Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff and Kevyn Adams will be answering YOUR questions at Blue & Gold Insights on June 12!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
giphy.gif

"Kevyn, How did you draw from your vast experience as a manager before being hired to improve this team?"

"Kevyn, How happy are you for Eichel and Reinhart to see so much success since they you traded them"

"Kevyn, Does Terry love you or Lindy more?"

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Can people ask the questions the media won't like whether NJD are paying Lindy's contract and that was part of the reason for the hire. Or if Kevyn Adams has all the resources he needs why he doesn't spend to the cap or use the cap in advantageous ways.

I'm reasonably sure a question like that would result in a media members access getting revoked. And possibly their organizations access to all Pegula properties. It's a question designed to embarrass the owners.

You would need a national media member who doesn't need the access to ask that pointed question, and to be fair, we simply aren't relevant enough.

I think one of the reasons we've seen so little Pegula bashing is that, the Pegulas literally own the sports in Buffalo. Every single team.

And sports journalism jobs are harder to find by the minute as big national places like ESPN are cutting back.

It's obviously clear what is happening in terms of the Pegula's pull back of resources on the team. Adams is there to deliver the company lines, that is what he was hired to do. I think you could reasonably ask "Are the Sabres going to spend to the cap this year?", but you would get a non answer for Adams about "doing what we need to do for sustainable success" rather than a real answer.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I'm reasonably sure a question like that would result in a media members access getting revoked. And possibly their organizations access to all Pegula properties. It's a question designed to embarrass the owners.

You would need a national media member who doesn't need the access to ask that pointed question, and to be fair, we simply aren't relevant enough.

I think one of the reasons we've seen so little Pegula bashing is that, the Pegulas literally own the sports in Buffalo. Every single team.

And sports journalism jobs are harder to find by the minute as big national places like ESPN are cutting back.

It's obviously clear what is happening in terms of the Pegula's pull back of resources on the team. Adams is there to deliver the company lines, that is what he was hired to do. I think you could reasonably ask "Are the Sabres going to spend to the cap this year?", but you would get a non answer for Adams about "doing what we need to do for sustainable success" rather than a real answer.
If true, that is a joke. There is no way it is relevant to ask that question. Pegula's pullback of resources is not obvious to many. I get slammed for saying it

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If true, that is a joke. There is no way it is relevant to ask that question. Pegula's pullback of resources is not obvious to many. I get slammed for saying it
Every team in every professional sport wouldn't let you show up to a team event and insult the owner.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Every team in every professional sport wouldn't let you show up to a team event and insult the owner.

That is so ridiculous. Buffalo is a one-newspaper town with a local sports radio station where Paul Hamilton is asking the tough questions and he sure doesn't. You have an arrogant columnist at the one paper who thinks his main gig is to insult people on Twitter. Tim Graham is the only guy who has really done any digging on the Sabres and the Pegulas. It's not the media's fault but the lack of scrutiny of the Sabres is part of the disease of complacency in Buffalo. As long as you are not rude, it is completely legit to ask about Ruff's contract (they can say no comment) and it's also legit to ask whether the team will continue to play well under the cap. Most NHL towns, 13 years of no playoffs means tough questions.

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
That is so ridiculous. Buffalo is one newspaper with a local sports radio station where Paul Hamilton is asking the tough questions and he sure doesn't. You have an arrogant columnist at the one paper who thinks his main gig is to insult people on Twitter. Tim Graham is the only guy who has really done any digging on the Sabres and the Pegulas. It's not the media's fault but the lack of scrutiny of the Sabres is part of the disease of complacency in Buffalo. As long as you are not rude, it is completely legit to ask about Ruff's contract (they can say no comment) and it's also legit to ask whether the team will continue to play well under the cap. Most NHL towns, 13 years of no playoffs means tough questions.
You're not gonna hear me disagree on that, our own writers are constantly getting outscooped by out of towners or Andrew Peters. But fact of the matter is, pushing questions about Pegula's money it's not gonna happen. The guy can end their careers quite easily.

Lance did a fairly good job of pushing on Adams and Don towards the end of the year. Unfortunately Pegula is gonna be off limits.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
If you saw Pegula speak at the Lindy press conference it should be real obvious why he's never putting himself in a position to have to answer questions.

They get their shot at asking Adams tough ones. Pegula wouldn't know what hit him if he was in a place like Montreal or Toronto or NYC. He would get scrummed when he showed up in public. Marner couldn't even have a coffee with Berube in Toronto without it going viral. Buffalo is a country club.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They get their shot at asking Adams tough ones. Pegula wouldn't know what hit him if he was in a place like Montreal or Toronto or NYC. He would get scrummed when he showed up in public. Marner couldn't even have a coffee with Berube in Toronto without it going viral. Buffalo is a country club.

Keith Pelley doesn't do Q&A's in Toronto. Geoff Molson doesn't do them in Montreal. Why would Pegula?

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Got an invite, but passed on it.

I'd struggle to condense 15 years of frustration into a likely single question that would give an answer to something we don't already know.

I'd need like 90 minutes and a whiteboard.
You should of went and made a poll for the forum to vote for your question.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Got an invite, but passed on it.

I'd struggle to condense 15 years of frustration into a likely single question that would give an answer to something we don't already know.

I'd need like 90 minutes and a whiteboard.

I'm reminded of this... "I only have 1 question, in 27 parts"

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
You're not gonna hear me disagree on that, our own writers are constantly getting outscooped by out of towners or Andrew Peters. But fact of the matter is, pushing questions about Pegula's money it's not gonna happen. The guy can end their careers quite easily.

Lance did a fairly good job of pushing on Adams and Don towards the end of the year. Unfortunately Pegula is gonna be off limits.

They don't have to actually carry water for him. Nobody is saying you can force Pegula to talk. You can't. But you ask point blank why you are not spending close to the cap. Don't ask the obvious questions; might as well be in PR.

And you are right about no scoops. All the obedience should get them one scoop, It's not a shocker so many people listen to After The Whistle. Those guys are a joke at times but they shake it up and are fearless.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You should of went and made a poll for the forum to vote for your question.
My first instinct is to re-phrase the 'Will Terry spend to the cap?' question that Adams has parried a few times into 'In the 2022-2023 season (2 ago), you traded for Ben Bishop's expiring deal and used that to reach the cap floor. With that context now given, does Pegula intend to spend to win? The evidence doesn't match how you've answered that question.'

This is of course assuming I even get to speak. I have no idea what I signed up for and how many people actually go. It is free after all.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
My first instinct is to re-phrase the 'Will Terry spend to the cap?' question that Adams has parried a few times into 'In the 2022-2023 season (2 ago), you traded for Ben Bishop's expiring deal and used that to reach the cap floor. With that context now given, does Pegula intend to spend to win? The evidence doesn't match how you've answered that question.'
Response: "Terry has not limited our spending towards the cap in any way" and then onto the next question.

Gotta phrase it in a way that makes Adams not answer in one sentence with something he's said before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad