Line Combinations

nsoilfan

Jul 11, 2004
here it goes........

Hall RNH Eberle
this is a good first line on any team.

Perron Arco Percell
some grit from perron, some size and finish from percell and arco is the next best option at center.

Pouliot Draisaitl Yak
This could be an interesting line yak can score as a one shot shooter and pouliot and Draisaitl can cycle the puck until he gets open.

Hendricks Gordon Lander/Pitlick/Joensuu/Gazdic
the defensive minded line or a crash and bang line. they have the bodies for both. Gazdic starts on IR and one of the remaining three will be sent down to start the year if there are not other injuries.

Marincin - Petry
They were our best pair last year

Nikitin - Fayne
New guys seem to be a match

Ference - Schultz
vet defensive minded D and young offensive minded D

Aulie
7 th D man

Nurse will be sent down to play JR this is the plan, that why we signed three d this off season..... unless of course he take a spot from someone or there are injuries.
Klefbom to start in the A

Scrivens
Starter

Fasth
Back up

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
So management embarked on a plan to go with a shutdown line and three scoring lines when this off season started. Without signing a proven #2 centre is this still possible? Doubtful as all centres are unproven in that role other than RNH ( who hasn't been able to stay healthy for 80 games yet). Do we have a legit shutdown line. Doubtful unless the 3rd guy with Hendricks and Gordon is either Perron or Pouliot. Who is able to replace them in the top nine. Many suggest Drai and Yak on the same line. Doubtful that Yak can recover his game with an 18 yr old rookie centre. They will each need two vets to shepherd them to success in the top nine. Hall RNH. Yak.
Perron. Arco. Eberle
Pouliot Drai. Purcell
Hendricks. Gordon. Pitlick

Paper thin and one injury away from 2 lines of scoring, a checking line and a bang line of Gadzic Hendricks and Pinnzotto

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
home games (last change)

Hall - RNH - Purcell
Pouliot - Arco - Eberle
Perron - Drai - Yak
Hendrix - Gordon - joensuu

Away games

Hall - RNH - yak
Pouliot - Arco - Eberle
Perron - Drai - purcell
Hendrix - Gordon - joensuu

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Hall RNH Eberle
Perron Gordon Yakupov
Pouliot Arcobello Purcell
Joensuu Hendricks Gazdic

Nikitin Schultz
Ferrence Fayne
Marincin Petry
Aulie

Fasth
Scrivens

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Arcobello-Perron
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Purcell
Hendricks-Gordon-Gazdic
Jonesuu

Marincin Petry
Nikitin Schultz
Ference Fayne
Aulie

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Petry were traded or if Niktin failed to play up to snuff. I hope I'm wrong about Nikitin, and I would love for Petry to have a break out year that forces us to pay him. As it stands, I'm fine with Aulie and/or Klefbom playing

I also wouldn't mind Gordon playing on the third line center position in case of inury to one of our other centers. We have a fallback checking center in Hendricks. He's great at faceoffs too.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Hall - RNH - Purcell

I'd like to give this line a shot and see how they perform. No doubt Eberle/Yakupov are the better talents compared to Purcell, but I think Purcell can do a better job of puck possession along the boards and help create some space for Hall and Nuge. This line would play the bulk of the minutes and take on tough competition.

Pouliot - Arcobello - Eberle

Good combination of skill and grit. Pouliot will do a nice job of getting in on the forecheck and creating space for Arco and Eberle. Will take on fairly tough competition.

Perron - Draistal - Yakupov

Sheltered minutes, with Perron providing the veteran presence as well as some agitation for the opposition. Draistal and little Yak's playing style should complement each other nicely.

Hendricks - Gordon - Pitlick

Energy/checking line. This line will take on some tough assignments and be out for critical faceoffs. Not a tonne of offense here, but they should be able to chip in occassionallly.

Extras/Press Box:

Gazdic, Joensuu

Fayne - Schultz

Fayne has proven that he's very effective playing with puck moving D-men. I think these 2 will complement each other very well. Schultz will play big ES minutes, and PP time, with no PK time. Fayne will play big ES minutes and PK time.

Marincin - Petry

Have proven chemistry and worked well together last year. Provide a good balance of 2-way play and offensive ability. Both players will see some PK and PP time.

Ference - Nikitin

Shutdown pairing. Likely won't get many points, but should compliment each other to shutdown the opposition. Ference will get a lot of PK time, and Nikitin will get both PK and PP time.

Extras/Press Box:

Aulie

Oct 30, 2011
Hall - RNH - Purcell

I'd like to give this line a shot and see how they perform. No doubt Eberle/Yakupov are the better talents compared to Purcell, but I think Purcell can do a better job of puck possession along the boards and help create some space for Hall and Nuge. This line would play the bulk of the minutes and take on tough competition.

Pouliot - Arcobello - Eberle

Good combination of skill and grit. Pouliot will do a nice job of getting in on the forecheck and creating space for Arco and Eberle. Will take on fairly tough competition.

Perron - Draistal - Yakupov

Sheltered minutes, with Perron providing the veteran presence as well as some agitation for the opposition. Draistal and little Yak's playing style should complement each other nicely.

Hendricks - Gordon - Pitlick

Energy/checking line. This line will take on some tough assignments and be out for critical faceoffs. Not a tonne of offense here, but they should be able to chip in occassionallly.

Extras/Press Box:

Gazdic, Joensuu

Fayne - Schultz

Fayne has proven that he's very effective playing with puck moving D-men. I think these 2 will complement each other very well. Schultz will play big ES minutes, and PP time, with no PK time. Fayne will play big ES minutes and PK time.

Marincin - Petry

Have proven chemistry and worked well together last year. Provide a good balance of 2-way play and offensive ability. Both players will see some PK and PP time.

Ference - Nikitin

Shutdown pairing. Likely won't get many points, but should compliment each other to shutdown the opposition. Ference will get a lot of PK time, and Nikitin will get both PK and PP time.

Extras/Press Box:

Aulie

I think Eberle and Purcell will be switched, along with Perron and Pouliot.

Perron-Arco-Purcell

Pouliot-Drai-Yak

I do love the idea of a Hendricks-Gordon-Pitlick line. There's some decent speed on the wings there, along with hitting.

As for Fayne+JS? I'm not so sure. Why pair two right-handed d-men together? I mean, I guess it works if you treat JS like a fourth forward, and have Fayne cheating defence. In general though, I think having two same-handed shots on the point(or in the d-zone) is detrimental.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It won't take long for Purcell and especially pouliot to mover up the line up if they struggle.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The more I think about it the more I think something like this makes sense.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-Arcobello-Yakupov
Perron-Gordon-Purcell (Similar to the Perron-Gordon-Hemsky line that had sucess last year.)
Gazdic-Lander-Hendricks

Nikitin-Schultz
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Fayne
Aulie

Oct 30, 2011
The more I think about it the more I think something like this makes sense.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-Arcobello-Yakupov
Perron-Gordon-Purcell (Similar to the Perron-Gordon-Hemsky line that had sucess last year.)
Gazdic-Lander-Hendricks

Nikitin-Schultz
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Fayne
Aulie

I could easily see this. I could also see us carrying Nurse as an eighth defender to start the year(playing every second game kinda thing).

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I bet most of the lineups posted will happen because its an 82 game season and i guarantee we will lose games causing shakeups.

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Draisaitl-Eberle
Pouliot-Gordon-Purcell
Lander-Hendricks-Pitlick

Nikitin-Schultz
Marincin-Petry
Ference-Fayne
Aulie

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
I bet most of the lineups posted will happen because its an 82 game season and i guarantee we will lose games causing shakeups.

very true. leaves me with a couple questions.

1. Will Perron and Yakupov ever develop any chemistry?

2. Will we have a #1 dman emerge out of dividing icetime between #2,3,4 dmen.

3. Can Justin Schultz put together a consistent offensively reliable season.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I don't understand the deal about Marincin. I have saw him play at the last world championships in Minsk, he looked horrible against France, even more against canada and sweden. Klefbom>Marincin

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Also, to those who don't have Draisaitl in their lineups, he will play.

Exactly. I watched this kid play alot last year, and I go as far as to say he well hit 40-50 points. Could be ahead of myself but he was like a man among boys, not just every now and then but every game. If this kid gets some quicker feet under him, it well be scary.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Drai-Purcell
Pouliot-Gordon-Yak
Arco-Hendricks-Pitlick

i'd hope eventually Yak takes that second line spot from Purcell and then have a third line that can do some damage.

regardless, this year looks like another "check out after a month. see ya next year" roster.

i can't stomach the plates of feces theyre serving up anymore and this isnt enough.

Captain Pilsner

Sep 1, 2005
What about winger pairings with rotating centers? It would help manage the issue down the middle.

For example, top 3 pairs:
Hall - Eberle
Perron - Purcell
Pouliot - Yakupov

The three centers in order on paper would be Nuge, Draisatl, Arcobello. But this not only allows for their shuffling (while keeping some chemistry intact) but actually builds on the strength of two killer face-off men on the 4th line; Gordon and Hendricks.

edit: plus I think those wingers all (should) jive really well

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-Arcobello-Purcell
Perron-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Gazdic/Lander-Gordon-Hendricks
Gazdic/Lander, Pinnozzotto

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
The closer we get to the start of the season the more I think that the OP's lines make the most sense.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
What about winger pairings with rotating centers? It would help manage the issue down the middle.

For example, top 3 pairs:
Hall - Eberle
Perron - Purcell
Pouliot - Yakupov

The three centers in order on paper would be Nuge, Draisatl, Arcobello. But this not only allows for their shuffling (while keeping some chemistry intact) but actually builds on the strength of two killer face-off men on the 4th line; Gordon and Hendricks.

edit: plus I think those wingers all (should) jive really well

Well it doesn't sound that crazy since the Jets are talking about having 4 center/wing pairings and then have floating wingers for all lines.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Pouliot-Gordon-Purcell really seems like a solid veteran unit with a solid mix of offence/defense/size. That line could potentially be one of the better all-around lines the Oilers have had in years. Of course things always look the most optimistic before they even step on the ice. :)

That should probably be the second line... whether or not it's called that officially. It's probably best to use that line versus the tougher comp after Hall-RNH-Eberle come off.

Perron-Draisaitl-Yakupov if together is obviously going to need some sheltering because of the 2 youngsters. Perron being the vet on that line can help somewhat... but he's hotheaded and takes some bad penalties as well... so really that line is going to have the most "issues" among the top 9.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-Gordon-Purcell
Perron-Draisaitl-Yakupov
Joensuu-Arcobello-Hendricks
Gazdic-Lander

That's probably how I'd balance it out.

Arcobello and Gordon can swap depending on the situation... since Arcobello is decent offensively and at faceoffs and is at least average defensively he can be a decent fill in on lines 2-4.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00