Line Combos: Lines you expect to see vs what you want to see

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Arm chair GMs already piping up early this year. Kasper and Bergrren should be playing ? Kasper will get opportunities this season but nothing Bergrren has done says he belongs here full time let alone taking Tank or Kanes spot. Wipe the crumbs off ur stained t shirts.

eh, I want to see Tank moved because LW doesn't seem to be a position he's entirely comfortable with.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Yzerman has to be making moves soon im guessing .

We can't go into 24-25 with kasper mazur danielson and possibly lombardi making the team and getting full nhl season experience at the same time.

Would be another disaster of a season awaiting us. Kasper and mazur have to get a big chunk of games this year

Reactions: Ulysses31

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

We can't go into 24-25 with kasper mazur danielson and possibly lombardi making the team and getting full nhl season experience at the same time.

Would be another disaster of a season awaiting us. Kasper and mazur have to get a big chunk of games this year
Can you guys point to a single time all of this “Yzerman has something up his sleeve” talk turned into an actual significant move?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Can you guys point to a single time all of this “Yzerman has something up his sleeve” talk turned into an actual significant move?

DBC? I didn't comment much on the rumor thread, because Stevie doesn't leak trades, but there's more than one team involved in a trade....

I don't expect a significant trade though. Fischer, Motte, Watson, Kane, Maatta, Petry and Husso are on expiring contracts, and Holl probably gets bought out. That's 7 potential roster spots for rookies with most of the spots on 4th line or bottom pair. It's not ideal to have a lot of rookies in the same season, but they can be sheltered if needed.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
If he doesn't do anything would it make sense to insert kasper danielson mazur in the lineup at the same time with no full nhl season under them ? Would be a disaster of a season for the team

Than add to that possibly 1 or 2 of nygaard and Lombardi??? I hear what your saying but bodies gotta go ... did we draft all these guys to just trade them for more copp's??

Yzerman gave out these contracts but sooner rather than later guys like veleno copp berggren and im sure some will hate this one but Rasmussen(hes headed towards being a 4th liner with a high cap hit) will have to go

Wont happen but can even throw in compher if it were easier to move than copp at this point before next starts

24-25 possibly if guys start making the team ...

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper nygaard
Rasmussen danielson lombardi
Mazur copp/veleno Fischer

Thrash gotta go

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Because that line was deployed to shut down and/or frustrate opposing top lines. And while they may not have been perfect at it, they showed well for a lot of the season. Berggren has no ability to shut down the opposition, unless he, like, cuts the power at the rink or something.

View attachment 913151
Berggren could create offense, keep puck away from opponent. Veleno Berggren Motte could have some magic, while no one is expecting this.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
If he doesn't do anything would it make sense to insert kasper danielson mazur in the lineup at the same time with no full nhl season under them ? Would be a disaster of a season for the team

Than add to that possibly 1 or 2 of nygaard and Lombardi??? I hear what your saying but bodies gotta go ... did we draft all these guys to just trade them for more copp's??

Yzerman gave out these contracts but sooner rather than later guys like veleno copp berggren and im sure some will hate this one but Rasmussen(hes headed towards being a 4th liner with a high cap hit) will have to go

Wont happen but can even throw in compher if it were easier to move than copp at this point before next starts

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper nygaard

Thrash gotta go
I agree that those guys will eventually have to go. I disagree that Yzerman has some godly master plan he’s unfolding. He will keep burying the kids as he has done for years in favor of dog shit veterans like Copp.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Debrincat larkin raymond
Tarasenko kasper nygaard

Thrash gotta go
Fischer is on an expiring contract, Lombardi isn't gonna make the team, and neither will MBN.
Just put Mazur/Kasper/Burger or Danielson on the 4th line, and shelter them if necessary.

At some point, Stevie is gonna have to play his draft picks instead of picking up league min warm bodies.

I agree that those guys will eventually have to go. I disagree that Yzerman has some godly master plan he’s unfolding. He will keep burying the kids as he has done for years in favor of dog shit veterans like Copp.
About time others started hating on Copp, lol.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
He's played 82 NHL games and has only 23 hits. 3 of those came in his debut, so 20 hits over 81 games.

Copp only threw 33 hits last season, if you combine Copp and Burger, you have the softest 3rd line in the league ever. Raz would have to throw 2 hits per game to make up for it.
Softness isn't measured in hits. It is measured in how can take hits and how fast you get up after being hit.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

A couple of them will start in AHL next season too. Lombardi and MBN are the likeliest candidates there.
If Kasper+Mazur get decent NHL experience this season that's a solid starting point next year.

Either way I agree they need games but let's not assume everyone will develop the way we hope and come into camp a year from now looking NHL ready.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I think a move will happen (idk when) to get Kasper on the team making a better overall third line. Maybe an injury early paves the way for Kasper but if it gets mid-December and Kaspers playing well in the AHL I think Yzermans going to make room for him.

*Trade Berggren for something*

Rasmussen-Larkin-Raymond
DeBrincat-Compher-Kane
*Kasper-Veleno-Tarasenko
Fischer-Copp-Motte

Watson

Chariot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Gustavsson-Matta

Johansson

Husso
Talbot
Lyon

Last edited:

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Hes got no choice at this point lol ... mazur will be turning 23 soon, danielson kasper are top 10 picks who should be ready now or next year as well

Nygaard had the potential to be ready next season. Then we have other guys like lombardi buchelnikov who possibly might be ready within 2 years

Guys gotta go ... I'm not even a fan of Fowler let's say but at this point might as well deal a soderblom + veleno + maata for fowler and a late pick and move down a guy and call up kasper.

I dont know what but something's gotta be done. Pretty soon guys wont want us to draft them since we make them wait forever to come up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad