Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Morning bud.

Have an early day. Heading to med ctr. 8:00 appointment at nuclear medicine 4 hours of tests. Got something going on in my throat. Then followup with Surgeon next Wednesday.

Always something.

Who knows, maybe the radioactive shit theyre shooting me up with will turn me into Spiderman or the Hulk.
Best of luck brother!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
By one measure Korpisalo was the second worst goalie in the NHL last year.

Okay, so let's say Goalie Bob can "fix him" and make him into a good goaltender again.

Uh, if he can do that why trade for a guy at 3 million per for 4 years when you could seemingly sign anyone for league minimum and one year? If Goalie Bob is a miracle worker why trade for Korpisalo?
this x one million. I mean I thought that was the plan with the sub mil wunderkind Bussi.

Reactions: EverettMike

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
As bad of a deal as it is, had to take Korpi to get a 1st. and to make Ullmark's last year fit their cap, is my guess.

All the bitching isn't going to undo the deal. Let's see what happens next. I want them to sign Guentzel.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Morning bud.

Have an early day. Heading to med ctr. 8:00 appointment at nuclear medicine 4 hours of tests. Got something going on in my throat. Then followup with Surgeon next Wednesday.

Always something.

Who knows, maybe the radioactive shit theyre shooting me up with will turn me into Spiderman or the Hulk.
All the best my friend. Keep me posted.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
As bad of a deal as it is, had to take Korpi to get a 1st. and to make Ullmark's last year fit their cap, is my guess.

All the bitching isn't going to undo the deal. Let's see what happens next. I want them to sign Guentzel.
Swayman has to be first on Sweeney's mind to get that deal over with. (I'd imagine?)

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Sweeney created the issue with NTC.
Linus is doing what any family man would do that puts his family first above all.
Waiting to see what is the best situation for them.
Most mid to high end player require some sort of NTC or NMC to get them to sing. Especially is they are moving to a new team with that contract.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hulk mode engaged.

IMG_0415.jpeg

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
You proposed 25, Ostapchuk and forsberg and people scoffed at it. The end result was worse
Yeah @DKH and I figured that would be bare minimum without extension. We never thought Korpi would be involved.

Linus is doing what any family man would do that puts his family first above all.
Linus to me is getting some bad advice.

Good morning Susan ♥️

Today I am spreading love on HF
kindness is free brother. We all have plenty to spare and all could use alot of it!

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
It’s not active sabotage, I just think Donnie being the “smartest” man in the room is finally gonna start really catching up to him. What’s crazy is the fans who act like it’s beyond reproach to ever have an issue with the guy or the crowd that acts like every move he makes is a master class of planning.
Just because I don’t think that Donny is trying to ruin this team doesn’t mean I like this trade. I just don’t think the people in the room were trying to either lose assets or not get them on purpose. I’m of the belief that the market dried up hard and fast and Sweeney did his best. Now whether you think he should have held the asset is your opinion and I can’t argue that. I just can’t accept the thought process that the dude who works for Boston is actively trying to do a bad job it’s a childish take at best.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
NTC was limited and he would have been asked to waive for a contender so he could start. These guys have more free time than 99% of working parents putting it on his family that he wanted another 2 months in Boston so he can hug the starter vs try to win a Cup and defend his Vezina is odd. I mean maybe he should just refuse to play in road games and do home only so he can spend more time with his family?

If he likes Ottawa after he checks it out I assume he extends before the puck is dropped opening night and gets a huge contract? Sure he has the right to go to free agency but if the deal is there now and its big and long why pass it up? Again now that everything is final this is a move that is very bad for Boston he was able to handcuff us and make sure we were saddled with a bad contract on his way out.

He basically pulled a LeBron here and used all his leverage to make sure the team trading for him wasn't weakened at all. He has a right and all that but as Bruins fans IDK why it should be applauded by us every decision these guys make is family driven to some extent. We got creamed here. Peake trade and Korpisalo is like extending Gryzlyk and Forbort.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Been there done that. I had esophageal cancer in 2006, caught very early. Still had radical surgery at the BIMC. I had CT scans with contrast for 3 years, twice a year until they gave me the ALL CLEAR. Hope you're not claustrophobic!:naughty:

I believe Peeke > Gryz or Forbort at this point in their careers. He looked fine against TOR until he got hurt

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

Korpisalo is viewed as a pretty negative value contract. The 25th pick in a draft where picks 20 to mid 50s or so are seen as about equal value should be the compensation for taking Korpisalo’s bad contract. Probably not even a sufficient sweetener to take on that contract.

So then it is ullmark for the 4th line guy. That’s why people have a problem with this trade and why all media articles I have read have so effusively declared this a big win for the Sens.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Been there done that. I had esophageal cancer in 2006, caught very early. Still had radical surgery at the BIMC. I had CT scans with contrast for 3 years, twice a year until they gave me the ALL CLEAR. Hope you're not claustrophobic!:naughty:

I believe Peeke > Gryz or Forbort at this point in their careers. He looked fine against TOR until he got hurt
Just finished round one. Part 2 at 10:30.
Not looking forward to being in that thing for 25minutes.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
NTC was limited and he would have been asked to waive for a contender so he could start. These guys have more free time than 99% of working parents putting it on his family that he wanted another 2 months in Boston so he can hug the starter vs try to win a Cup and defend his Vezina is odd. I mean maybe he should just refuse to play in road games and do home only so he can spend more time with his family?

If he likes Ottawa after he checks it out I assume he extends before the puck is dropped opening night and gets a huge contract? Sure he has the right to go to free agency but if the deal is there now and its big and long why pass it up? Again now that everything is final this is a move that is very bad for Boston he was able to handcuff us and make sure we were saddled with a bad contract on his way out.

He basically pulled a LeBron here and used all his leverage to make sure the team trading for him wasn't weakened at all. He has a right and all that but as Bruins fans IDK why it should be applauded by us every decision these guys make is family driven to some extent. We got creamed here. Peake trade and Korpisalo is like extending Gryzlyk and Forbort.

Oh poor us.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
this x one million. I mean I thought that was the plan with the sub mil wunderkind Bussi.

Goalie Bob is a miracle worker, unless it's with Bussi I guess?

FWIW, Fluto is reporting that the Bruins feel that Essensa can "fix" Korpisalo.

They don't plan on buying him out or trading him.

Fix him to what? It's not like he was a Vezina finalist five years ago. His best season is "decent."

Smarter than everyone else always and forever.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Yes the trade sucks, but it's the equivalent of pulling off a bandaid. Trading him at last deadline would have hurt the team going into the PO's. Ullmark was the better G after the break. (we still don't know if Sway can handle 50+ games and the PO's)
Trading in the upcoming deadline w/o an extension, would yield a that much of a difference, and upset the chemistry.

The time was now and we got what we got from the only team he would go to.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Goalie Bob is a miracle worker, unless it's with Bussi I guess?

Fix him to what? It's not like he was a Vezina finalist five years ago. His best season is "decent."

Smarter than everyone else always and forever.
Bussi = NHL games experience "0". Faster league, better shooters. He already plays the style/system they want.
Their plan was to always get Sway an experienced backup that could play if he failed to be a heavy load #1.

Not a good deal, but there wasn't one to be had. They wanted the Ullmark issue resolved before the start of camp.

If Korpi is decent for 25-30 games(Halak made similar money with career of ups and downs), then he is worth the contract. If he's sucks we bury him in the AHL or buy him out next year.

When he was younger he beat TOR in the POs and played well against the TBL in one of their Cup years. My point is his ceiling is higher than being given credit for.

If we did nothing, then we would have bigger problems next offseason.

It sucks but all the bitching won't undo the trade.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yes the trade sucks, but it's the equivalent of pulling off a bandaid. Trading him at last deadline would have hurt the team going into the PO's. Ullmark was the better G after the break. (we still don't know if Sway can handle 50+ games and the PO's)
Trading in the upcoming deadline w/o an extension, would yield a that much of a difference, and upset the chemistry.

The time was now and we got what we got from the only team he would go to.
So there wasn’t one team on his trade list that wanted him and July 1 he would have updated his list ,or did the Bruins really wanted it done before the draft .

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad