Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
How is Kastelic a guarantee to play in the playoffs. He has had quite a few healthy scratches for ottawa in the regular season the past few years. Certainly worth questioning if he will be able to maintain a spot, especially in the playoffs with the Bruins.
Oh I see your point but for me he is a Bruin type player. I think he is exactly what we need

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Kastelic is a guarantee

not at all but the negativity is always going on. If we don’t win the cup we suck. You think Sweeney had better options. No way. We traded a goalie with no playoff success and on a expiring contract. No matter what Sweeney does he gets brutalized. He was awesome last summer and kept the Bruins dream alive. Give the guy credit. I will take a good reg season and beating the Leafs as a pretty good year.

Some but you ever see a goalie with a top stats playing on a bottom team?
This is the same loser who had 3 picks in a row and passed on 3 All Stars mid first round.

The guy couldn't let Forbort and Gryzlyk deals expire without adding on 2 worse contracts in Peeke and Korpisalo both buyout candidates with no value. What good trades has he made? Sure he did well lucking into McAvoy a decade ago how many other good draft picks do we have? You hit on a few of them regardless when you have 60 every decade. You probably liked him adding Bruins hate figures at the deadline right? I absolutely loathe Orlov/Hathaway/Maroon and was disgusted this GM would add those losers to 2 teams that were Cup contenders what is next Matt Cooke as assistant coach?

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yes I’ve seen great goaltending cover up a lot of flaws for a team over the course of the season.

I mean Jesús you could argue Ullmark and Swayman propelled a Bruins team that should have been fighting for a wildcard spot into pres trophy contention
Well apart from the Jesus side I asked about stats. Bottom teams don’t have goalies with top end stats. I understand why people don’t like the trade but most over shot the return we were going to get. Some people make it sound like we Traded Swayman. Also first round picks at this time of the year are very expensive to get

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Honestly now the dust has settled its clear he screwed us and would have added Ottawa to his NTL on July 1 and blocked any deal. F him what a coward refusing a trade to a contender at the deadline as a reigning Vezina winner so he could sit on the bench and hug the starter.

He blocked trades to Colorado and LAK that is ridiculous I hope he is booed and I hope he gets lit up like a Christmas tree and gets nothing next year as a UFA.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
A lot of that is on Ullmark and not Sweeney. I'm 100% sure if he'd have been willing to go to LA (before they got Kuemper) we'd have gotten more and if he would have been willing to sign an extension we'd have gotten more. What did you really expect Ottawa to give up for a guy who could walk in a year?
Sweeney signed Ullmark. Sweeney put himself in the situation that he was in.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Living here in Ottawa I have not listened or watched any local sports since the trade as I know that Sens fans are besides themselves with joy over the fleecing that their rookie GM Staios gave Sweeney. It has completely energized their fan base while demoralizing ours. This reminds me of when the Sens unloaded Matt Murray to TO, that was a low point for Leafs GM Dubas, this is Sweeney's version of the Matt Murray debacle.

Ottawa fans have had very little to get genuinely excited about for a long time so I think it that situation you very much take and make the most of whatever wins you get.

Also noticed a few on their board who were very glad Kastelic was gone. Perhaps they were just disgruntled, maybe they've underestimated him, and reality is few 4th liners are really missed. But again very much a player they don't mind giving up.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
They could only top this if they take a goalie with the 25th pick.
they hit a home run with the last goalie they took in that range!!

subban.jpg

• Haha

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
A lot of that is on Ullmark and not Sweeney. I'm 100% sure if he'd have been willing to go to LA (before they got Kuemper) we'd have gotten more and if he would have been willing to sign an extension we'd have gotten more. What did you really expect Ottawa to give up for a guy who could walk in a year?
Well the pick was probably more for taking Kapisalo off there hands so Bruins basically got a fourth line player ,yeah I,expected more

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Why would we want to do another division rival a favor? Let Buffalobuy out Skinner if you really want him and pay him the league minimum to supplement his buyout money. This way you don’t pay anything up front.

I was joking because of the Ullmark trade - should've added a /s

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Oh I see your point but for me he is a Bruin type player. I think he is exactly what we need
Geekie came in and had his best year ever. JVR, who Flyers fans couldn't wait to get rid of, had a solid year. Heinen resurrected his career. Boquist resurrected his career. Players come to Boston and get better. It will be the same for Kastelic and Korpisalo.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Honestly now the dust has settled its clear he screwed us and would have added Ottawa to his NTL on July 1 and blocked any deal. F him what a coward refusing a trade to a contender at the deadline as a reigning Vezina winner so he could sit on the bench and hug the starter.

He blocked trades to Colorado and LAK that is ridiculous I hope he is booed and I hope he gets lit up like a Christmas tree and gets nothing next year as a UFA.
I don’t dislike Ullmark, he is a great goalie and teammate. I’m not gonna lie and say I think he is a good competitor though. When he was a Bruin i kept my opinion on this a bit more friendly but a goalie that isn’t itching to start on a contending team coming off a Vez is not someone that would ever get you to a cup. When a guy in his prime chooses comfort over a chance to win (he had the contract clauses and right to make this choice, no issue with him making his own decisions in life of course.) it makes me feel we are better off without him. This feeling was made significantly less however by replacing him with the literal worse starting goalie in the league for longer term and more total money but still I think Ullmark isnt a true gamer and wasn’t going to assist in bringing a cup to Boston ever as a starter or making starter money.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I think I see the problem now, I’ve been under the impression the Boston Bruins were still an NHL team competing in a league with other teams for a cup but it’s becoming quite clear it’s just a ego stroking project for Don Sweeney, Neely and apparently a pro goalie school for Goalie Bob to rebuild questionable tendies.
...the amount of fans who think the people running the organization they love are actively trying to sabotage the team is literally actually crazy.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Linus came to Boston with a 50-47 record. Basically he was a backup.
Korpisalo comes with a 115-107 playing on crappy teams, Columbus, LA and Ottawa.

I'm totally fine with this trade.

Bottomline, make Swayman the #1 playing 50+ games.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240625-235414-358.png
    Screenshot_20240625-235414-358.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Linus came to Boston with a 50-47 record. Basically he was a backup.
Korpisalo comes with a 115-107 playing on crappy teams, Columbus, LA and Ottawa.

I'm totally fine with this trade.

Bottomline, make Swayman the #1. Playing 50+ games.
Bingo. Let's give korpi a chance many here want him outta here before he hits the ice. Let's see what we have here.

Reactions: nORRis8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad