Player Discussion Ryan Lindgren

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It's a perfectly healthy critique.

55-23 are a terrible pair at every measurable aspect of hockey and the Rangers have shown no interest in either guy playing with anybody else.
No it’s not and shame on you or sorry for you for not getting the difference. Saying that he’s ACTIVELY preventing the team from winning implies Lindgren’s intent to have the Rangers lose on purpose (like a gambling quarterback who throws interceptions etc to make his team not cover the spread). Or your attempt at an excuse above is like blaming a single fat person for causing worldwide obesity crisis. Sorry for going there.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No it’s not and shame on you or sorry for you for not getting the difference. Saying that he’s ACTIVELY preventing the team from winning implies Lindgren’s intent to have the Rangers lose on purpose (like a gambling quarterback who throws interceptions etc to make his team not cover the spread). Or your attempt at an excuse above is like blaming a single fat person for causing worldwide obesity crisis. Sorry for going there.
If you want to argue over the semantics of the words I used, sure.

The point is, a team with Lindgren playing on their top pair has abysmal chances of winning the Cup.

To frame it as "the morons who play video games just want to rebuild, let's keep the band together" is extremely disingenuous when 99% of the criticisms against Lindgren are based on him hurting the team RIGHT NOW.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Wouldn’t that have been less than his qualifying offer? Why would the player take that then?

Its a one year deal. We have cap space to play with already this year. Its fine. There is noone else to sign, and frankly we dont have much assets to move at trade deadline to make a big splash anyway.
My bad. I've fried my brain, I'm in Mallorca it's 41 degrees Celsius and I'm drunk AF.

Totally forgot about the qualifying offer.

Should've moved him for another d-man or some draftpick(s).

I just think he's overrated and I'm afraid that we're going to get another Staal/Girardi contract situation.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Gus had his moments here, but he's fools gold. He's just a guy, at best.

Going into the season with him penciled in on the top pair is just as bad as doing that with Lindgren. That's the thing, there's an implication that the Rangers are overplaying bad players in favor of good ones when that's not the case. I don't trust any of the Rangers LHD right now.

They need another difference maker and rock on the backend. Currently they don't have that guy, Schneider is realistically the guy, but remains to be seen if he will evolve into that caliber of player. Miller really plataued, he's young and atheletic enough but you just get the feeling that his brain and hockey IQ will really limit what he can do in the league.

The need for a true difference maker on the backend is amplified by the fact that the Rangers D do not get as much help from their forwards as other teams, espeically Florida.

In fact Florida changed their system from mostly rush and run and gun to more forechecking, but that's a whole other discusssion and the Rangres don't have the horses for that right now anyway.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you want to argue over the semantics of the words I used, sure.

The point is, a team with Lindgren playing on their top pair has abysmal chances of winning the Cup.

To frame it as "the morons who play video games just want to rebuild, let's keep the band together" is extremely disingenuous when 99% of the criticisms against Lindgren are based on him hurting the team RIGHT NOW.
Based on multiple factors I hold you to a higher standards to understand semantics than some pimply kid who just entered fandom.

And you know my position on Lindgren well enough to not bring up “video games morons rebuild etc. I have no idea how this happened to be included in your reply.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Going into the season with him penciled in on the top pair is just as bad as doing that with Lindgren.
How??? Fox was amazing with Gus last year both regular season and playoffs. Even if you don’t like the idea of Gus I don’t get how he is equated to Lindgren who legitimately had sub 50% differentials with Fox all year. People on here just yapping whatever tf they feel like

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Based on multiple factors I hold you to a higher standards to understand semantics than some pimply kid who just entered fandom.

And you know my position on Lindgren well enough to not bring up “video games morons rebuild etc. I have no idea how this happened to be included in your reply.
Well then maybe read the post I replied to before going off on a tangent.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
What an awful offseason. And look at our division, Washington with Chychrun, Roy, Mangiapane, Dubois. New Jersey finally got a goalie, added Pesce & Dillon to an already stacked young D. Philly adds Michkov.

We have no cap space, so… not much you can really do unless you can convince the big contracts to waive. At least we tried with anchor #1.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
4.5 is suspiciously high to the point I think they're going to sign him for term after for a fair bit less than he might get otherwise.
I was thinking the same. That maybe this is a “we have space right this moment but won’t in the future, so we will front load you now in exchange for a bargain on a contract with some term later.” But putting it in writing is a CBA violation.

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Honestly when the best thing you can say about the offseason is "at least Lindgren only got a 1 year deal" it's a complete failure. Outside of youth progressing there is 0 reason to be excited about this season as of now. Grim.
Same garbage was spewed last off season and low and behold a 114 point season and an ECF appearance. This is a better roster than the one that started last year for the millionth time. Smith is a good add, Chytil plays more the 10 games, Kakko isn't injured for 2 months and has a better year, Laf continues to grow as a player, Cuylee has a year under his belt, Othmann, Berard, Rempe, Edstrom, battle for some spots instead of the corpses of Wheeler, Bonino, and Pitlick. Trouba playing 3rd line minutes instead of 22 minutes a game also helps. This team will once again be a top team in the east. Not grim.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
4.5 is suspiciously high to the point I think they're going to sign him for term after for a fair bit less than he might get otherwise.
Always thought it would be funny if rich organizations like NYR and TOR just gave players briefcases of cash off the books

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Honestly? I have no idea.

The Rangers weren't good in regard to analytics, but they also weren't good with the luck stats. They literally outscored their opponents by one goal over the course of the season at even strength.

There's nothing to indicate they were a good team in terms of controlling play, but there's also nothing to indicate that they were opportunistic or "found a way," because their shooting percentage was for shit and they didn't score a lot of goals. They didn't outscore opponents.

They profile as a team that isn't particularly good at anything where literally everything went right for a season and they won every close game. Not counting empty netters, did we win by more than one goal the entire playoffs?

I don't need to tell you that playing this way and winning probably isn't sustainable.

Not to be combative, but if you and the others wo have responded with something similar truly believe this, you should be Mas's biggest fans and call for an immediate rebuild.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not to be combative, but if you and the others wo have responded with something similar truly believe this, you should be Mas's biggest fans and call for an immediate rebuild.
I think they should rebuild if they don't win it during Panarin's contract. Him being around makes it hard to lose.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
this clapback is so boring

we're just posters on a message board. as has been proven 9 billion times, FOs have different priorities and opinions than we do.
What's boring is the constant whining about how everyone on this team sucks. I know, I know, they won all those games despite 90% of their roster. Secondly, IF these players are as bad as some on here want to make it out, do you not think other GM's are not aware of how bad these players suck? So, why would they give up a 2nd, 3rd or even a 43rd in 2193 for a player who sucks?

Can Trouba be bought out now?
yes. 2nd window opened as soon as Lindgren signed since he filed for arb.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What's boring is the constant whining about how everyone on this team sucks. I know, I know, they won all those games despite 90% of their roster. Secondly, IF these players are as bad as some on here want to make it out, do you not think other GM's are not aware of how bad these players suck? So, why would they give up a 2nd, 3rd or even a 43rd in 2193 for a player who sucks?
I don't care.

This isn't asset management. I just want him off the ice.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Lindgren had a bad regular season, but was clearly one of our best 4 D in the playoffs. Hopefully this season his play improves and hopefully if it does the board will actually admit it. I am glad it’s just a year though, his style of play might see him continue to regress

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
Just an “off” year I’ve been told.

4.5 is wild for a guy who isn’t good at anything but the 1 year term makes it whatever.
Isn’t good at anything?? I could list so many things he is good at. He also has many issues.
I wonder how you guys think our PK operates given Lindgren and Trouba are such incompetent bums at everything

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's being reported that Drury was hesitant to bring back Lindgrin and right before the contract was signed, Fox, Kreider and Zibanejad were heard singing "Is who's gonna run this town tonight? We gonna' run this town."

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
There's nothing to "believe". The Rangers are mediocre at 5v5 which is most of the game. They were 20th in goals scored and 17th in goals against. The fancy stats say basically the same thing.

The solution isn't to rebuild its just to stop giving tons of ice time to bad players. Lindgren and Trouba play like 3/4 of the 5v5 time and they are both terrible. I can only guess the Rangers are slowly starting to understand this too since they have actively tried to dump Trouba and Lindgren is on a one year deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00