OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
A bunch of people got mad at it which I thought was quite amusing.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
A bunch of people got mad at it which I thought was quite amusing.
When I see stuff / parts I don’t like in a 4 hour event aimed at all kinds of audiences I just do something else. It’s always funny what gets people to go on a rant on social media for.

What I did like was the production quality of most segments - despite the rain it was executed perfectly and they created impressive imagery all over the city and its iconic monuments. I just appreciate the creativity and logistical efforts behind it all.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Gojira. Olympics opening ceremony. Everyone losing their heads. Literally and figuratively.

Deadpool 3 last night. Best weekend in 3 years!

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm so glad to have happened upon watching Raygun live.

The first performance, I figured maybe there were nerves. It's the biggest audience pretty much anyone could perform in front of. Give her a little bit of a break and she can perform in the next matchup.

This is her second performance. (The IOC are very aggressive in taking down clips)

Probably going to be a popular Halloween costume this year.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
NBC got big ratings for these Summer Olympics. It should foretell what we'll see with Italy 2026.

What's nice about something like Gold Zone (and I've been watching some iteration of it since 2016), is that it gets away from the reality show aspects of Olympics coverage that gets extremely boring. I haven't seen a single segment or sit down interview on an American athlete's personal story.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Horizon update. Horizon update.

Horizon: An American Saga has hit a worldwide box office of $31 million against an announced $50 million dollar production budget (whose numbers aren't always accurate). That number doesn't account for things like marketing, or the revenue theaters make, so a studio is hoping more for at least 2 or 2.5 times their production budget. A movie like Twisters is in that range right now.

On the-numbers.com, Horizon has only made about $2 million over the last month. It absolutely stalled out.

I missed this when it happened, but the original plan was for Horizon Part 2 to come out August 16th.

Part 2 is basically ready to go, and production was underway for Part 3. All the money spent on that is pretty much already gone.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

$3 for Kingdom Come is a good deal. That's what I've been playing recently. There's a lot of hype about authenticity, but the scope was kept reasonable. There is a hunger meter, but it's not a big deal, and there's free food pretty much everywhere. You also don't need to worry about water or your horse. It's not a babysitting simulator, fortunately.

You start off as a doofus that can't do much well, but it doesn't really hurt the pacing.

I could see Elder Scrolls fans (especially Oblivion fans) liking it. Probably Morrowind, too, but I never played that one. It plays like an Elder Scrolls game (without the fantasy elements).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad