Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

DcW

Feb 27, 2018

Yep..looks like they're staying.

Can only hope the reporters ask some tough questions and don’t let them off the hook.

The Shanaplan is a failure. If you leave him there, he’s running it back. I actually think he thinks they are close.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Can only hope the reporters ask some tough questions and don’t let them off the hook.

The Shanaplan is a failure. If you leave him there, he’s running it back. I actually think he thinks they are close.

Ask your boss or future boss hard hitting question. Lol this market is a complete basketcase.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The only way Shanny can even start to redeem himself is showing accountability in sticking with the failed core of this group and not seeking a change in direction sooner

Reactions: OddyOh

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
If Friedman is to be believed and the Board is tired of having a President of Hockey Operations and is promoting Shanny up and Treliving assumes the responsibility of GM and President, then this makes sense.

But my gut tells me that the fact that Shanny is back suggests to me they're probably running it back and Shanny is calling all the shots lol (i.e., lack of automony, core 4 stays, etc).

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If Shanahan is back he's the ultimate snake oil salesman. Chelios, as much of a clown he is himself, was right - Shanny is a total politician.

Think about his job.

10 years as a secret snake GM controlling a yes man that basically said that was the case before he got canned. Not saying Dubas made 0 decisions but certainly got overruled by the real commander at times.

Now he has a new puppet in BT. A new GM would have fired Keefe. Shanny for sure wanted this.

So you get to be a what? 15 year defacto GM with an assistant GM with a full GM title?

Peak stupid

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Yep..looks like they're staying.

I think Shanny gets 1 more year with his new GM. The conversation was probably "Brad wanted to evaluate and see what he has with his group, he has a vision and wants to bring in a coach to play his style, Keefe was Dubas' coach" Something along those lines. I want Shanny gone but I'm pretty sure that's the reason why he's staying.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
My guess: Keefe’s firing is announced tomorrow. The new coach hiring is announced Thursday. Shanny, Trev, and Pelley talk about it to the media Friday.

Gives them Wednesday to sort out the details.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Assuming there will be other reporters than the Sportsnet / TSN cronies

Even if not. If they get fired from their current gig they need to apply to them so. No hard questions.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
thanks @Tak7 and you better be here on friday

also, here's a live look at jesus after marner's god comment:

jebus.jpg

Reactions: AvroArrow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
He played exactly like what he is, a 3M dollar goalie. If someone told us before the series started, that it's going to game 7 and Boston will only score 1 goal in regulation, we take that all day.

He had a couple bad games early, but game 7 isn't on him.

Exactly.

He is who he is.

It's on the GM for thinking this was THE GUY to lead us to the promised land.

Reactions: AvroArrow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Auston Matthews EOY Interview
  • On medical situation - got really sick after game 2. Played game 3 not feeling good, but in game 4 took a weird hit and couldn't go any longer. Doesn't want to provide any other details. Killed him to watch. Proud of the way they fought back. Tried to give it his all in game 7.
  • Refused to give anymore details on illness or injury
  • On lack of offense in the series - tough to generate offense this time of year. Teams playing extremely tight, not a lot of space. Says that special teams hurt them.
  • After frustration at another short run - always disappointing. Always want more. Sucks to be talking here when other teams are still playing. Wants to continue looking inward and getting better.
  • On the heat Mitch takes - in Auston's time here, there's always a scapegoat and a narrative. Always something. They love Mitchy. Great teammate and friend. We are all human beings. You take on a lot as players, and rightfully so. But when you see guys going through stuff like that, it's hard, you just try and support.
  • On expectations of changes moving forward - doesn't know. Not a question he can answer.
  • On the Coyotes leaving Utah (WTF WASTE OF A QUESTION) - Touched on it when it happened. Sad. Disappointing. Understands the NHL's viewpoint on it. They iwll be bringing back a team at some point.
  • On individual award nominations - it's always nice to be considered, but it's never fullfilling. Not what he's after. Wants to be the best teammate, leader on the team that he can be. Everyone here is after one goal. All the other stuff is nice, but not something that he's chasing or after or that makes him feel good. It's about winning. Frustrating.

WHY???????

He HAS to give details.

What the heck is this crap?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
My guess: Keefe’s firing is announced tomorrow. The new coach hiring is announced Thursday. Shanny, Trev, and Pelley talk about it to the media Friday.

Gives them Wednesday to sort out the details.
Damn, new coach that quick ? I think they may announce his firing then, would seem very quick to hire the new guy no ?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think it's more the board wanting to have more control over the on ice product. Instead of the old days they realize they can't make personnel decisions themselves, but need someone from their world running the show.

I don’t know if I want a Rogers and Bell board having more on ice input to be honest. You’re just choosing between bad options at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad