Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
All the guys he mentioned have gotten multiple games with the NHL team. We've put Brown on the Taxi squad twice this year only to send him back to belleville without a game.

So, yes, Peca, Haley and Anisimov all made the team at one point or another.
Those players are all 4th line fodder,we need Logan Brown to do what he does best which is produce at a t6 pace...And he didnt win a slot from the players in that role hense why he didnt get a game...

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
All the guys he mentioned have gotten multiple games with the NHL team. We've put Brown on the Taxi squad twice this year only to send him back to belleville without a game.

So, yes, Peca, Haley and Anisimov all made the team at one point or another.

Anisimov made the team of out camp. Not the same thing.

Haley and Peca have played 4 games each during a season which started over a month and half ago. The coach is managing a 28 man roster to keep intensity, game shape and hope at reasonable levels. Those 4 games don't mean that they've made the team.

Also, Brown isn't competing for a backup role on the 4th line.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anisimov made the team of out camp. Not the same thing.

Haley and Peca have played 4 games each during a season which started over a month and half ago. The coach is managing a 28 man roster to keep intensity, game shape and hope at reasonable levels. Those 4 games don't mean that they've made the team.

Also, Brown isn't competing for a backup role on the 4th line.

Which is it, a 28 man roster or a 23 man roster? Pick one, you can't claim its both the team and not the team, the roster and not the roster. Being a heathly scratch on the main roster or as part of the taxi squad is a distinction without a difference. Guys on two way contracts tend to end up on the later for financial reasons alone.

People are advocating Brown get games to see where he stands at this level after being a top producer the last two years in the AHL, if he runs with it great, if he gets 4 games and struggles, no big deal, now the team knows. We need to do this because Brown is expansion draft eligible, they need to make the call on whether he should be protected or not.

Maybe if instead of giving plugs like Haley games we inserted talented players we could ice 4 good lines instead of 3. Brown doesn't have to come in as a 4th liner, he can play in the top 9 instead if Anisimov who's aweful in that role anyways.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Which is it, a 28 man roster or a 23 man roster? Pick one, you can't claim its both the team and not the team, the roster and not the roster. Being a heathly scratch on the main roster or as part of the taxi squad is a distinction without a difference. Guys on two way contracts tend to end up on the later for financial reasons alone.

People are advocating Brown get games to see where he stands at this level after being a top producer the last two years in the AHL, if he runs with it great, if he gets 4 games and struggles, no big deal, now the team knows. We need to do this because Brown is expansion draft eligible, they need to make the call on whether he should be protected or not.

Maybe if instead of giving plugs like Haley games we inserted talented players we could ice 4 good lines instead of 3. Brown doesn't have to come in as a 4th liner, he can play in the top 9 instead if Anisimov who's aweful in that role anyways.
Brown has also had some injuries,so it may just be them wanting him to get some sort of game action in his proper role before they give him the call...He is going to be up here sooner or later,I as most here should be ok with making sure he is ready to take his spot

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
While I agree to degree and getting a return would have been nice, what have the guys in bold done that has been significant with other NHL organizations?

Yah not much I agree but I would rather have all those guys or most of them playing in the AHL helping that team be more competitive.
I still do not like many of the decisions coming out of camp with the quality of the vets chosen over a couple of these guys

Reactions: DJB

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

And just to add to this, by the time his 5 game AHL "evaluation" is over, there will only be 26 NHL games left in the season.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He was at camp and the only scrimmage people got to see had Brown on the winning side producing against the NHL team. Lol.

Does anyone actually believe he didn't out play Stepan and Anisimov? That's insanity.
He had to outplay Norris not Anisimov and Stepan. There was no way they were starting the season with White and 2 rookies up the middle. I think most people know this. Now that Norris and White are playing complete games adding another rookie centre isn’t as much of a problem. All Brown needs to do is compete in the upcoming 5 AHL games and stay healthy. Easier said than done.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And just to add to this, by the time his 5 game AHL "evaluation" is over, there will only be 26 NHL games left in the season.
He really hasnt played much,injuries has alot to do with this...NVM for a second he didnt win a T6 job,he does need some sort of game action doesnt he??

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He had to outplay Norris not Anisimov and Stepan. There was no way they were starting the season with White and 2 rookies up the middle. I think most people know this. Now that Norris and White are playing complete games adding another rookie centre isn’t as much of a problem. All Brown needs to do is compete in the upcoming 5 AHL games and stay healthy. Easier said than done.

I hope he plays great in those games. Very dwindled roster down there though

Reactions: topshelf15

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He really hasnt played much,injuries has alot to do with this...NVM for a second he didnt win a T6 job,he does need some sort of game action doesnt he??
Yes, wouldn't that have been a smart idea to get him into game action instead of sitting idle for a month. What a concept.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I hope he plays great in those games. Very dwindled roster down there though
IMO it’s about competing not producing. If he is engaged and goes pointless I think that’s all the team wants to see. Players like Brown can look like they don’t care or aren’t “trying” to us fans watching on a stream or from the stands but a coach at ice level can tell quite easily. So take the Belleville game threads with a big grain of salt and focus on what Mann says post game.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes, wouldn't that have been a smart idea to get him into game action instead of sitting idle for a month. What a concept.
You do realise the AHL started later than the NHL right??Add in some injuries to Logan and you get what we are seeing here...Just saying

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Brown has also had some injuries,so it may just be them wanting him to get some sort of game action in his proper role before they give him the call...He is going to be up here sooner or later,I as most here should be ok with making sure he is ready to take his spot

Sure, getting some games in would be a reasonable justification, they probably could have played a couple games prior to the AHL starting up when Anisimov, White, and Stepan were all struggling (Tierney actually started off pretty good with Paul and C.Brown) but now almost 2 months into the season and he's played 2 games. Not ideal for his development or figuring out where he stands

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sure, getting some games in would be a reasonable justification, they probably could have played a couple games prior to the AHL starting up when Anisimov, White, and Stepan were all struggling (Tierney actually started off pretty good with Paul and C.Brown) but now almost 2 months into the season and he's played 2 games. Not ideal for his development or figuring out where he stands
Again,I dont think he was in competetion between those three for a job...Unless you see a future in Brown playing a bottom 6 role...Norris was and he lost the job to him early,now there is another slot that is opened up and that would be Tierney,s...Hense they are trying to give him another shot soon

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
White didn't start the season, we opted to play Anisimov instead. Maybe we could have rotated between the three of them to get him some games, or shifted White or Anisimov to the wing.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You do realise the AHL started later than the NHL right??Add in some injuries to Logan and you get what we are seeing here...Just saying
Yeah, so imagine if there was a way to get him into competitive hockey games during that time? Wouldn't it be a great idea to do that?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
White didn't start the season, we opted to play Anisimov instead. Maybe we could have rotated between the three of them to get him some games, or shifted White or Anisimov to the wing.
The point still stands coming out of camp Brown and Norris were never both making the roster.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Again,I dont think he was in competetion between those three for a job...Unless you see a future in Brown playing a bottom 6 role...Norris was and he lost the job to him early,now there is another slot that is opened up and that would be Tierney,s...Hense they are trying to give him another shot soon

Top 9 role is best for Brown, with a scoring role.

We started the year with a matchup line of Paul-Tierney-C.Brown, I'm sure we could find a way to give L.Brown some reps with scoring wingers.

Just as an example, using the opening night lines but replacing Anisimov and Paquette with Galchenyuk and Brown (and if desired Watson with White, though I've liked Watson in his role)

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stützle-Stepan-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown
Galchenyuk-L.Brown-White/Watson

That L.Brown line has a similar feel to the way we broke in Hoffman-Lazar-Stone on the "fourth" back in the day. Sheltered starts and PP time in a role designed to maximize their strengths, and go from there.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The point still stands coming out of camp Brown and Norris were never both making the roster.
I guess, though DJ specifically said if both deserve to be there they'd look at moving someone to the wing to make room,

I think financially though it was never happening because they'd have to bump a one way contract to the taxi squad (assuming they didn't bump Bath or Stü

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Geez. Imagine if they did something like that? They might be last place in the whole league.
I really don’t think the team cares where they wind up in the standings. Sure once the puck drops they want to win but it’s about development as a team. Anyway it’s time for Brown, he will never have a better opportunity than the rest of the season.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah, so imagine if there was a way to get him into competitive hockey games during that time? Wouldn't it be a great idea to do that?
Where though??Was he better than White Tierney and Norris,keeping in mind both White and Tierney have had productive seasons at this level and are on one way deals and subject to waivers...Unless u think his place was on the 4th line??

He is going to get a look for sure in a few games,and we need a top 6 center badly ...As Tierney isnt a top 6 center and White is a better option in the bottom 6 on the 3rd line...Iam one of the most outspoken about how this team has been run in the past few seasons,but there really isnt anything here to get upset about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad