Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Cam Atkinson | 1 year, $900K AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So we have an elite puck retriever and a guy who's career average is 27 goals right now, that 2nd line is screaming for a playmaking center, JBB is pretty much addressing all the needs right now - clearly he's got to see this right?

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Anything under a million doesn't even count. There's no player we can sign for less than a million that's a mistake.

If we can get double digit goals from him, and that's a solid bet, then this is a nice signing by JBB. And if he's terrible, we throw another body into the slot and lose exactly nothing.

I just don't understand the prioritization. We need a 2RW. There were guys out there. A lot of them got signed for less than we could afford. We've now signed multiple guys under a million to be depth players, which meant letting 2nd line guys get signed elsewhere and adds up to having less money for one if we can even find one.

If 800k guys are a dime a dozen then it's absolutely idiotic signing ones early and eating into the cap that we need for another big roster spot.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No on Tyler Johnson. He hasn't stayed healthy anywhere. If we're gonna have a reunion, do Gourde instead because he's at worst a Swiss Army knife that you can plug in anywhere and is going to be a constant disruption one way or the other doing crap after the whistle

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
No on Tyler Johnson. He hasn't stayed healthy anywhere. If we're gonna have a reunion, do Gourde instead because he's at worst a Swiss Army knife that you can plug in anywhere and is going to be a constant disruption one way or the other doing crap after the whistle
Is Gourde a realistic option? If so bring him back he played so well here! AND WHO DOESNT LOVE GOURDE!?

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Seems like a reasonable deal to help fill out the roster. For the people screaming we have cap space to play with, we really don’t. If the Lightning want to have 22 on the roster and pay Moser 3 million or so this is what the Lightning can afford.

There may be one slot for a 2 mil or so player I think.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Tyler Johnson scored 2 less points than Gourde in 13 less games. Gourde makes over 5M while Johnson should go for cheap. Johnson is a right handed shot as well and can help the 2nd PP. He's definitely the better option.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Tyler Johnson scored 2 less points than Gourde in 13 less games. Gourde makes over 5M while Johnson should go for cheap. Johnson is a right handed shot as well and can help the 2nd PP. He's definitely the better option.
I'm not saying Johnson isn't good. You are right on your accounts

I'm saying he can't stay healthy. It's affected his play his entire career and the last thing I want for the Lightning is yet another season waiting for Johnson to pull himself together after getting hurt. We went through like 4 years of it already and I am not hungry for more.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
TJ was the biggest floater on the ice when he left. I don't care how many pts he gets. Lazy ass, defensive liability.

Fade me with that shit.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Fantastic price, I'm a big Atkinson fan

Problem is he's more like a third line forward at this point in his career......and we have the cap space to sign a 2nd line forward.

What capspace? We still have to sign Moeser and fill another body.

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Obviously Sheary is untradeable and in JBB’s plans because if we could move him or even buy him out, we might’ve been able to sign Duclair @ $3.5 and he’s an entire echelon better than our current options.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
What capspace? We still have to sign Moeser and fill another body.

Moser on a bridge should cost 3m. That's 2-3m of cap space afterwards. If we buy his UFA years on a lengthy extension it makes sense.

What other body are you talking about? We have 12 one way forward contracts now with NHL pedigree unless Chaffee is destined for the AHL

1719959816772.png

We should be done

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
JBB rounding out a nice little shit-squad.

Moser on a bridge should cost 3m. That's 2-3m of cap space afterwards. If we buy his UFA years on a lengthy extension it makes sense.

What other body are you talking about? We have 12 one way forward contracts now with NHL pedigree

View attachment 891559

We should be done
Grandpas on Ice…coming soon to a theater near you.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011

What other body are you talking about? We have 12 one way forward contracts now with NHL pedigree

View attachment 891558

We should be done

You mentioned having cap space to possibly sign a 2RW and he asked what cap space. Lol you floated the notion we might not be done (or that the cap space we had left suggested that or that it'd be enough to sign a 2RW).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

View attachment 891559

We should be done

They're not carrying 12-6-2 well have another forward or defenseman as well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
TJ was the biggest floater on the ice when he left. I don't care how many pts he gets. Lazy ass, defensive liability.

Fade me with that shit.
J.T Miller was worse. He was a throw in by the NYR who couldn't wait to get rid of him and went and did it here in ultimate bozo fashion. It makes me happy to see him thriving in Vancouver. It was the place he needed to be the player everyone saw he could be

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
You mentioned having cap space to possibly sign a 2RW and he asked what cap space. Lol you floated the notion we might not be done (or that the cap space we had left suggested that or that it'd be enough to sign a 2RW).

I'm trying to make sense of signing an NHL quality forward who isn't ideally suited for a scoring line
They're not carrying 12-6-2 well have another forward or defenseman as well.

We have carried that number the last few years, should continue. We have AHL guys like Gonglaves and Lilleberg if they need a 7d/13F.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad