Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Its Kypper so may be take it with a grain of salt but ......

GNKmbxHWIAARbqF
Kyper has sources.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Tre maybe charming and all that, be he also doesn’t know what a negotiation is. How does he give Willy 11.7 million dollars and no trade protection to boot? How is he on par with Pasta? I like willy, it’s not a hate on for Willy post, I just think that was an atrocious contract and Tre is part of the problem now. He is not some genius savant here.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Biggest message so far is that the playoffs are a very different brand of hockey and our offensive talent hasn't been able to score goals.

Go to the dirty areas, type of goals in playoffs different vs regular season and alot of winning elements in the playoffs are not skill based.
Took 'em 10 years to figure that out?

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
So Shanahan now has decided to assess? That should be a constant process. Fire him, he's in over his head.

Reactions: BTO

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Tre maybe charming and all that, be he also doesn’t know what a negotiation is. How does he give Willy 11.7 million dollars and no trade protection to boot? How is he on par with Pasta? I like willy, it’s not a hate on for Willy post, I just think that was an atrocious contract and Tre is part of the problem now. He is not some genius savant here.
Klingberg Reaves deals too...woof.

Plus look what he did with Calgary. Not a fan.

Didn't he mention McMann?
Yes injured.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
i've said this so many times.
the only team I can think of in the last 20 years who actually stripped someone of their Captaincy was San Jose and they did it three times. Joe Thornton to Patty Marleau, to the other one. (sorry my memory isn't as good). the other Joe. and that caused drama. people wanna Strip Tavares of his captaincy - like that wouldn't be drama and then when i brought it up it's like well leadership needs to be people who produce. like.. okay?

and again I don't personally believe that Matthews is the best choice to be the captain regardless of his on ice production.
San Jose stripped Jumbo Joe and Marleau and gave it to Pelvelski
LA Kings stripped Brown gave it to Kopitar
Winnipeg Jets stripped Wheeler and gave it to Lowry
Dallas stripped Modano and gave it to Morrow
Eric Staal in Carolina
I believe Lecavaier lost it as well on Tampa.

44 Would be the captain of my choice, only one who isn't in LaLa land about whats wrong with the team and takes accountability. Our current captain thinks were real close... so theres that.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Shanahan is only throwing marner under the bus now because he’s now in the hot seat. He always had dubas and keefe to point the finger, now they are both gone, time to direct attention away lol

Reactions: Shanwhatplan

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
You know what... it's now time for us to sit back, and let Brad do his thing. Either they waive, and we make trades... or they don't... guessing what is going to happen, or not isn't very productive. None of us have talked to the players in person... It wouldn't shock me if Marner actually wanted out at this point.
Problem is will they let Brad do his thing? There are too many layers: MLSE ownership ("just win" - no shit sherlock. You need the ok from ownership for that?), Pelley (plus Pelley's son no doubt), Shanahan, then Brad, then the coach. And they're all in on the "analysis" - "we have a process", "we do an analysis". WTF is "we"? f***-off and let the GM be the GM and stay the f*** out of it. "We want to win". Please. You want the $$$$. I didn't hear "We want the Stanley Cup" or "the goal is the Stanley Cup". They do win - in the regular season. f*** "winning" - win The Cup!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Year # 9 in rebuild "everything is on the table".

Wear your Leafs jersey around town with pride LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad