Line Combos: Lines you expect to see vs what you want to see

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
The big changes here is obviously dropping Tarasenko from the 2nd line. He and Kane cannot be on the same line.

Effort aside, because I do believe they both try, but neither can honestly play defense to save their life and both just lack any real pace/speed with any consistency and it just creates far too much of a liability. PP? Sure, but they just don't mess very well stylistically and Kane ends up trying to slow pace of play to make a slick pass, Tarasenko ends up waiting around and hoping, and there is little to now help to Compher/Kasper in puck retrieval, pressure, passing, etc.

I wouldn't have thought of adding in Copp in place of Tarasenko, but overall the line made a difference and the pieces defintely worked better. I'm not sure what we do with Tarasenko going forward, but keeping him off of the line with Kane (other than the PP) is a priority as they just weren't working as a 2nd line.

The other major bit here is to get AlJo up full time. He continues to defer and places Right, despite his natural position is Left. I still hope that AlJo can move to pair with Seider before the end of the season, Ed and Holl man the second, and let the rest duke it out for bottom pair for 15min less or situational.

I hope by the end of the year we see:

Debrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Compher - Kasper - Kane
Rasmussen - Copp - Berggren/Tarasenko
Fischer - Veleno - Motte

Johansson - Seider
Edvinsson - Holl
Chiarot - Petry
Mattaa

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
End of the season
Cat Larkin Raymond
Copp Compher Kane
Berggren Kasper Mazur
Motte Fischer Veleno
Ed- Seider
Chiarot Petry
AJo Holl
Trade Maatta, Rasmussen, Tarasenko and trade one of the goaltender, probably Lyon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad