Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Ok thanks for confirming. Ya not getting my hopes up for an extension this summer then. Hope he likes it here and its a good fit for both sides, we'll find out end of season I guess.

Watch the press conference. He says he has other immediate priorities (which he does) but at no point did he shut anything down.

After watching it I feel much better about the situation, frankly.

Reactions: DrEasy

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I still think there is a good chance.

Based on recent history there is a chance that his numbers dip in Ottawa, it can’t be ignored. Cashing in on an extension now has got to be worth considering seriously, not a lot of upside to holding out, definite downside.

I wonder how Staios views this. Maybe there will be reluctance on our side to commit to a big extension early (personally I hope not, but we haven’t seen Staois hand out a big or long contract yet)
Basically this. Betting on yourself as a skater and betting on yourself as a goalie for a payday are two very different things. Does it even happen a lot with goalies?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
There was only a few that thought Pinto would need to be in the trade. A bunch like Pinto, so do we so I can't blame them. It was ok reading, I didn't post because that would be rude to go into somebody elses house and start a fight.
A signed ullmark we would have got chychrun who I was hoping for.

Bro as long as he gets us into the playoffs then we are gravy. Everything after is a bonus.
Team structure is 80 percent of a team chance to get into playoffs. Your asking a lot from linus to stop everything .

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
A signed ullmark we would have got chychrun who I was hoping for.
Markstrome went for a top 10 protected, a 3rd pair D.... with 30% retained. If Linus wanted bank you could have done a sign and trade, he could talk to other teams. Think it might be about family. Cheers.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
And if ullmark gets shelled in Ottawa because of that tire fire D and leaves after a year while korpi puts some decent numbers as a back up with kastelic popping 10 goals and hitting like a truck on the 4th line with Donny getting a solid prospect in the first round then the Bruins fleeced the sens. Let's see how this plays out.

Ullmark posted good numbers behind a tire fire Sabres team for years before he went to Boston.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Ullmark posted good numbers behind a tire fire Sabres team for years before he went to Boston.
But he truly found his game here in Boston with teacher goalie bob who is a legend in Boston and team having one of the best defensive systems in the league.

SO first he was going to get shelled, now he's Vezina. Which is it?
Hes resume is worth more then markstrom which means he returns more especially if he was signed. This was a decent price for a rental.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
But he truly found his game here in Boston with teacher goalie bob who is a legend in Boston and team having one of the best defensive systems in the league.

Hes resume is worth more then markstrom which means he returns more especially if he was signed. This was a decent price for a rental.
But you said he flounders.... Did you get a good deal because he sucks and is only a product of the Boston system, did we get ripped off because he's Vezina and going to sign else where.....or did we pay below market price for a Vezina with a great chance that he signs?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Was that even close to being true this year?

Also, it's a good thing he can take that coach's teachings with him.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
But you said he flounders.... Did you get a good deal because he sucks and is only a product of the Boston system, did we get ripped off because he's Vezina and going to sign else where.....or did we pay below market price for a Vezina with a great chance that he signs?
His playoff numbers are brutal. Many of us in bruins nation wanted sway to start especially this year. It was the right decision. Hope he works out for you guys and signs long term.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
And if ullmark gets shelled in Ottawa because of that tire fire D and leaves after a year while korpi puts some decent numbers as a back up with kastelic popping 10 goals and hitting like a truck on the 4th line with Donny getting a solid prospect in the first round then the Bruins fleeced the sens. Let's see how this plays out.

And if my aunt had a package she'd be my uncle.

The Senators clearly won by getting the best goalie available while ditching a goalie who they couldn't feel confident bringing back next season. The Bruins had no leverage and Staios took advantage of it, just like Yzerman did to Dorion last year.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Many of you sens fans have ullmark playing like in vezina form with that horrible team structure you guys have in Ottawa too. Let this play out before we declare a winner. Trades take time to declare the clear winner . Heck bruins draft another pasta with the late round pick. Anything can happen.
I agree anything can happen. If anything the trade is a fair one. Both teams got better considering swaymans position and korpi vs Ullmark playoff performances

Reactions: The don godfather

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Team structure is 80 percent of a team chance to get into playoffs. Your asking a lot from linus to stop everything .
Well obviously. All we ask is for respectable goaltending which I think we will get given his career numbers in Boston AND Buffalo where the latter isn't known for their defence.

I don't know what the purpose of you coming on here other than to possibly mitigate the raw penetration that Staios has instilled on Sweeney in this trade.

If Ulmark walks so be it. The Korpisalo contract was an abomination that we didn't think we'd ever get out of without major retention or giving up a premier asset without getting one back.

Reactions: Loach

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You guys taking Korpisalo is more than enough for this to be a win for the Sens, regardless.

Korp can turn into a star and Ullmark can walk, you guys still did us a huge favour taking Korp from us. Guy had extreme negative value, regardless of how he looks backing up in Boston.

Reactions: The don godfather

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
If he decides to not extend with the Sens, it's not the same challenge that faced Boston as I think we'd only trade him if we were missing the playoffs and only a team in the playoffs would be interested at the trade deadline. He'd be a UFA at the end of the season, maybe that list wouldn't be as long if he wants to play in the playoffs. But I really think he will sign here, great city to raise a family, great management group, some really good players and he'd be the starter. From what has been reported, he doesn't want to be a backup or a tandem who doesn't play in the playoffs. No danger of that happening here lol.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There's no argument right now that holds water that Korpisalo is a positive contributor on paper if you're being honest about it. You sound like Senators management propping up his surgeries to justify handing him $20 mil after an outlier season. He has to go out and prove he can be that and until then he's a pure cap dump from the Senators perspective. Korpisalo was not good in Ottawa just like the majority of his career before his outlier season in LA that got him the contract. Blanket statements about the defense justifying his poor play just shows you weren't watching Ottawa Senators games last year.

For him to be a positive contributor at his term and salary, he has to buck his career trends of being below average statistically, just like if Ullmark were to collapse, he'd be bucking career trends of being consistently good statistically.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
His playoff numbers are brutal. Many of us in bruins nation wanted sway to start especially this year. It was the right decision. Hope he works out for you guys and signs long term.
You should really be celebrating with your bros in Boston vs being over hear trying to troll us.
Take your big win and gtfo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad