Roster Moves: Lilja recalled; Wellwood to AHL; Meszaros to miss 4 weeks (shoulder)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

turkinaa

Oct 22, 2007
PA
What is the story with him?

They keep saying he was a healthy scratch the last two games as part of them adjusting the line-up. He "should" be playing with Lilja as a scratch unless he [Foster] really is injured.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
They keep saying he was a healthy scratch the last two games as part of them adjusting the line-up. He "should" be playing with Lilja as a scratch unless he [Foster] really is injured.

Foster will most likely be playing with Gervais not Foster. If Lilja was called up to actually play in a game immediately then Foster was probably injured. I think i remember someone saying that Foster had some bruises or something after the Sabers game(?) that's why he was a scratch.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It's a small sample size, but McGinn looks like a big NHL bottom line winger to me. His skating is fine, he hits, he has a brain.

In time, I could see him possibly become a 3rd liner, and a damn good one too. Won't put up too many points, but will go into a lot of the dirty areas, hit, put up possibly 20 to 40 points (depending on whatever) and has a ton of strength. Wasn't it a game against the Rangers where someone tried to smash McGinn but he just shrugged it off like nothing and the person who tried to hit him just fell down?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
McGinn is NHL ready right now. Him being out there actually gives us a legit 4th line that I like. We could possibly ice a team with rinaldo, wellwood, and sestito not dressing. That is impressive. I wonder if we will package some of these forwards for picks ala Powe. That is my dream. Wellwood for a 3rd.

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia
In time, I could see him possibly become a 3rd liner, and a damn good one too. Won't put up too many points, but will go into a lot of the dirty areas, hit, put up possibly 20 to 40 points (depending on whatever) and has a ton of strength. Wasn't it a game against the Rangers where someone tried to smash McGinn but he just shrugged it off like nothing and the person who tried to hit him just fell down?

Thats was Callahan btw. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad