Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Senators real history (that I’m connected to anyways) really is the players that are here are happy and don’t want or leave (when we have a good team)

seems like the Sens are getting back to that.

Reactions: LiseL

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

He named the only three goalies we have ever had.

Senators real history (that I’m connected to anyways) really is the players that are here are happy and don’t want or leave (when we have a good team)

seems like the Sens are getting back to that.

Bryan Murray unsuccessfully tried to sign Craig Anderson as a free agent.

He later acquired him in a trade. Anderson was a pending UFA, and the Senators were out of the playoffs. Murray felt that if he just got Anderson here, he would like it and be convinced to stay. He was right.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

He later acquired him in a trade. Anderson was a pending UFA, and the Senators were out of the playoffs. Murray felt that if he just got Anderson here, he would like it and be convinced to stay. He was right.

Ottawa rehabbed Dany Heatley’s image, Chara found his game here, Spezza was a league superstar who played his best here, Hossa would have signed longer then 3 years if we had real ownership.

Sens aren’t a destination but it is a place that the players can really create a year round culture that goes city wide and infects the entire Ottawa area and that has to be cool as a hockey player. Not many markets your work ethic and dedication to winning is appreciated by every person you see - that doesn’t happen in NY or Boston or Philly or any of the southern markets.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

Didn’t know re: Craig Anderson

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
And he has great taste in watches!!!! Rolex no doubt!

Attachments

• IMG_5083.jpeg
    IMG_5083.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: yzerman

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
This guy handles himself like a leader. super impressed with how he represents the Senators already.

Hopefully his on ice play is as impressive and we have our franchise rock for the next decade.
I heard/read his quotes the other day talking about what SENS as a team need to do to win, mostly about winning attitude, compete level. Best thing about it was it was not all about him or his play. He sounds to me like he will be a strong dressing room leader. Dude is 31, has been around, is not a rookie, so his opinion will be valued by a young group. I really like what I’ve heard about his personal side too, him looking for a great place to raise a young family, a strong community for his family. Sounds like all the right recipe ingredients for a great meal to me. Time will tell, I suppose, starting with how interested he is in signing a contract, but it is looking and sounding very promissing so far. I wish him all the very best this season. As a Swede at least he will not be shocked or displeased by the weather. Maybe he will fall in love with the Rideau Canal, if it actually manages to freeze over this year!

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ottawa rehabbed Dany Heatley’s image, Chara found his game here, Spezza was a league superstar who played his best here, Hossa would have signed longer then 3 years if we had real ownership.

Sens aren’t a destination but it is a place that the players can really create a year round culture that goes city wide and infects the entire Ottawa area and that has to be cool as a hockey player. Not many markets your work ethic and dedication to winning is appreciated by every person you see - that doesn’t happen in NY or Boston or Philly or any of the southern markets.

One thing I think Ottawa has, that other Canadian markets don't, is that we're a quietly passionate fanbase. Fans here are passionate and knowledgeable, and recognize players...but we're not over the top zealous going after guys and their families away from the rink. Players and their families can breathe here, and not have to deal with the crazy that some other markets have 24/7. It's a nice balance.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
One thing I think Ottawa has, that other Canadian markets don't, is that we're a quietly passionate fanbase. Fans here are passionate and knowledgeable, and recognize players...but we're not over the top zealous going after guys and their families away from the rink. Players and their families can breathe here, and not have to deal with the crazy that some other markets have 24/7. It's a nice balance.
I saw Brian McGrattan here in Calgary one time at a Village Ice Cream and told him I am an Ottawa Senators fan. He said, "I'm going back to play an alumni game soon." I think he was surprised I knew it was him. He seemed like a decent person. But yeah, we definitely know and recognize our players.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I saw Brian McGrattan here in Calgary one time at a Village Ice Cream and told him I am an Ottawa Senators fan. He said, "I'm going back to play an alumni game soon." I think he was surprised I knew it was him. He seemed like a decent person. But yeah, we definitely know and recognize our players.

I saw Mark Borowiecki once.

I tell everybody about it all the time.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
100% agree.

Our media bases (despite being smaller), our media bases are more level-headed than our Canadian counterparts (except maybe Winnipeg?). Even at our peak popularity/success, I don't think we ever reached the Habs or Leafs levels of crazy in terms of fans being annoying to players or just acting up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad