Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t like to drink water.

Because of the disgusting things fish do in it. I much prefer drinking the wine. And if you're gonna drink the wine you need to drink the whole bottle.

Or, in the Leafs case, the Kool-Aid.

How anyone can listen to Pelley and actually believe what he's selling is beyond me. I get that it's his job to spin things and be positive. But he just comes across as a straight up Herb Tarlik style salesman.

Telling everyone what they want to hear.

This is the shit we're supposed to gobble up. That all of a sudden they're gonna admit they've made a mistake. That they're actually gonna drop their egos and fix the damage they've caused.

You'd have to be slobbering drunk to believe that.
You like yeast poo?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
If two or three years of him as a scout of faceoff coach or 'staple remover third class' is the trade-off for him retiring this summer, then yes!
Cam Neely went upstairs and got a cup.My pt is we need to get creative. No more next year when Tavares contract runs out. This teams window is starting to close. Almost all our key guys will decline soon. Next year is the year and that means big changes. Tavares isn't a captain, he never was.

No thanks.

The leader that after yet another blown lead/game 7 loss claimed this team was "so close" again this year? I don't want that mentality anywhere near decision-makers for this franchise.
Ha! It won't be Tavares making those decisions. Dubas didn't over ride Lou.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Brady for Mitch is a move I'd make 100% of the time, every time.
I would too. On a points for points basis Marner out points Brady, but the cap savings you get means you can get other players to help you + the intangibles Brady brings with effort & grit.

No way Ottawa does that deal.

Reactions: Moonman and ToneDog

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
On the north side of Horner, maybe about where the United Rentals place is now? (I am going back almost 40 years )
Wow, never knew there was a rink there, used to be a horse racing track and across the train tracks was Booth Brick quarry, the offuce is niw the seniors centre…….

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Leafs have scoring talent, but their effort dries up in playoffs. So do scoring chances.

Oilers GW OT goal was McDavid taking it from his own net, driving into the offensive zone and creating a chance to score which Bouchard got a lucky bounce off a Canucks skate.

Pasta's GW goal against Leafs was him zooming down the wing at full speed to grab a nice corner bounce pass dumped in from centre, swooped in fast between Rielly and Swayman across the far side stretching for a backhand goal on sammy. It barely went in.

Verhaghe just had a nice PP goal where battled to the net to do a crazy deflection high on Swayman.

How often do you see any Leafs doing that kind of effort to score in playoffs?
None of them are DAWGs, Nylander is at least close to playing to his contract (but even then...hes not even close to Mack/McDavid/Drai tier which is where his salary is around), but the rest of them are pretty damn awful, Matthews has 1 goal in his last 10 playoff games.

They just don't care, it doesn't eat them up enough to step up come playoff time. There's always excuses, deflections and next year.

From top to bottom it's a loser organization, Shanahan not being fired says everything, failure is ok, failure is the norm and no worries if you botch the most talented group in 60 years for nearly a decade, there's always next year.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Irrelevant when a teams best players aren’t good enough to actually win anything.
Extra irrelevant when they’re overpaid and leave less for the rest of the roster to help be competitive.
They are good enough to win with, and there should be more than enough for the rest of the roster, especially with the cap rising again, and getting cheap internal help again.
Start being competitive? Than why have we been paying them MAX dollars this whole time if we should expect them to just now start being competitive.
We've been competitive for a while now, because they were so good, and we got good management. The point is that there's no reason that the potential of this era should be drying up when the best players are in their mid-20s.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
They are good enough to win with, and there should be more than enough for the rest of the roster, especially with the cap rising again, and getting cheap internal help again.

We've been competitive for a while now, because they were so good, and we got good management. The point is that there's no reason that the potential of this era should be drying up when the best players are in their mid-20s.
No they’re not. Or they wouldn’t have had a press conference saying the time for patience was past.
That they were given every opportunity but the data suggests otherwise after an 8 year sample size.
Shanahan is even more pro core than you, even he admitted it wasn’t working and that everything was on the table.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

Lol no we haven’t. Getting eliminated in the first round every year is nowhere close to being “competitive”.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
None of them are DAWGs, Nylander is at least close to playing to his contract (but even then...hes not even close to Mack/McDavid/Drai tier which is where his salary is around), but the rest of them are pretty damn awful, Matthews has 1 goal in his last 10 playoff games.

They just don't care, it doesn't eat them up enough to step up come playoff time. There's always excuses, deflections and next year.

From top to bottom it's a loser organization, Shanahan not being fired says everything, failure is ok, failure is the norm and no worries if you botch the most talented group in 60 years for nearly a decade, there's always next year.
yikes

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I'm sorry but, I've never heard a guy missing the most important games of his career because of a headache or a cold. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but... When I was a kid, I played in a house league final with a partially separated shoulder and banged up knee and allI got was pizza after it was over, not $11 million. I'm hoping there was a legit reason for these guys but I don't see one and certainly didn't hear any explanation that makes sense in the presser.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Shanahan after realizing Pelley has his back:

I think if there’s a repeat of failure the prez will be axed, but you never know they’ll probably extend him before the results are in. And contrary to what the CEO said, it is about jersey sales…….

Reactions: BallardEra

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If Berube is our coach, would MM for Parayko and Binnington plus 1st rounder make sense?
Like would Parayko and Binnington want to play under Berube again?
Or maybe a MM for Pietra with Vegas.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I would still love to see a trade with St.Louis regarding Mitch.

To Toronto-
Parayko
Buchnevich

To Blues-
Marner
Liljegren

Then trade

To Toronto-
PLD 1.5 million retained

To Kings-
Kampf
Jarnkrok
Abruzzese

Resign Domi 4 yrs x 4 million
Sign Zadorov 5 yrs x 5 million
Sign Demelo 4 yrs x 4 million

Buchnevich-Matthews-Domi
Knies-PLD-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Grebyonkin
Dewar-Holmberg-Reaves

Rielly-Parayko
Zadorov-Demelo
Benoit-McCabe

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
I would still love to see a trade with St.Louis regarding Mitch.

To Toronto-
Parayko
Buchnevich

To Blues-
Marner
Liljegren

Then trade

To Toronto-
PLD 1.5 million retained

To Kings-
Kampf
Jarnkrok
Abruzzese

Resign Domi 4 yrs x 4 million
Sign Zadorov 5 yrs x 5 million
Sign Demelo 4 yrs x 4 million

Buchnevich-Matthews-Domi
Knies-PLD-Nylander
McMann-Tavares-Grebyonkin
Dewar-Holmberg-Reaves

Rielly-Parayko
Zadorov-Demelo
Benoit-McCabe

PLD? You cant be serious. Dude is done.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I'm sorry but, I've never heard a guy missing the most important games of his career because of a headache or a cold. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but... When I was a kid, I played in a house league final with a partially separated shoulder and banged up knee and allI got was pizza after it was over, not $11 million. I'm hoping there was a legit reason for these guys but I don't see one and certainly didn't hear any explanation that makes sense in the presser.

I bet you were really useful

Reactions: Kazparov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad