Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Cam Atkinson | 1 year, $900K AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Moser on a bridge should cost 3m. That's 2-3m of cap space afterwards. If we buy his UFA years on a lengthy extension it makes sense.

What other body are you talking about? We have 12 one way forward contracts now with NHL pedigree unless Chaffee is destined for the AHL

View attachment 891559

We should be done
They need a 13th F, likely one of Goncalves or another Syracuse promotion,.and a.7th dman in Lilleberg most likely. If they pay Moser 2.5, they'll have just over 1.6 left for another F if they wanted to.add someone else. If they trade Sheary though, they'd have just over 3 left for someone like Roalovic or Sprong to.fill.the 2RW spot, provided that Moser is around 2.5

Reactions: Crunchrulz

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If they were willing to go with 21 on the roster instead of 22, then trading Sheary opens up over 4 (depending on Moser's number). That would likely put them in on Tarasenko, but only rolling 12-7-2 isn't optimal.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
They need a 13th F, likely one of Goncalves or another Syracuse promotion,.and a.7th dman in Lilleberg most likely. If they pay Moser 2.5, they'll have just over 1.6 left for another F if they wanted to.add someone else. If they trade Sheary though, they'd have just over 3 left for someone like Roalovic or Sprong to.fill.the 2RW spot, provided that Moser is around 2.5

1719960372718.png

This is the teams cap space with Moser left to sign and icing 12-6-2

I don't know why everyone is insisting we'll have 13F. Before we owned Seabrooks contract we iced the minimum. Seabrook is no longer a factor this season, we'll be icing the minimum if for nothing else than to accumulate cap space for TDL pick ups

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Filling those last two spots with Syracuse promotions makes perfect sense. Gives folks incentive to play harder in camp knowing the spots are actually open and if they want to prove they are worthy of being in "The Show", they can earn it through hard work and effort.

Makes for a MUCH more fun and interesting camp and preseason than one where all of the roster spots are predetermined.

Reactions: JTBF81

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
View attachment 891565

I don't know why everyone is insisting we'll have 13F. Before we owned Seabrooks contract we iced the minimum. Seabrook is no longer a factor this season, we'll be icing the minimum if for nothing else than to accumulate cap space for TDL pick ups
They only ever had an active roster below 21 or 22.because of injuries. Most NHL teams run with at least 21 active players, and 22 or 23 is standard. Only 20 guys ever dress, but the additional 1-3 are still counted on the active roster rowards ghe cap.

Reactions: Rschmitz

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I'm trying to make sense of signing an NHL quality forward who isn't ideally suited for a scoring line

We have carried that number the last few years, should continue. We have AHL guys like Gonglaves and Lilleberg if they need a 7d/13F.
I'm pretty sure Lilleberg is going to be on the big club.. and Geekie will likely make the team out of camp.. but we'll see...

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I like Atkinson in the bottom six but watching him, Hagel and Vanilli on the there on the second line is going to slowly kill me.

This would be an easier pill to swallow if Sheary wasn't here. We just added another small forward and one that likely is going to play way above where he should be slotted.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
View attachment 891565

And it's currently 5.75 available.with 12-5-2 and Moser still to be signed. If they can get Moser at 2.5, then Lilleberg or Crozier counts 870k, and Goncalves/Ylonen/whomever at 775k, that gives them.13-7-2, which is standard. They'd have 1.605 available if they wanted to add.a 23rd roster spot. If they get r I d of Sheary via trade, they then have 3.605 with 21, and the ability to add.a.much more impactful F to then reach 22 again. If they buy him out, then the number is 3.026, and waiving him with no claim makes it 2.755.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
And it's currently 5.75 available.with 12-5-2 and Moser still to be signed. If they can get Moser at 2.5, then Lilleberg or Crozier counts 870k, and Goncalves/Ylonen/whomever at 775k, that gives them.13-7-2, which is standard. They'd have 1.605 available if they wanted to add.a 23rd roster spot. If they get r I d of Sheary via trade, they then have 3.605 with 21, and the ability to add.a.much more impactful F to then reach 22 again. If they buy him out, then the number is 3.026, and waiving him with no claim makes it 2.755.

If JBB is smart he'll extend Moser on a lengthy deal and absorb the rest of that cap space

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
View attachment 891565

Do you have proof of this because we have always iced a 7th D or 13th F, team never runs that thin, just makes no sense with injury risk. People always "project" it to fit under the cap but it never happens. There's almost always a scratched player.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If JBB is smart he'll extend Moser on a lengthy deal and absorb the rest of that cap space
I disagree. They need to add an additional middle 6 F badly. Moser looks to be a good fit, but I'd rather bridge him for 2 or 3 years now at a low cap hit, then when the cap is 100 million+ worry about an 8 year extension. Sure, there is admittedly some risk that he'll cost more then if he does well, but the increase in cap should.mitigate that. If they could add an impact F to help for this season and next perhaps, yes please.

Reactions: Zwui21

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Do you have proof of this because we have always iced a 7th D or 13th F, team never runs that thin, just makes no sense with injury risk. People always "project" it to fit under the cap but it never happens. There's almost always a scratched player.

Do you not remember being forced to ice a shorthanded roster pre-Seabrook when an unexpected injury occured? I do

I disagree. They need to add an additional middle 6 F badly. Moser looks to be a good fit, but I'd rather bridge him for 2 or 3 years now at a low cap hit, then when the cap is 100 million+ worry about an 8 year extension. Sure, there is admittedly risk that he'll cost more then if he does we'll, but the increase in cap should.mitigate that. If they could add an impact F to help for this season and next perhaps, yes please.

I see nothing available on the market

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I think it's time for everyone to come to the realization that there is no other impact player coming in this offseason. It is what it is with the cap, and we don't have the assets to aquire someone really good.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Do you not remember being forced to ice a shorthanded roster pre-Seabrook when an unexpected injury occured? I do

I see nothing available on the market
Roslovic, Sprong, and Tarasenko are all still available. I would easily have any one of them on the team if they were interested.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Roslovic, Sprong, and Tarasenko are all still available. I would easily have any one of them on the team if they were interested.
It is quite ironic that when I recommended Sprong and Foegele in our top six, resigning Stamkos and playing him at C while moving Cirelli, they;

1. "I doubt they'll fit"
2. "Won't be any better"

But now you're looking at the same level of players to put in our top six. Stamkos produced more at 5v5 than Cirelli but now you're good with no Stamkos, 5v5 Cirelli and one of the guys that originally weren't good enough? Lol.

Pointing out the irony there is all I'm doing.

Reactions: T REX

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Killorn like numbers and about the same mileage playing for loser franchise his whole career. Maybe some time with a winner can squeeze some vintage production out of him. I like it (for the hit).

Last edited:

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Tarasenko is the only guy I'd consider, and he's simply too money hungry to be considered an option IMO
Another issue that's kind of shaping up, once again, is that we are a small team. Girgensons and Paul have size, but we've gotten smaller over the past couple seasons. Moving Jeannot and replacing him with Girgensons is fine. Atkinson on the third would be welcomed, but our top six is kind of average. I'm hoping Chaffee surprises everyone and finds a way to be effective. He threw the body and could at least win the odd battle down low.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Tarasenko is the only guy I'd consider, and he's simply too money hungry to be considered an option IMO
Tarasenko would be my top choice, but if he's too pricey, no problem. Roslovic is more than capable in the role they'd be looking to fill. The last 3 years he's been roughly a .6 ppg 50 point type with Columbus, and although his shorr stint with the NYR didn't go as well, it was a.very small sample size after the tdl. Sprong is weaker defensively, but has good offensive capabilities and could also fit well with Hagel-Cirelli on the 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad