Linus Ullmark takes shot at Leafs / Samsonov: I was surprised that they kept [Ilya] Samsonov in for that many games against us

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I consider it a shot at the coaching staff that is why I put that. Woll was healthy the entire series, just struggled to get back into game shape after his injury for a month after. But he got better and better as the season went on but it felt like the coaches wanted to play not to lose and went with the vet over the rookie.

Woll should have seen the net for game 4. Most Leaf fans were screaming it
I thought Woll wasn't 100%. If he was, then yeah.... a very puzzling decision. Woll looked really good and brought Toronto back into the series.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I took this exact shot a while ago.

I was roasting Keefe for doing this. Samsonov shouldn't have even started game 1 of the playoffs, but he should have been gone after game 1 and probably after game 3 at the absolute latest.

If Woll started the series then maybe it still goes the same way, with him getting hurt earlier in the series and Samsonov stinking up the joint in the last part of the series, rather than the first (and game 7 where he gave up a weak ass first goal) part of it.

But yeah, I don't at all understand why Samsonov was getting so much rope. The guy was on waivers earlier in the year. I kept saying that they may regret that no one took him. Guy sucks as an NHL goalie. Has one good year in his career, and that's it. Looks more like an up year to me.

His 19-20 was fine, but he barely played and had to sit on the bench more often than not for Holtby's cremains, who they only let walk in free agency (Which was the right move of course) that summer anyway. 22-23 is his only particularly good season where he actually played a significant number of games.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Has one good year in his career
And after that good year the Leafs management decided to ruin his confidence in arbitration hearing. If you thought he was going to have an equal or better season after that you're either insane or plain stupid.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
His way of saying don't trade me to Toronto
Seems more like a shot at New Jersey, since the guy making the decisions is now in charge of the Devils.

I'd think it makes him more popular with the Leafs unless the players just loved Samsonov to death

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And after that good year the Leafs management decided to ruin his confidence in arbitration hearing. If you thought he was going to have an equal or better season after that you're either insane or plain stupid.
I absolutely did not.

And since he wasn’t, what do you think the Leafs should have done? Gave him more money/potentially years to not perform well?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He's not wrong. I kind of like the candid nature of the comments. Players don't often give us this style of interview.

He's not wrong. I kind of like the candid nature of the comments. Players don't often give us this style of interview.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Not wrong

Goodluck, Devils
Yeah the Devils will do worse with Markstrom. I'm sure Keefe will favor Allen over him..:sarcasm:

Devils already have a better defense then the Leafs.

Keefe must be thanking God that the Leafs fired him and will be able to coach a real team.

• Haha
Reactions: Leafidelity

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Not wrong, but weird timing, and Swayman was better than him in the playoffs by a massive margin, so not the time I’d personally be running my mouth… but not wrong.

Also I think Sammy had a better SV% than him this postseason?

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
This current iteration of the Bruins(except Marchand and Pasta) haven't exactly accomplished much to be talking shit like that

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What was the shot at Samsonov?
What was the shot at the Leafs?
I agree, taking a shot would be I am surprised the Leafs didn’t decide to start a Zamboni driver which I believe is undefeated in NHL history mind you aka David Ayers over Samsonov. That would be a shot. Maybe you are right this time. No shot was intended here.

Reactions: HabsQC

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
This is exactly why all interviews with players are filled with clichés and contain nothing interesting. Whenever a player says what he really thinks, people get upset about it.

Reactions: HabsQC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad