Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wonder if they announce Keefe gone at it. Feels like it.

I think it happens before Friday. And then Friday they'll talk about it, changes, accountability, etc etc etc.

And then Berube probably by the draft, likely waiting to see if Brind'Amour or something else shakes out.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Buds17

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I think it happens before Friday. And then Friday they'll talk about it, changes, accountability, etc etc etc.

And then Berube probably by the draft, likely waiting to see if Brind'Amour or something else shakes out.
I'll guess Friday announcement. Gotta hold a presser firing the coach, can't have it stewing with no comment for like 48h's or something.

Reactions: SprDaVE

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Shanahan has one year left on his deal so it's not shocking if he doesn't get the boot.

My guess is Pelley will take this year to evaluate and decide whether they want to re-sign him. In the meantime, seek out potential replacements. The alternative is to fire him now and be on the hook for his last year's pay but his replacement's salary as well.

Reactions: thinkblue

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The Toronto Maple Leafs announce season-ending media availability will involve Keith Pelley, Brendan Shanahan and Brad Treliving — Friday morning.

Keefe will be announced Friday morning before the availability. Barring any surprises, it looks like Shanahan keeps his job, which is both disappointing and unfortunate. A decade into the Shanaplan, with what seems like some degree of interference from him, and it suggests there is a strong possibility of running it back. Let's hope not, change is needed, and really it's needed starting with Shanahan.

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
So Shanny stays because Pelley needs a year to evaluate. Keefe stayed last off-season because Tre was new and needed time evaluate.... LOL, just a never ending revolving door of clowns.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
*sigh* Shanny should be long gone and I never wanted Treliving to begin with. These are not the people I want dealing with Marner.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
CJ reporting on OverDrive that exec meeting will be Friday morning now with Pelley, Shanny and Tre holding court.
Why do I have a sinking feeling that we are going to be disappointed with the results of that meeting?

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
You don't bring in a new CEO to keep the status quo.

All this tells us is that it's a high probability that the decision has been made that Keefe is gone. It's the right time to dump the coach. There's no need to can Shanahan at the EOY presser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad