Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff and Kevyn Adams will be answering YOUR questions at Blue & Gold Insights on June 12!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Even in Buffalo, pre-2017, he would be getting blasted every day, and Adams would be on the hot seat.
Adams gets softballs wherever he goes. If a question gets anywhere near critical, he gets really porky and short. There was a fluff Q&A in TBN yesterday with Adams. I hear him on WGR and they don't challenge him at all (actually Schopp kind of did and Adams' response was they can't go 82-0, you can hear Schopp breathe in, chuckle, and you can tell he wanted to lay into him for the strawman, but he bit his tongue).
Its the same thing with the Bills, although not as irritating because their results are largely great. If anyone asks Mcdermott a tough question, you can tell he gets really irritated and short, and it seems like the "asker" is going to get in trouble with his/her employer for that.

The media painted a picture that Lindy Ruff is some conquering legend here, come back. We pretty much unanimously ran him out of town, and it took a period of 5 years to do it. The media was 100% on board too.

And I agree on the Leafs. Their existence is similar to the Sabres' in the 80s and early 90s. Had some terrific teams, some top-4 teams in the NHL. The problem was, we had Boston and Montreal in a brutal Adams division and Buffalo just couldnt top either of them in the first round for awhile. Those seasons were fun though, and I would take that existence any day of the week over the irrelevancy we have now.
Agreed something changed. I thought a certain newspaper columnist was downright rude pre-2017. There is no reason to be disrespectful. Now it's fawning. Him too. And spoon-fed stories. It's sort of ridiculous to have Peters and Rivet asking the toughest questions about Sabres. They are fun but pure boneheads at times. And their rumours are above hockeybuzz but far from Friedman or something.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
I despise the Leafs, and the team is on the other end of the spectrum where players get spotted anywhere in town, and it's on social media. It's really not good for their franchise. But let's not attempt to compare a team that has made the playoffs eight straight years with one that has missed it 13 years in a row. I hate all things Toronto but Sabres fans cannot say boo about first-round exits with Pegula's reign of error. Buffalo is currently the most embarrassing team in the league and the bar is high with teams like Columbus, Ottawa and Calgary. Nobody comes close to Terry. People still claim he saved the Sabres. LOL.

Your premise that the Sabres suck because the media doesn't go after terry enough is absurd. The Leafs are still massively disappointing despite constant and intense criticism of their ownership. If you want to aspire to merely being disappointing instead of extremely disappointing and think that difference is there is more criticism of ownership by local media then go nuts, I guess.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
Your premise that the Sabres suck because the media doesn't go after terry enough is absurd. The Leafs are still massively disappointing despite constant and intense criticism of their ownership. If you want to aspire to merely being disappointing instead of extremely disappointing and think that difference is there is more criticism of ownership by local media then go nuts, I guess.

Pegula does not like criticism. It has pushed him to react in the past. Local media was tough, but national media picked up on it just before the firing of Regier... and again Lindy Ruff. Things were pretty loud about Bylsma and Murray as well. Id say to a lesser-extent Krueger, but there was almost no choice at that point.

The Sabres are allowed to skate (pun intended) on half-measure "hires" and "promotions" from their inner circle and/or the USDP with limited credentials. The Lindy Ruff hiring process was an absolute joke, as was the "hire". It is all about Terry Pegula and Kevyn Adams' personal comfort and trust.

In Toronto they wouldn't be allowed to do this. I would also take their 100 point seasons, management, roster, and coaching, even with playoff disappointment in a stacked Adams Division.

The Sabres suck because of Terry Pegula, and his resistance to installing a professional-level management team. The media should be banging that drum every day. The media sets the tone for fans. Thousands of fans listen to and trust WGR. They hear that Lindy Ruff is a "legend" and that this hire is the greatest thing, and they go along with it, and the Sabres' stall tactic to the next embarrassing failure worked. This team is run like the '00s Bills under Ralph Wilson, and we get the same results. The bottom line is that Terry Pegula is at fault for destroying a civic treasure (and on the other hand, the crazy thing is he saved another civic treasure and they are thriving).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad