Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Timothy Liljegren signs extension with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $3M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You will never win if other teams are using cap space smarter than you are.

None of the deals the Leafs have signed are bad use of cap space so not sure what you are on about aside from the usual "Leafs bad".

They need to move salary out of the core to the rest of the team, it's not really controversial. But that is irrelevant to keeping good players.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Happy Lilly is back. I suppose if he went to arbitration it may have landed close to this anyways. Bit rich, but rhd are at a premium in the leauge no matter what way you slice it.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
None of the deals the Leafs have signed are bad use of cap space so not sure what you are on about aside from the usual "Leafs bad".

They need to move salary out of the core to the rest of the team, it's not really controversial. But that is irrelevant to keeping good players.
Leafs need to find steals to offset their overpaid core. A bottom pairing dman shouldnt be paid 3M. They dont even get any UFA years in the small chance lilijgren improves. This is player friendly deal.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
12 million for robertson/ bertuzzi replacement ack up goalie and and 2 top4 D. this team is so screwed next year

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs need to find steals to offset their overpaid core. A bottom pairing dman shouldnt be paid 3M. They dont even get any UFA years in the small chance lilijgren improves. This is player friendly deal.

Obviously they believe he has more development left. Or are you suggesting 190 games is all it takes for dmen to figure things out? He has shown flashes many times, this last year the most yet.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Ya get rid of the ones that ask for too much.

Lilijgren plus old man Tanev probably gonna combine cap hit equal to Cale Makar lmfao.

Makar signed like 4 years ago though. He made 9m in an 81m cap world, which is 11%. Tanev would have to make like 6.8 per to be equal to Makar when he signed.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wow. That really pisses me off as a Pens fan because we have POJ to resign. POJ should get $3-4mil if Lilegren is getting $3mil.

JFC Treliving.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Im not convinced we keep him to be honest

3M per is maybe 500k too much but I think Liljegren is better than his reputation. I’m fine with this.

I’m a little unclear as to what the plans are for the rest of the D

Looks like Tanev is probably happening. That would give the team 5 NHL D with Timmins as an RFA. Hard to imagine only one significant add to this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00