Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Gabriel Fortier | 1 year

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
For a guy his size he should be doing more than stagnating at ~30 points a season. a wasted 2nd round pick

Reactions: Hoek

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
the 2018 and 2019 drafts really f***ed us up. that’s where we should be getting depth right now and it’s just not happening.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Worth the chance. He either blossoms or fades away as a trade add-on.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
the 2018 and 2019 drafts really f***ed us up. that’s where we should be getting depth right now and it’s just not happening.
The 2018 Draft was pretty weak in terms of overall depth. 2019 was stronger but still somewhat underwhelming.

Both drafts were affected by COVID f***ing up players' development with stops and starts in various leagues they were in.

The biggest issue I have is that we haven't drafted Vasilevskiy's backup. Plenty of decent goalies over the past 12 years available, only decent prospect at the time that the Lightning drafted was Alnefelt, and even at the time, his J20 SV% wasn't special.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The 2018 Draft was pretty weak in terms of overall depth. 2019 was stronger but still somewhat underwhelming.

Both drafts were affected by COVID f***ing up players' development with stops and starts in various leagues they were in.

The biggest issue I have is that we haven't drafted Vasilevskiy's backup. Plenty of decent goalies over the past 12 years available, only decent prospect at the time that the Lightning drafted was Alnefelt, and even at the time, his J20 SV% wasn't special.
I don't know if we still have his rights but I haven't fully given up on Amir Miftakhov just yet

Reactions: Peacefool

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I don't know if we still have his rights but I haven't fully given up on Amir Miftakhov just yet
Miftakhov was drafted after his D+2 season and wasn't notable outside of the World Junior performance. And as is the case with many Europeans, they don't want to play in the A for very long (low salary, unfamiliar language/culture, below average hockey lifestyle) as opposed to living back home and making more money. He isn't coming back over if he isn't guaranteed an NHL spot.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Miftakhov was drafted after his D+2 season and wasn't notable outside of the World Junior performance. And is the case with many Europeans, they don't want to play in the A for very long (low salary, unfamiliar language/culture, below average hockey lifestyle) as opposed to living back home and making more money. He isn't coming back over if he isn't guaranteed an NHL spot.
Well that's the thing. If he does very well at the KHL level it's not inconceivable that we offer him the backup spot in another year or 2. I don't know yet if this is the same case as a guy like Volkov; as I have never seen a player so poorly adjusted to North American culture and hockey as him and should never expect to see him again. Russia may very well likely the best place for him right now personally and professionally. But for all we know he may jump at $2 million a year to play 28 games a season backing up Vasy and playing with an icon like Kucherov

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
If I remember correctly Amir told to Russian media that he decided to go from Syr cuz he understood that all his life he will be Vasys backup, and thats not for him, so I doubt that he will come here even if we give him 2m per season

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If I remember correctly Amir told to Russian media that he decided to go from Syr cuz he understood that all his life he will be Vasys backup, and thats not for him, so I doubt that he will come here even if we give him 2m per season
That's the first I'm hearing of this. Well that's it then. He definitely won't be coming here. Too bad I guess

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
That's the first I'm hearing of this. Well that's it then. He definitely won't be coming here. Too bad I guess
He said it when he was asked in Russia why he decided to come back.
Yep it sucks he was promising keepr much more promising than Hugo.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

Between injuries and his inability to grab and hold the number 1 goaltender position at the AHL level, Alnefelt was a major disappointment.
When he was on, he was amazing but when he was not the floodgates were open. For all concerned, him heading to Europe is the best decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00