Proposal: Linholm For A Package of Goods

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I haven't seen him play so you'll know his game better than I but there's not way he holds the value required to pull this off.

All of the pieces listed are okay at best.

In the NHL 1+1+1+1+1 does not always = 5

I've seen this type of requests show up for Trouba and they are just murder every time.

You can't win with one player, you need a team! I take the 1s any day! :)

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You've been complaining in all the Trouba threads about "why is Trouba the only one being discussed when XXX, XXX, and XXX are RFAs and still in need of a contract". It's pretty apparent this is a revenge thread or a thread created in frustration. The offer being made breaks the board rules in that it is an "Outlandish Proposal".

Awful value.

I rarely go in and have never commented in one of those trouba threads, they are the scurvy of the boards!

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
What is the consensus amongst Ducks fans when it comes to the Lindholm situation? Can the Ducks provide his contract demands (assuming there is one) or are they waiting for something else before signing him? OP makes it sound like Lindholm is now on the black because the Ducks can't afford him.
The bad thing about being a small-market team is not a lot of news comes out about these contract things. Lindholm's primary comparables are in the 5-6 range, and he came out in a Swedish article that was posted somewhere on HF about a week ago citing the Ducks as not offering him enough. Now, I don't know if that means BM is being an idiot and offering him 4 million a year, or if Lindholm is being an idiot and demanding 8.

As for the trade, hell to the no. None of those pieces are attractive at all to us outside of maybe Morrissey and the second, and we're giving up our future #1 here. Absolutely no way in hell we take this.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Everybody knows the writing is on the wall between Lindholm and the Ducks. Lindholm wants a boatload - nay, a huge package of money and security. Unfortunately, the ducks have an internal cap and cannot afford his services anymore. But rejoice Ducks fans, the future is not as grim as it may seem! For Kevin Cheveldayoff has the power and drive to offer you this fair package of goods, a package of goods your gm would be a fool not to accept.

Winnipeg's package of goods:

Drew Stafford
Alexander Burmistrov
Brent Kitchon
Josh Morrissey
2nd round pick

You get 2 surefire top 4 rookie d-men to replace Hampus, a solid 3rd line center, a 20 goal scoring top 6 winger, and a high draft pick! What do you think my pals - comment below!

Go to the Trouba posting and see how the Jets fans view packages of lessor players for him . Now you have you answer . Plus Lindholm is better

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Absolutely yes I would.

giphy.gif

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Everybody knows the writing is on the wall between Lindholm and the Ducks. Lindholm wants a boatload - nay, a huge package of money and security. Unfortunately, the ducks have an internal cap and cannot afford his services anymore. But rejoice Ducks fans, the future is not as grim as it may seem! For Kevin Cheveldayoff has the power and drive to offer you this fair package of goods, a package of goods your gm would be a fool not to accept.

Drew Stafford
Alexander Burmistrov
Brent Kitchon
Josh Morrissey
2nd round pick

You get 2 surefire top 4 rookie d-men to replace Hampus, a solid 3rd line center, a 20 goal scoring top 6 winger, and a high draft pick! What do you think my pals - comment below!

One other thing if the Ducks will take lessor pieces I would beat that offer .

Klefbom + Puljujarvi + ?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Drew Stafford
Alexander Burmistrov
Brent Kitchon
Josh Morrissey
2nd round pick

Your whole post is miles off of reality. The Ducks will find a way to pay this guy cause you don't trade young defenseman who have his type of upside. If something crazy happens and they are forced to move him every team in the league could beat the package of meh your offering.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
One other thing if the Ducks will take lessor pieces I would beat that offer .

Klefbom + Puljujarvi + ?

No plus that's more than enough. Tbh I'm not sure the oilers would make that trade.

Maybe klefbom straight up cuz he's signed for 4 mill and a bit long term vs not knowing what lindholm wants but I assume it's closer to 6. But Klef plus puljujarvi no. Maybe klefbom plus yakupov.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
How about you contribute to the discussion insead of bashing my proposal, I spent an hour thinking about the value and needs of both teams.

If you really spent an hour that's very sad. Your proposal looks like you spent :20 on it. If you were serious you would start with Connor and add to him cause offering a bunch of lesser pieces is pure junk. Even starting there the Ducks would most likely reject your idea.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Patric Hornquist had 51 points last season. Which means 5 would have 255 points, 170 more than Crosby. You just got moneyballed!
I don't believe that's how it works. :laugh:

So, you'd rather take 12 Ryan Garbutts as a forward core (12*14 points=168 points) over one Sidney Crosby?

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't believe that's how it works. :laugh:

So, you'd rather take 12 Ryan Garbutts as a forward core (12*14 points=168 points) over one Sidney Crosby?

Of course. In the scenario Crosby wouldnt even get any assists since he'd have no one to pass to!

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
No plus that's more than enough. Tbh I'm not sure the oilers would make that trade.

Maybe klefbom straight up cuz he's signed for 4 mill and a bit long term vs not knowing what lindholm wants but I assume it's closer to 6. But Klef plus puljujarvi no. Maybe klefbom plus yakupov.

klef straight up lmao :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad