Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Crazy concept but I actually enjoy watching the Sens, even when they lose.

Losing is not the problem. I don't expect them to go 82-0 or even get 60 wins. The losing culture is the problem. Not improving and taking a step backwards rather moving forward is the problem

Every issue that this team had last year was on full display last night against the Canadiens. Do you at least agree on this point?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
1st GA : nothing to do
2nd GA : could have stopped it but it was an elite shot, I don't think people were blaming Monty on Stu's goal. You can't cover all the 7-holes at the same time, and sometimes elite shooters can beat you.
3rd GA : not sure what he's doing with the Habs player's stick on the side of the net but he was a bit out of position. Another shooter walking in the slot uncontested though. It would have required a great save

4th GA : He makes the stop on Suzuki's breakaway but then is clearing bothered by his body. There was a call on the play against Ottawa so the refs wouldn't have called the goal back

Relax about Ullmark, he's good. He won't be among the problems. The guys in front of him have to be way more engaged and organized though.

Yeah, true fans are still there even during bad times but we must admit that we can't wait to start winning a bit more again. Imagine the poor Sabres fans, they have endured this for 6 more seasons.

The 2nd and 3rd goal was still bad goals. First road game and he sh1ts the bed. All I am saying is just imagine if those goals were given by Korpi or Anton. Both would've been eaten alive by now

Reactions: gab6511

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Losing is not the problem. I don't expect them to go 82-0 or even get 60 wins. The losing culture is the problem. Not improving and taking a step backwards rather moving forward is the problem

Every issue that this team had last year was on full display last night against the Canadiens. Do you at least agree on this point?
I can take some positives from the game like the goaltending and defensive structure (before the third goal) that weren't there last year. I agree they reverted to previous habits after the third goal. It just bothers me that the same one dimensional posters come out only when the team doesn't play well. Is this some sort of therapeutic outlet for you all? It's just annoying.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I can take some positives from the game like the goaltending and defensive structure (before the third goal) that weren't there last year. I agree they reverted to previous habits after the third goal. It just bothers me that the same one dimensional posters come out only when the team doesn't play well. Is this some sort of therapeutic outlet for you all? It's just annoying.

I don't think that is the correct what to put it. Firstly we have to acknowledge every poster has a different personality with various age groups. Everyone who takes out time to come posts here only posts what they truly feel like and deem worth posting which is mostly if not solely driven by the teams performances and more so their results. A lot of posters attitude will change once the Teams attitude will change that will also reflect on the results.

As far as your one dimensional comment goes and that we only come out when the team doesn't play good, then this is what I have to say to that. The team has been playing bad hockey for past 2 years on a consistent bases. Just because they win some games (usually meaningless ones while being eliminated from the playoff) doesn't change the fact that they are objectively still one of the worst hockey team in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: StoicSensFan

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Ulmark missed practice and now Sogaard called up on an emergency basis.

1728907710316.gif

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
He can be placed on IR retroactively. That clears him to play as early as Saturday (if the first day on IR counts as day 1). I am unsure how they count it.

Assuming they count it so that he can play Saturday against Tampa, it's possible that the injury is minor and they were going to play Forsberg for one of these games anyways. So the end result is Ullmark missing only one game that he wouldn't, but he gets extra "maintenance" days.

If he is not on IR, it is possible that he could still play, but they want to rest him rather than make him dress to set on the bench. I am unsure if the emergency basis of the call up would require him being on IR, or if they simply need to justify that he tweaked something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad