Rumor: Lightning trying to use draft picks to move bad contracts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
giphy.gif

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
They already don't have a 2021 1st, 2021 2nd or 2022 2nd.
Basically they will have to trade their 2022 1st or even dip into their 2023 picks to make it happen...

Also almost all of their guys will have some sort of trade protection lists they can submit to block atleast 10+ teams (are there even more than 10 teams entertaining taking on salary dumps?)
I doubt anyone will voluntarily want to leave the 2 time Stanley Cup winner with no state tax in Florida.

Lets see if BriseBois finds a way to cheat himself out of making some very tough decisions again or if it is time to pay up.

God bless Tampa going for these cups, as a hawks fan I totally get it.

But they’re gonna pay eventually for trading so many 1sts and 2nds.

(unless of course they keep finding gold like they have in the past)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Id actually consider this if I were Tampa.
Same tbh. Always thought Sergachev was overrated, even when he was with us. Still think he is. That give them a potential top 6 player cost controlled and a high pick to stay relevant in the future. Doubt LA does this.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
They really only have one bonafide bad contract depending what you think stamkos’ is.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Same tbh. Always thought Sergachev was overrated, even when he was with us. Still think he is. That give them a potential top 6 player cost controlled and a high pick to stay relevant in the future. Doubt LA does this.

I like him a lot, but getting that awful TJ contract off the books PLUS a top 10 pick and a good prospect???

Like I said, I’d consider it.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Kesler for anyone tbh. They don’t get to abuse the LTIR if they take kesler but they definitely shed money

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
Draft picks? What draft picks? I’ve checked Cap Friendly and the cupboards look pretty bare.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Picks 2-3 years away from being drafted doesn't move the needle for many teams. Not many team are lining up to help Tampa with anything.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
When I look at Tampa on Cap Friendly they have 7 forwards with a modified or full no move. Do they have to protect all players with a modified also? If so they can’t protect Brayden Point :huh:

That's how many no trade/modified no trade/no move.

Modified NMC/NMC have to be proteceted

Modified NTC/NTC do not.

They only have 4 NMC rest are NTC/L-NTC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad