Confirmed with Link: Like a good Neighbours, Jake signs for 2 Years 3.75Mil Per

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It's probably a fair AAV for what he currently brings. I'd have liked a little more discount on a bridge. But if he grows his game, it could be a real good deal.

I'd like to see him create more for himself, play much better D and possession and better playmaking. His contributions with screens often go unmarked on the stat sheet So that off sets some of his weaknesses. Overall, good deal for both sides with the Blues at worst getting fair value

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Solid bridge deal for both sides. And he’ll still be a RFA at the end of this deal.

Now to go check out the trade board and see how this will play out as some sort of Oilers trolling…

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Solid bridge deal for both sides. And he’ll still be a RFA at the end of this deal.

Now to go check out the trade board and see how this will play out as some sort of Oilers trolling…

Was just reading one of their fans talking about how Holloway got tricked into signing here and must be beating himself up. Good for a laugh.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I like this deal. Yeah we could possible have gotten it done slightly cheaper. But the b the grand scheme of things it’s not a huge deal. It’s not like he’s making 8+. And he’s gotten a nice little payday for himself.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Love it.

I think there is an argument that he's not currently worth $3.75M AAV on a 2 year deal as an RFA without arbitration rights. I also think there is an argument that he is already worth that since goals are the most valuable thing in the sport for a forward. But even if it is a small immediate overpay, I'm very happy to pay it in order to get certainty for the next 2 years, eliminate him as a retaliatory offer sheet target, and ensure that we are negotiating his next (hopefully long term) contract when he is still 2 years from UFA status.

He is a player I wanted to bridge and I'm completely content with this number as the AAV to accomplish that goal.

This new deal ends the same summer that Faulk, Krug, and Binner's current deals come off the books. At the moment, Thomas, Kyrou, Buch, Schenn, and Parayko are the only contracts on the books for 2027/28 (with Schenn's expiring at the end of that season). We will absolutely be able to afford however much he earns when this deal expires.

Reactions: Louie the Blue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad