Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Cory Conacher (1-year, 575k, one-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
In all honesty I don't think he's NHL material anymore, Cory ain't gonna replace no one on the team IMO. That being said, he could only be a pleasant surprise

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
In all honesty I don't think he's NHL material anymore, Cory ain't gonna replace no one on the team IMO. That being said, he could only be a pleasant surprise

Think it's conacher last chance at the nhl and he had big success under cooper so this could work out or he will be great for the crunch .

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Lol. This is hilarious, Steve trolling Ottawa. As soon as an injury occurs he's replacing somebody or he beats out Condra or plays his way onto the team like JAM did. Conacher still has the skill and he knows how to play, it's just he has been in a steady decline. Maybe this rejuvenates him and these guys get him to where he can be. For that price, can't go wrong.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Lol. This is hilarious, Steve trolling Ottawa. As soon as an injury occurs he's replacing somebody or he beats out Condra or plays his way onto the team like JAM did. Conacher still has the skill and he knows how to play, it's just he has been in a steady decline. Maybe this rejuvenates him and these guys get him to where he can be. For that price, can't go wrong.

Found a solution trade condra back to Ottawa for a 4th round draft pick lol

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Very little risk, he could be a huge depth player if he finds his groove like he did last time here.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Good replacement for JAM as a guy who can be a big factor for Syracuse or fill in where and when we need him up here .

Welcome back honey badger!

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I was surprised to see this but there's zero risk in this. He's had his best production under Cooper so it could work out and it would be huge for us as the depth scoring really came back to bite us last year.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
per some contacts in bern he really played well and played hard taking a ton of penalties also so still not scared to go to the net for sure.

I look at his stats and can only say that is some big upside. If you would have told me after we shipped him and the ottawa and following disasters he could have a year like he did in bern id say not a chance. So something is there not sure what right now but maybe this resurrects his career.

ScottyFreakinUpshall

Aug 13, 2010
The signing blew my mind to be completely honest. Didn't see this one coming....

Anyways, I think Conny can roll anywhere in the lineup. Depending on what cooper likes. He's played with the top 6 guys, and can easily fill some bottom 6 scoring depth.

It'll be cool to see where they put him. Johnny and him ripped up the AHL together. Never really had the shot before to play with him when he was in Tampa.

Worst case Ontario is he goes through waivers and plays in Syracuse.

I'm not sure how much you guys watched him when he left, but he got thrown into roles that weren't what hes capable of doing... When he went over to swiss he recaptured his scoring ability and confidence with the puck, which he lost in Ottawa and NYI. If anyone remembers, he played on a line with Zibby and "X" player when spezza got injured and they lit it up for 2 weeks. Spezza gets back and they jumbled the lines and that was the end of that - which led to McLeans firing since he wasn't following upper managements requests.

I'm stoked to watch tampa bay again. It's going to be fun!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The signing blew my mind to be completely honest. Didn't see this one coming....

Anyways, I think Conny can roll anywhere in the lineup. Depending on what cooper likes. He's played with the top 6 guys, and can easily fill some bottom 6 scoring depth.

It'll be cool to see where they put him. Johnny and him ripped up the AHL together. Never really had the shot before to play with him when he was in Tampa.

Worst case Ontario is he goes through waivers and plays in Syracuse.

I'm not sure how much you guys watched him when he left, but he got thrown into roles that weren't what hes capable of doing... When he went over to swiss he recaptured his scoring ability and confidence with the puck, which he lost in Ottawa and NYI. If anyone remembers, he played on a line with Zibby and "X" player when spezza got injured and they lit it up for 2 weeks. Spezza gets back and they jumbled the lines and that was the end of that - which led to McLeans firing since he wasn't following upper managements requests.

I'm stoked to watch tampa bay again. It's going to be fun!

Not sure he makes the Lightning, but then again he is a Cooper Trooper so anything is possible. If he does make the cut then I don't see where he would fit in the top 6. I really hope Cooper isn't stupid enough to drop Drouin down to make room for his boy.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We need depth scoring. If he can provide that along with a two way game I don't see how he won't make the team. We have guys in our bottom six who play good D but aren't capable of putting the puck in the net. I think as long as he can do that he will have a place on this team and somebody in that bottom six will have to go.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm so glad he's back. He's a good player, always was. He just needs to put it together. I think a solid year in the Swiss League will do good for him. At this point I think he's at worst a lateral move to Marchesault.

No risk, all reward.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad