Live 2024 Draft in Vegas - thread for Sharks Fans attending

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DCFog81

Jul 7, 2024
Sorry, it took me a while. It was really nice meeting everyone last week. I thought the Draft was a great experience to be at. I thought the visuals at the Sphere were great, but I was a bit disappointed it didn't seem they used the full sound system that I heard so much about. So, I don't think we got the full experience.
Really happy about the Sharks picks, glad they could get Chernishov to start the 2nd. Really enjoyed watching the prospect scrimmage. on Thursday. Felt like 90 mins well spent. Very much looking forward even to just Rookie Faceoff and preseason.
If anyone has plans to go to the preseason game at T-Mobile, let me know. I'm going to keep an eye out when tickets go on sale. Also, if people want to get together at a bar or restaurant to catch opening night on Oct 10, I'll see if I can make it out. I think that'd be awesome. Go Sharks!

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Sorry, it took me a while. It was really nice meeting everyone last week. I thought the Draft was a great experience to be at. I thought the visuals at the Sphere were great, but I was a bit disappointed it didn't seem they used the full sound system that I heard so much about. So, I don't think we got the full experience.
Really happy about the Sharks picks, glad they could get Chernishov to start the 2nd. Really enjoyed watching the prospect scrimmage. on Thursday. Felt like 90 mins well spent. Very much looking forward even to just Rookie Faceoff and preseason.
If anyone has plans to go to the preseason game at T-Mobile, let me know. I'm going to keep an eye out when tickets go on sale. Also, if people want to get together at a bar or restaurant to catch opening night on Oct 10, I'll see if I can make it out. I think that'd be awesome. Go Sharks!
I’m moving from Las Vegas to Dallas at the end of the month and I’m planning to attend the October 15 game in Dallas. Super excited to see all the rookies in action!

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I thought the Draft was a great experience to be at. I thought the visuals at the Sphere were great, but I was a bit disappointed it didn't seem they used the full sound system that I heard so much about. So, I don't think we got the full experience.
Yeah, I thought it was an awesome experience but not one I'd rush to repeat, because I thought the whole facility was under-used. I was expecting them to show entire-sphere-screen NHL highlights or player highlights from the player who just got picked... basically anything to do a lot more with the screen than they did, let alone the sound which you mentioned.

My wife and I were stoked on the Chicago waiting screen (it looked like a stylized version of Chicago's skyline), but it quickly became apparent that it was the same cityscape for every single team, and the only unique thing was a team-led marketing video during picks, some of which were amazing (MTL) and some which were pretty lame (SJ, unfortunately).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad