Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Maybe what convinced Ullmark to waive his no trade was Alfie telling him to give Ottawa a chance. Don't worry about extending right away. Just come be the #1 and see how it goes.

Reactions: SensFactor

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
a word of caution. Temper your expectations.

Alex Debrincat wrote a piece in the players' Tribune in 2022. He thanked Chicago and praised Ottawa. And then defended it, and made it sound like he found home.

We know how it turned out.

Just wait and see. Let's hope 4th time is a charm.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Alex Debrincat wrote a piece in the players' Tribune in 2022. He thanked Chicago and praised Ottawa. And then defended it, and made it sound like he found home.

At least this time the deal makes sense even if he isn't signed long term, since we were able to move Korpisalo, but the DeBrincat situation always had a bit of a stench to it.

And in hindsight, we're better off without that 8x8.5 contract or whatever Dorion was gonna give him if he wanted to stay.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

That’s true, but goalies and skaters are different. A skater can afford to wait out his contract a lot more than a goalie can. His agent knows there’s big risk for his value playing behind a non-playoff team.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
i think no matter what happens a team will give him at least 4.5-5 mill. which is not bad.

if he has a bad season they will say of course he would on a team like Ottawa.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
But he truly found his game here in Boston with teacher goalie bob who is a legend in Boston and team having one of the best defensive systems in the league.

Hes resume is worth more then markstrom which means he returns more especially if he was signed. This was a decent price for a rental.
As long as things don’t go sideways this year I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t re sign here. He and his family will love it here in Ottawa and want to stay. That’s a guarantee.
(Again, as long as things don’t go horribly. Which I don’t see happening)

Reactions: DJB

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

He is re signing here. Take it to the bank.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
As long as things don’t go sideways this year I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t re sign here. He and his family will love it here in Ottawa and want to stay. That’s a guarantee.
(Again, as long as things don’t go horribly. Which I don’t see happening)
I hope so for you guys hes a great teammate and professional . If it's a rental we didnt too bad with this deal. Finally looking forward to the draft.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg

We didn't get fleeced, bro. Linus is gonna get shelled bro, he's never going to re-sign. Kastelic hits like a truck bro. Korpisalo is a solid vet with amazing backup numbers bro, it's a actually a great deal for what he brings. Sure it's four more years but he's gonna turn it around bro.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
The Goalie Whisperer in Me Is Waking Up...
🏒
🥅

Okay, Sens fans, I'm not usually one to gush over introductory press conferences. They're typically a snoozefest of recycled clichés and carefully crafted PR speak. But Linus Ullmark's intro today? Let's just say it woke up the dormant goalie whisperer inside me.

This dude was an absolute breath of fresh air. No robotic answers, no tired tropes – just a genuine, down-to-earth guy excited to be in Ottawa. He talked about his family, his love for the game, and his desire to win. It was refreshing to see a player so comfortable and engaging with the media. He's a type of guy you let him stay at your house and you have them over for barbecues. I know being a nice guy doesn't count but this guy genuinely feels like the type of Veteran goalie we need to lead this team.

And the dry humor! Who knew goalies could be so funny? Ullmark cracked a few jokes that had the whole room laughing. Maybe it's all those years in Buffalo that sharpened his wit – gotta find a way to cope with all those losses, right?

Now, I'm not gonna get ahead of myself. We've been burned by veteran goalies before (Matt Murray, anyone?), and goaltending can be a fickle beast. Heck I think half of us are in counseling because of the damage that the goaltending has done to us as since fans we are shell shocked and traumatized and don't trust anything that's got goalie pads on. But Ullmark's stats in Buffalo were pretty darn impressive, considering the defensive struggles they had. And his attitude – the way he talked about facing challenges head-on and his determination to win – that's the kind of mentality we desperately need in this organization.

So, yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic. But I can't help but feel a spark of excitement. This one just feels way different for me. I did not come out and put my name on the line for any of the other goalies but Maybe, just maybe, we've finally found the goalie who can steal some games for us and lead us back to the playoffs (and beyond!). I think this guy's going to end up being the one for a while. We've been scoring so much I think this guy just gives us half decent goaltending and he will be a king to us. That's all we need stop 50% of the uucks will do the rest.....lol

Fingers crossed, Sens fans.
🤞
What did you guys think of Ullmark's presser? Did he win you over, or are you still reserving judgment? I know you're all going to be safe and Reserve judgment till we see the wins but you guys saw how this guy played in Boston, no more excuses now it's on the guys in front of him. I'm done blaming the goalies now. This is a fresh start with a great goalie.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
And if ullmark gets shelled in Ottawa because of that tire fire D and leaves after a year while korpi puts some decent numbers as a back up with kastelic popping 10 goals and hitting like a truck on the 4th line with Donny getting a solid prospect in the first round then the Bruins fleeced the sens. Let's see how this plays out.

Even if Ullmark plays one season, and heads to the UFA market, getting the Korpisalo contract off the books still is a win for the Sens…… be honest, most people thought that contract was untradable…. But all it took was a 25% retention, Kastelic (replaceable) and the first rounder acquired in a trade….. don’t see how this is even close to “even Steven” for the Bruins…

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Still worth it to get rid of Korpisalo.

If we traded a top 10 pick like Dorion has done twice for rentals, then it would be horrible.

Who gives a f*** about the 25th pick, it's more likely to be a bust anyway.

Actually Duchene could fit that category too... It took Turris, Bowers and a pick that became 4th OA in 2019 for a guy who played 118 games for Ottawa and was then traded for a 19th OA pick (we drafted Lassi Thomson with it)

Add the Tyler Boucher pick which was absolutely ******** now matter how you slice it and the incoming 1st round pick we'll have to forfeit in the Dadonov fiasco

And people wonder why the rebuild is taking time, it's basically 4 botched top-12 picks (4th OA in 2019, 10th OA in 2021, 7th OA in 2022, 12th OA in 2023) and another 1st in 2025 or 2026

I think now that he Dorion is gone, people realize more how much DAMAGE he has done. And to think of all the heat I took for being on his back lol

Reactions: LiseL and h2

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
What did you guys think of Ullmark's presser? Did he win you over, or are you still reserving judgment?
I went from optimistic to dangerously optimistic. The previous goalies we acquired all seemed to have question marks attached and I was at most cautiously optimistic before they eventually proved to be average or worse.

I'm thinking Ullmark is the goalie to take us to the promised land.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad