fans we can sit there and say it, but were also the minority on this forum. You have 9000 people to please, and a reputation.

KNIGHTSFAN7*

Direct me to the post where you feel he was "trolling" by definition. Not something you didn't like to read...definitive trolling. I'll decide whether or not you're grasping straws.

Will do, but you have to read the entirety of rule #2.. it's not just personal insults or direct trolling, it's posting any negative opinion of an opposing team, in their own thread.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Saying that... I don't care what anyone says, if they get horvat and zadorov back, they will go for it this year. I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm not saying I think they will win. But I do understand it. You can not justify going for a rebuild if you have that roster, and own the team. Sure as fans we can sit there and say it, but were also the majority on this forum. You have 9000 people to please, and a reputation.

I agree this is the most likely scenario if both returned.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
And sometimes...issues aren't stated because a fan is the only one saying it. Sometimes statements are being made because rumblings are heard.;)

If rumblings are being heard from Parsons handlers because he has played 61 minutes less than Giugovaz this early in the season then I would agree with you. Trade him now, because we would clearly have an attitude about him that I wouldn't want around the rest of the team for the next 3+ years.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
As local piss pot, I'd like to weigh in on HL/the new guy.

There are defined veterans and rookies here. Which is totally ok because you need a base of stability. Sure you may disagree with PP or JH or Nelli or any of the other prominent members but they're needed. Kind of like having a Harrington or Leroux or Houser. Certain ones like HL get to spew until they reach the bs threshold then get their wrists slapped accordingly. At least he's upfront about his trolling unlike other cockroaches who hide behind usernames when all they do is slander a particular fanbase.

My overall message: get over it. You, just like me, aren't that important to dictate how a forum is run.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Where did I state they were rumbling?;)

You didn't, but it was implied because of this:
Otto said:
Still, my point stands. Sometimes more damage can be done to the team by "fans" putting ideas into the minds of the players family, when in actuality it's a non-issue.
PhlyerPhanatic said:
And sometimes...issues aren't stated because a fan is the only one saying it. Sometimes statements are being made because rumblings are heard.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I doubt Zad would accept a trade. Based on rumblings from people here and others I've met thru "the system". His heart isn't in jr.
I've been against the Hope trade, but totally appreciate why that move is being considerefd.- help the young D, provide a solid tender for Hunter to try n max PO gate revenue.
I'm on the sell it all bandwagon and have since the Memorial Cup but again appreciate Hunters position. Lots of cash for every PO home game, and the rep of a franchise who hasn't dropped to a top 4 pick in eons. I worry they will run with what they have ( or slightly upgrade) if the 2 still in the show return but it us a business. I also have faith Mark can find takent/assets but top picks don't hurt. They used the ability to trade up for Euro picks to help acquire top talent ( traded up for both Zad and Mattaa but that's over now)
HLs posts aren't worth worrying about if they bug you. I get the resentment if someone feels they've been spanked for similar things but ....that's often life.
I wouldn't take the Wely trade as a sign off a complete sell off, more accomadating a players request.
Off to hockey, have a great day all.

PS- PP I got your ball cap.

KNIGHTSFAN7*

So this is from the first 30 pages or so in this thread.. and this an improved HL... still it doesn't change the fact that the majority of his posts in this thread he breaks the rules. Almost all of his opinions about the knights are negative, and shared in this board. What I find the most irritating are he will post negative knight opinions, then compare them to positive windsor opinions. His posting is fine, if it was done in his own board. PP, you yourself have argued with him 3 times in the first 9 pages of this. It seems most people just ignore him and don't even take the bait or respond to any of his posts anymore. Like I said, you don't see this done on any other thread in the forum. Most of the comments he makes, could spark a fight, if knight fans take the bait. Most of these posts show him breaking rule #2, others are debatable, still showing my point.

The only change is I would insert Jamieson instead of Martenet, genuine concerns re Martenet's footwork, they are the same age, except Jamieson performed well in the playoffs, while Martenet could not crack USHL lineup

-Dumps on Martenet

Not sure why you want to have a slow footed 6'7" dman as a 7th or 8th guy of Defrias who is younger and more mobile
Also you as well put Seguin and Elie in the cute loose or demote pile wont get a bag
of pucks for either a 19 yr old forward with 1 career goal in 4o plus games and Elie an 18 year old who is pointless in 11 games,a good jr b player but thats it
No team in their right mind would give assets for either
You are right about the prime assets though 1 predict only 1 comes back and he will be the most difficult to move,most teams are set with their Euros especially the good ones

- Dumps on Martenet, Seguin and Ellie

Phyler

As you know this is time of year where few deals are made as other teams are figuring out their squads,best thing for Knights to do is put Elie and Seguin on waivers giving them a small chance of being claimed
I think unless Belleville gets him,Elie will wind up in the Q,not bad for him seeing
he is bilingual,Tate well the Q is always looking for aggressive players,dont think the O is in either guys future,nasty part of the business
As for Martenet you should have said virtually cant move,not be moved:)
Actually I would keep Defarias,not sure what a team can get for a 5th rd pick player with little experience
Cut your losses with Martenet,London can afford it,probably gave him 4 yrs of edc
going to pay it anyways

- Dumps on the 3 same players again

I agree with what u are saying re Erie"s scoring after McJesus and Strome,they have 250 goals from last yrs lineup,I would take most teams except a couple over Erie in theory
As for the Klima twins comparison with the Ruperts,Ruperts far tougher,dirtier and in the end more skilled,there has to be a reason why they the Klimas were passed over twice in the draft,by 19 other teams

-Dumps on the Kima twins, you argue with him on this point.

Actually Vail is an excellent 2 way player and is very good defensively,and now that his
conditioning is better then its ever been his ceiling has become higher imo

-Backhand insult towards rupert.

How do you define alot more,Rychel and Ebert retrieved 5 2nd rders
and Rychel for those who dont know Rychel scored the most goals 122 and pts 272
then any other player drafted that yr
Nick Ebert also had more points then any dman drafted in the same draft year

Bo Horvat currently has the 2nd most pts drafted in his yr 2011,165 pts in 185 games
while Max Domi is #1 overall scoring 229 pts,with 94 goals in 187 games

I think 3 2nd rders is fair based on the above

-Starting an argument saying Kerby should receive more draft picks than Horvat

I would concede 1 3rd and the 4th too,though I get the desire to get a 1st rd player,though no 1st rd players were dealt last yr plus picks
You say Horvat is NHL ready not disagreeing with you,how would his attitude be playing in jr again,like u said the mem cup appearances,and playoff mvp,not
much motivation in my view

-Dumping on Horvat

Horvat attitude has been questioned too in the room by some if I am a gm I would stay clear of 2 out of 3 of the amigos

-Dumping on Horvat, and Zadorov

Deep Thinkings-DT- London Edition- featuring,comments,questions,facts and stats

DT- 1 Does anybody else have concerns with London having a very young dcorps
a former fulltime d man was not hired to coach these phillies
The London D has not been the same since Rob Ramage

DT-2 Rumors that the Knights new goal song is The Star Spangled Banner are wrong
despite the fact the Knights have 11 born US players
Maybe they should play both anthems like they did re the Leafs game vs Philly

DT-3 Interesting stat,forwards Max Domi and Bo Horvat are 1-2 for total scoring
points from their 95 born draft year
Leads me to the next question,Max Domi was the last player 1st rder aquired in
a trade till the recent Victor Mete deal
Is Mete, Ellis/Murphy 2.0 or Bateman 2.0, my money is on the former

DT-4 What a kick in the junk,with the announcement that goalie Micheal Latorella
commits to Ohio State,2nd guy this summer Zach Werenski the other,that a
high rated player chooses not to play here
And so far neither Tkzchuk and Everts have given indications of coming in
Having said that I do think power forward Max Jones the only 1st rder unsigned
by a team will be here next year,especially if the Knights acquire dman
brother Mitch from Plymouth,which is expected to occur

Well thats it for now- till next time

- Just a general dumping

He is worth a boat load of picks alright,a row boat load
And its not because of lack of talent,its because his head is not into the OHL
at all
Suggesting he should named captain of this group is ludicrious,funny but
crazy,would never happen

- Dump on Zadorov

Phyler

Not trying to be contrary, just wondering if there has been a shift in your thinking regarding calls that affect outcomes of games or non calls too, as in past you have rigidly stated otherwise , that's its weak to blame officials for an outcome or a copout I think is the word you have used
Now I do think officials have a say in the outcome of some games, so I think its refreshing to see your shift in thinking or is this a one off situation

- He tried to take a shot here at you PP, whether you took it as so or not.

Deep Thinkings with some facts- London edition

DT-1- How the mighty have fallen,Knights have scored only 9 goals including 1 shootout
goal,tied for last with Niagara and Sudbury,more appalling is only 3 goals
at even strength,.6 goals per game
Max Domi and Mitch Marner goal less in 3 and 5 games respectively,Domi all but
1 of his pts are on special teams and Marner all of his pts are on spec teams,0
at even strength
Dvorak the only forward who has scored more then twice ,he has 3

DT-2 As I said after the draft,offense from the D,could be a problem,well the D
only have 3 pts,2 assists from Bergman and 1 goal from Crowley everybody
else zip
Of the 11 rookie skaters excluding the goalie Parsons,only 3 points have been
garnered,and thats the 2 defense guys listed above Bergman and Crawley

DT-3 Dont think that I am the only 1 thinking the Knights are misusing Ben Gleason
The 16 yr old dman has been used upfront primarily,I think its wrong,needs
to learn now,not later about playing d

DT-4-- Goaltending appears to be fine with Parsons and Giggy,despite Parsons
4.07 GA,might get worse before its gets better

DT-5 Both the PP and PK currently are 13th in the league for effectiveness.75.8
on the PK and 16.7 on the PP,for a combined total of 92.5

DT-6 The Knights knew this would be a down year,doubt they expected the lack of
scoring from the likes of Domi,Marner,Welly,Rupert, and to a lesser extent
MacDonald and Yakimowicz
Martenet is the best plus player so far,in fact the only one with a plus,its
a plus 1,while Mermis is the teams worst at -6

DT-7- Its too early to project a London ultimate finish,with the fate of
Horvat and Zadorov undetermined,certainly different seeing London
at the bottom of the pile,instead at or near the top of the conference
Rebuilds usually take time,will be interesting what moves occur moving
forward

- General dumping of the Knights

While I know 7 games are early here are some interesting stats and so views
For comparative purposes we look a the current 2 bottom teams of each conference
in the West,London and Windsor tied with 4 pts each, with Niagara and Sudbury representing the East,with zero and 2 pts repectively
Windsor is 2-4,London 2-5,Niagara 0-6 and Sudbury is 1-7,
In the goals for dept,Windsor has 15,Nia has 14,Sudbury has 13 and London has 12
In the goals against category Sudbury has allowed 35,Windsor 27,London 26 and Nia 23
Where it gets interesting is the even strength goals scored by the respective teams
Windsor is 13/15,Niagara 10/14,Sud-6/13 and London 5/12
One would think special teams takes a hit for all these teams and that is true
except in the pk dept where Niagara is 2nd best in the OHL in this dept,while Windsor
is 9th,everything else as it relates to pp and pk follows in the bottom third or west
especially in the pp where Windsor is 19th and Niagara 20th in pp effieciency

Leaving the East,and going with the West only,Windsor and London are some comparitives
Londons rookie forwards 4 in number Klima x2,Valentini and Rymsha have yet to score and for that matter yet to register a point,Windsor"s rookie forwards numbering 5,Brown,
Luchuk,Kirwan,Manchurek, and Vertiy have scored 6 goals and added 6 assists for 12 pts
On the D- from a scoring perspective overall London"s D has 5 total pts,Windsor]s has 10,in fact Trevor Murphy"s 6 pts beats all of Londons combined
However in the goal dept London has 2 and Windsor 0
Rookie scoring from the D,London and Windsor both have 2 pts,did not include Bergman because at 19 not considerd a rookie or Soberg upfront a rookie for Windsor because he is 19 as well,London included 5 d and Windsor 3,Crawley for London has scored the lone goal for all rookie d between the 2 clubs
In the goaltending dept Guigovaz and Fotinos are 3.47,Parsons is 3.65 and Johnston is at 12.00 for his 2/3 of a game at Sarnia,this past Saturday when he allowed 8 goals in his season debut
While we all knew London would be in a rebuild,a down year expected,what has surprised me the most is the lack of production from the vets and the lack of production from the rookies too
5 goals at even strength in 7 games is troubling,Domi goal less in 5 is shocking,Marner with 1 is disappointing and 1 even strength pt more so,Rupert 1 goal in 5,Welly despite 3 goals,4 pts, but an eye dropping -7,Macdonald and Yakimovicz have been underwhelming,Elie and Seguin have done zilch and would get zilch in any deals best to waive both,the rookies as mentioned before are pointless,despite their relative hustle
Dvorak appears to be the only forward so far of any substance,and thats in the last 3 ganes
On the back end Mermis has not delivered the goods,Bergman the Sedish import has played well in spots though being team with Mermis has hurt more helped,Crawley shows potential,Martenet I am told has played well,Nother not enough playing time to
judge,Mete is learning the O is not easy to be expected,not sure when Hunter will loosen the reins,Gleason is being misused should not be playing forward
The goaltending tandem of Parsons and Guigy appears to be the least of the Knights concerns moving forward
No doubt a return of Horvat and Zadorov would change things,though I expect both would be moved,it looks like things will be tough for a while if the current trend continues
Sure hope the London folks will be patient,I see no quick fix here,in other words more then 2 years is needed,the Knights might finish in the bottom 4,not saying they will,I cant see Niagara and Windsor in the bottom 4 at the end,bit I definitely see Sudbury
London getting a top 2 pick and a top 6 in the Euro draft,plus Max Jones arriving could do things quicker,I just dont see next yr though,too young not enough top 6 talent,too young on the D,it will be important to sign Vella as well
Things may get more interesting if the other Rupert returns,I could see like others have said 4 o/as and Domi moved
In conclusion Marner needs to get it going,perhaps not having the insulation this year compared to last has hampered him I dont know

-General dumping of the knighrs, marner at the end

Good...hope you're right.

You noticed in my post I used comparatives between London, Windsor, Niagara and Sudbury
Also in the last 4 games Windsor is 2-2, London 1-3, and the other 2 are 0-4 , what's so bad about 2-2, a bad game in Sarnia does not change that record, Windsor has had 3 or 4 key players missing every game, and before you mention London, I doubt Horvat returns and I predict Zadorov winds up in Russia or Europe

-General dumping of knights, boasts about windsor

While I know its early and things may change ,I would take Strome,Zacha,Konecny
and Crouse ahead of Marner right now

-Slight shot at Marner.

You get the gist of the guys posts, he hates the knights, loves windsor. That's fine, but the way he posts, he doesn't belong in this board. His opinions are almost always negative, and could start arguments if knights posters choose to do so, most are so used to the guy after years of this that no one cares anymore. Personal insults or not, he's breaking rule #2.

KNIGHTSFAN7*

Again, he's gotten better, that's this new thread, which is like a month old.

Even in the last Knights thread two months ago it was FAR FAR worse, and in the thread before that, it was even worse.

How many chances does the guy get? He has absolutely no other goal but to piss people off in this thread...

So people have posted here saying he's a veteran and so it's okay.. why exactly? Ares post saying there's going to be people like that in life so you have to deal with it.. this is a forum, with set rules, and moderators to enforce them. It's been going on for years, it's absorb to me. As a new user coming in, I see a guy like HL.. and it makes me think I can do that, I can post that way. It also stirs up arguments and gets new users banned. It's friendly banter to you veterans, and you've learned to ignore HL completely, but think about someone new coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad