Proposal: Lindholm to Boston

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Bruins just don’t have the pieces to get someone like Lindholm.
As much as I agree with you in principal Boston (to my chagrin) will find way if Lindholm is their target. That is why they have been a successful organization all these years. Not a Boston fan at all, but have to give them their respect.

I am still holding out hope CBJ finds a way to acquire him and not to an 8 year term. I feel having him in the 1C to keep it warm for Fantilli for 1 to 2 seasons at the 1C, while Fantilli is playing 3C and Jenner at the 2C. Then you roll Lindholm to the 2C and Fantilli to the 1C and Jenner back to the wing. Love Jenner but he is not a 1C.

If the CBJ did this I feel the only question mark is goalie play.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
As much as I agree with you in principal Boston (to my chagrin) will find way if Lindholm is their target. That is why they have been a successful organization all these years. Not a Boston fan at all, but have to give them their respect.

I am still holding out hope CBJ finds a way to acquire him and not to an 8 year term. I feel having him in the 1C to keep it warm for Fantilli for 1 to 2 seasons at the 1C, while Fantilli is playing 3C and Jenner at the 2C. Then you roll Lindholm to the 2C and Fantilli to the 1C and Jenner back to the wing. Love Jenner but he is not a 1C.

If the CBJ did this I feel the only question mark is goalie play.
If CBJ some how manages to get Lindholm I will tell you right now he’s coming with Markstrom anchor’d to his ass as it’s the only way to make Lindholm remotely affordable for them.

Prior to the draft rumours in Calgary were Lindholm and Hanifin had booth been offered up for #3 with an option of one of 3 prospects.

That deal was 100% subject to Leo Carlsson being available at #3.

Both CBJ and CGY agreed Fantilli was a non starter. CBJ wouldn’t trade Fantilli if he fell to #3 and the CGY Flames won’t likely be drafting any Top5 US born player ever again as they aren’t worth drafting when you know they are guaranteed gone by year 7-8.

I swear most Canadians will never understand this. But most Americans absolutely do not want to raise their family in Canada and being forced to play away from home for 6-8 months it will destroy you mentally.

Hence Calgarys targets for top end talent will either be Canadian or European.

Boston doesn’t work at all as the prospect depth is crap.

I know for fact this was a deal that was discussed earlier this year. Unsure if there is still movement on it.

To Florida: Lindholm Hanifin

To Calgary: Barkov + Duclair

When this was being discussed Duclair was still in Florida so unsure if both teams still have the appetite.

Barkov has been a player the flames wanted badly back to 2013. They offered all 3 firsts in 2013 to both Colorado and Florida with no success.

Ville Niemenen has pushed Barkov hard to Calgary and right now Barkov as your 2nd line second tier option makes absolutely no sense to me.

If Florida could get both Lindholm and Hanifin for Barkov and maybe some combination of adds on either side this is the kind of deal I can see the flames wanting .

A player that makes them work today and it’s a player with absolutely top line talent.

Again, I know for fact this deal was talked about. I do think trading Barkov
To upgrade defence will make Florida a more complete team as Lindholm as one of your Top2c just isn’t as big of a drop as many would believe.

But Barkov in Calgary. He’s instantly your teams #1 star talent overnight.

My only thought to this is I know they want to dump Bobrovsky so very badly to whomever will take his boat anchor off them.

Either way there is a workable legit deal to be had there and this is the real deal I suspect we see sometime in August.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The luxury box facet offers some form of protection in the Turing test?

Backlund as your 1C is not ideal. Certainly. But to replace Bergeron's spirit likely requires the defensive centres Lindholm as your 1C and Backlund as your 2C.

Boston shouldn't have zero interest in Backlund. Just zero interest of Backlund as the 1C replacement.

Bergeron was too damn good. There is no replacement for him.

They should have zero intrest in Backlund.

Boston isn’t in position to spend valuable assets on a player like him

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If the Canes get DeBrusk could the Canes’ futures be the right pieces to help boston get Lindholm?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Just don’t know how they’re going to pull off a trade for a legit top-end C this year. They still have to cut as far as I can tell. With Frederic, Swayman and that $4.5 million bonus penalty, it’s going to be almost impossible making a significant deal.

They already made one move with Geekie, that might tell us the route they’re going to try here. Hoping a player, who’s now established himself as an NHL player, takes a big step offensively with more opportunity. Could be the better route than one year deals with tweeners, or even trading for a year of Henrique for example.

A couple of others they may want to look into targeting?? Ryan McLeod and Joe Veleno. Both 23 years old.

Out of those 2, Veleno is probably the one who has the most upside offensively, who took some big steps last season, generating scoring chances. Probably not available yet, but if Kasper or Danielson has a really good camp for Detroit, maybe he becomes available.

McLeod we shall see, but it sure looks like he might be getting around $2 million, and that might make him available in Edmonton.

Just using these two as examples. I’m sure there’s a few others in similar situations, who also might be good fits, to take the chance on.

This might have to be the route they take until they can draft and develop their own homegrown Cs. Lindholm and Scheifele really do seem like pipe dreams at this point..

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If CBJ some how manages to get Lindholm I will tell you right now he’s coming with Markstrom anchor’d to his ass as it’s the only way to make Lindholm remotely affordable for them.

Prior to the draft rumours in Calgary were Lindholm and Hanifin had booth been offered up for #3 with an option of one of 3 prospects.

That deal was 100% subject to Leo Carlsson being available at #3.

Both CBJ and CGY agreed Fantilli was a non starter. CBJ wouldn’t trade Fantilli if he fell to #3 and the CGY Flames won’t likely be drafting any Top5 US born player ever again as they aren’t worth drafting when you know they are guaranteed gone by year 7-8.

I swear most Canadians will never understand this. But most Americans absolutely do not want to raise their family in Canada and being forced to play away from home for 6-8 months it will destroy you mentally.

Hence Calgarys targets for top end talent will either be Canadian or European.

Boston doesn’t work at all as the prospect depth is crap.

I know for fact this was a deal that was discussed earlier this year. Unsure if there is still movement on it.

To Florida: Lindholm Hanifin

To Calgary: Barkov + Duclair

When this was being discussed Duclair was still in Florida so unsure if both teams still have the appetite.

Barkov has been a player the flames wanted badly back to 2013. They offered all 3 firsts in 2013 to both Colorado and Florida with no success.

Ville Niemenen has pushed Barkov hard to Calgary and right now Barkov as your 2nd line second tier option makes absolutely no sense to me.

If Florida could get both Lindholm and Hanifin for Barkov and maybe some combination of adds on either side this is the kind of deal I can see the flames wanting .

A player that makes them work today and it’s a player with absolutely top line talent.

Again, I know for fact this deal was talked about. I do think trading Barkov
To upgrade defence will make Florida a more complete team as Lindholm as one of your Top2c just isn’t as big of a drop as many would believe.

But Barkov in Calgary. He’s instantly your teams #1 star talent overnight.

My only thought to this is I know they want to dump Bobrovsky so very badly to whomever will take his boat anchor off them.

Either way there is a workable legit deal to be had there and this is the real deal I suspect we see sometime in August.
Lindholm will be house hunting in Hanifan home town of Norwood

Bruins folks

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If the Canes get DeBrusk could the Canes’ futures be the right pieces to help boston get Lindholm?
Why would the Bruins trade DeBrusk to a conference rival, and why for futures if they aren't rebuilding? It makes no sense to move DeBrusk for futures and then trade for an older player in Lindholm.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Why would the Bruins trade DeBrusk to a conference rival, and why for futures if they aren't rebuilding? It makes no sense to move DeBrusk for futures and then trade for an older player in Lindholm.

Lets lay this out
1. Boston doesn’t have the futures to acquire Lindholm outright.
2. The players boston have to move arent of much interest to Calgary
3. Trading players to other teams to get assets that would interest Calgary would be necessary to acquiring Lindholm.

Man what a leap of intellect that took. I should lay down after this one

Reactions: MAHJ71

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Lets lay this out
1. Boston doesn’t have the futures to acquire Lindholm outright.
2. The players boston have to move arent of much interest to Calgary
3. Trading players to other teams to get assets that would interest Calgary would be necessary to acquiring Lindholm.

Man what a leap of intellect that took. I should lay down after this one
It's hard to believe Frederic, Poitras, Lysell, Merkulov, and Lohrei have little value, the latter two may even make the team out of training camp.

It's a backwards move, the Bruins have no replacement for DeBrusk. They are going to give up a 26yr old potential 30+ goal scorer and replace him with who? They would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Bruins could just not move DeBrusk, punt this season, and then go after Lindholm, Scheifele, etc. in the offseason.

Before you lay down, would you be okay with the Canes trading Kotkaniemi to the Bruins for futures so the Canes can trade for Karlsson?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It's hard to believe Frederic, Poitras, Lysell, Merkulov, and Lohrei have little value, the latter two may even make the team out of training camp.

It's a backwards move, the Bruins have no replacement for DeBrusk. They are going to give up a 26yr old potential 30+ goal scorer and replace him with who? They would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. Bruins could just not move DeBrusk, punt this season, and then go after Lindholm, Scheifele, etc. in the offseason.

Before you lay down, would you be okay with the Canes trading Kotkaniemi to the Bruins for futures so the Canes can trade for Karlsson?
Lohrei isn't making the team out of camp. His defense in his short stint in PRO wasn't AHL ready, I don't think it got to NHL ready over the summer. On top of that they have like 10 waiver eligible guys on D. While I don't think it's a big loss to waive guys like Reilly Walsh, Ian Mitchell or Alec Regula, I'd imagine that 1 of those 3 and Zboril are on the team ahead of a guy who needs to get his feet wet in the AHL and learn how to play pro level D.

But I agree, I don't think BOS is dealing Debrusk for a C. But I don't think they are trading for a C at all anyway.

Reactions: Absurdity

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think the Bruins would be a fit for Lindholm; and the Flames for Scheifele. Both would require AAV in the Zib to Aho range - Lindholm on 7-8 years; Scheifele 5-6.

That would leave Swayman and Lysell going to the Jets. And the Hellebuyck domino to fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad