Post-Game Talk: Like A Mother(load) of Goals: 14-6-3, with depth!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Bear has been outstanding. He uses a combo of tenacity and skill to win battles down low and in tight.

But because of his size and speed, neither bad but neither great, it's hard to imagine him becoming an elite #1 guy. But i think he potentially could be a consistent decent top pairing level guy.

Bears best trait is his hockey intelligence and that always ages very well for D man as they typically peak later but for much longer than forwards.

It’s so plainly obvious watching Bear play is how quick he processes the game and makes the proper read. He’s so poised under duress and pressure in his own zone.

Him and Nurse are a nice match and have good chemistry as a pairing. Nurse brings the size, and elite skating that Bear doesn’t have but Bear unquestionably brings the puck moving ability, and up ice transition game. Bear is a one man breakout machine.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
giphy.gif

*raises hand* uhm....asking this for a friend, what is going on in this GIF and where can I get more information on it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
To the last part, I think Kane was trying to bat the puck in the mid air. Maybe a double minor but not suspension worthy.

Bat the puck out of the air above the shoulder....that is epitome of reckless and stupid.
He wont get a suspension but he should.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Bears best trait is his hockey intelligence and that always ages very well for D man as they typically peak later but for much longer than forwards.

It’s so plainly obvious watching Bear play is how quick he processes the game and makes the proper read. He’s so poised under duress and pressure in his own zone.

Him and Nurse are a nice match and have good chemistry as a pairing. Nurse brings the size, and elite skating that Bear doesn’t have but Bear unquestionably brings the puck moving ability, and up ice transition game. Bear is a one man breakout machine.

Actually the thing that surprises me the most about Bear is his strength and ability to absorb a hit.
Bear isnt a big player and yet I consistently see him absorb hits and still get the puck up ice.

There is a lot to like about Bear...really impressive.

Considering how so many dmen have played this season I have to think that Playfair is a big part of why this is happening.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
That is kind of their entire system. They realize they have no forward talent and only defenders, whole game plan is let Burns and Karlsson possess the puck and get lucky point shots through.

So they are basically just the Houston Rockets. Chucking up three pointers with terrible defending in their own zone.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How in hell do 4 people in stripes on the ice miss a blatant careless high stick to another player's head? Such BS. And then to watch Deboer whine and complain about (legit) calls that his team gets later on in the game made me want to puke. Glad those gutless turds got the beating they deserved last night.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Last time the team won 14 out of their first 23 games was 14-6-3 in 1981-82. Only times the team got 14 wins in fewer games were the 1983-84 (14-2-1), 1984-85 (14-3-3), 1985-86 (14-4-2) and 2001-02 (14-5-2-1) seasons.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Yea, for the Ethan Bear diversity shot.
I don't think most people actually believe he is Russian, right?

Also... Can Bear be comparable to Visnovsky?

I think Jared Spurgeon might be a good comparable, which is ironic because I was posting this past Summer about the Oilers trying to trade for him, while also advocating dealing Bear for a forward like Roslovic. Funny how things turn out sometimes. Props to Bear for all the work he put in to improve his game.

Reactions: Aerrol and Coffey

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
We did have control of most of the game after the 1st. But I'm just saying that had some of those 18 shots went in and Kassian's goal been call back, I'm not sure if we can come back from let's say a 3-1 deficit after the first. Momentum would clearly be on the Sharks side and they'll keep coming.
You know what. Had the Sharks took a slapper and it hit Leon and then mcDavid in the first and injured them, we could have lost this game huuuuuge man.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I did, that goal McDavid scored was off a rebound. So basically a secondary assist to Nurse, off the goalie pads, and McD gets that garbage goal with Draisaitl getting the garbage assist.
How an Oiler fan get be mad about Oilers getting points is ABSOLUTELY MINDBOGGLING

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Yea, for the Ethan Bear diversity shot.
I don't think most people actually believe he is Russian, right?

Also... Can Bear be comparable to Visnovsky?
I think people do. Guy says every stereotypical Russian thing. Like yeah we get it, you're from Omsk, Russia. You don't need to say that every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad