Post-Game Talk: Local mod in shambles, more at 11 (STAY OFF THE MAIN BOARDS - See OP)

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
They need to find a way to create and sustain more pressure. It’s a great win but expecting Igor to be God for 2 more games is not a good recipe for success.

Kreider has been a non-factor because the team can sustain any pressure and get pucks to the net. Florida does a good job of getting in front of those point shots so perhaps try moving it high and then a quick pass behind that high pressure for quick shots from a rotating forward. Get beyond that first line of blocking

Ned Braden

Feb 2, 2018
You can't win if your best players aren't your best players. Igor Shesterkin is owed every steak, lobster, stone crab, and gold toilet in South Florida right now.
Igor didn't steal that game. Attempted shots are a dumb stat and...you know...not actually saves. He had about an .810 save percentage in that game. He definitely played well and did his part...but he didn't steal the game.

The Rangers played well in the first period. Being tied after one was pretty good considering the refs were only allowed to call penalties on the Rangers for that 20 minutes and Miller forgot how to do icing.

The Rangers were the clear better team in the second period and had a two goal lead that the absolutely deserved. After two periods the Rangers were the better team and we were all happy fans.

In the third, the Rangers sat on the lead and got caved. They shouldn't do that again. The Panthers were rewarded with the about two goals they should have gotten to tie the game. But the Rangers didn't fold like Carolina did when they gave up the lead in the clincher. They killed off a late penalty on a shit call after a shit luck stick break by Trouba. They took the right timeout, and made it to overtime. Then they regrouped and did their Rangers OT thing and won.

Mcdonnough and Suban closed the broadcast felating Igor not because they like Igor, but because it's their backhanded way of saying the Rangers aren't that good and didn't deserve the win. It's even getting to Valliquette who was saying some nonsense about 5 v 5 in the postgame, even though Florida was the power play "merchants" through the first two thirds of that game, and the Rangers don't have a PP goal in the series.

Don't let it seep into this board. The Rangers won the president's cup because they were the best team in the regular season. They are winning the ECF because they've been the best team in this series. Everything else is just jealous narrative. We deserve good things.

Nyr88nyg

Oct 31, 2016
I feel bad for Lindgren. It was his shot from the point that Wennberg deflected for the GWG. Both Sean McDonough on ABC and Don La Greca on Rangers radio called him "Gustafsson". During the replay Ray Ferraro doubled down on it and called Lindy, "Gustafsson" too. Only Sportsnet in Canada got the call correct.

Woof!
Lindgren had a gorgeous feed to Kreider in game 6 that gets looked over, too

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
*The Presidents Trophy winner is also winning games in the playoffs."

Rangers Haters: How is this possible?! :mad:

I mean, the Rangers didn't exactly squeak in as an 8th seed.

The ESPN coverage really is over the top. The NYR have had plenty of stretches where they played extremely well including 5 on 5. This series has been tougher but until today very even. NYR bad stretches are harped on relentlessly while their good stretches are glossed over.

I try not to get hung up on what the talking heads are saying because it ultimately doesn’t matter but it does reach a point where it impacts the experience.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
They need to find a way to create and sustain more pressure. It’s a great win but expecting Igor to be God for 2 more games is not a good recipe for success.

Kreider has been a non-factor because the team can sustain any pressure and get pucks to the net. Florida does a good job of getting in front of those point shots so perhaps try moving it high and then a quick pass behind that high pressure for quick shots from a rotating forward. Get beyond that first line of blocking
Nah. I like it the current way. It's working. 6 more OT wins, please. I like it like this.

Reactions: Greg02

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Dont care we got outshout or dominated in the 3rd. We had to battle f***ing corrupt refs and a team of f***ing divers and still won. f*** getting lucky. You earn luck by not giving up and this team dont know how to give up.

To quote a famous New Yorker:
6437a8a8-6c21-49e1-8992-d6690e44330f_text.gif

Last edited:

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I believe the Panthers are exerting a lot of energy in their style of play.
Perhaps it will start to catch up to them shortly. All the physical play and hustling to the puck like that, has to wear on them
Rangers are the kings of rope a dope too, when I was at game 3 in Carolina all the fans were calling it at both intermissions - "the rangers always let us get wore out and then score late"

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
*The Presidents Trophy winner is also winning games in the playoffs."

Rangers Haters: How is this possible?! :mad:

I mean, the Rangers didn't exactly squeak in as an 8th seed.
Seriously. I'm ready for the Montreal circa '21 comparisons if we make the final.. even though we won the President's trophy.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad