Lighting reaction to hit on Hedman completely embarrassing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Why is everyone ignoring the most important piece of context here: it’s pre-season. You just watched a nobody attempt (and succeed) to blow up a star player in a pre-season game. Players get pissed when you take a slight run and miss at a star in pre-season, there was going to be a big reaction to it actually working.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
No it's not a recent history thing. Fights after clean hits have been happening for decades, f*** when I started watching a borderline hit could lead to a line brawl, maybe even a bench clearing brawl and a coach beating a fan with a shoe

how long ago was that? everything's a blur when you get to middle age :laugh: but this shit relatively recent. something like this would have seemed outrageous 20-30 years ago. you'd see guys taking runs at the other team if there was a dirty hit but jumping players after a clean hit? it's embarassing. hedman's a big boy. he was fine.

I don't mind the Kuch jump. But that should of been the end of it.

Hit was clean, Hedman wasn't injured etc...

That being said, not outraged or anything. Like what I've seen from Davies.

kucherov didn't punch davies, did he? i don't mind grabbing him and saying "look kid, it's preseason, cut the crap".

also don't mind davies taking the opportunity to crush a giant. kid's trying to make the show.

i was pissed because i'm pretty sure davies was concussed. the official held him while he skated him over to the bench. that's bullshit. geekie should pay for this in $ but i guarantee you he'll be in boony's x-hairs next time we see them.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
It's stunning how far apart hockey fans on the internet actually are in their understanding of the game from actual, professionnal hockey players.

This is embarrassing for the Lightning? Lmao in what universe? 😆 You guys are out to lunch. Kucherov and Geekie were probably getting high fives in the lockerroom.

You see your captain get hit open ice by some AHL plug, in a meaningless pre-season game no less, during a pre-season where star players have gotten seriously injured left and right, you don't have the luxury of instant replays and 30 different angles: you respond immediately. Huge props to Kuch. Nothing dirty about the hit, but the Lightning was not going to let a dirty team like Florida take runs at their captain during pre season.

When I clicked on this thread I honestly thought this would be about Hedman getting hit and no one on TBL responding given the title. Boy oh boy have hockey fans gotten soft lmao

how long have you been watching hockey? this is not the game i grew up with.

kucherov didn't need 30 angles to know that hedman was perfectly fine.

also, davies isn't a plug, he's a prospect fighting for a roster spot.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Why is everyone ignoring the most important piece of context here: it’s pre-season. You just watched a nobody attempt (and succeed) to blow up a star player in a pre-season game. Players get pissed when you take a slight run and miss at a star in pre-season, there was going to be a big reaction to it actually working.

Hitting is allowed in the preseason, you shouldn't get special treatment for being a star. If players don't want to get hit in the preseason, they can just sit out the games.

There was nothing predatory about that hit. Just a clean, strong play by a player looking to show his club what he can do, and he did.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Where is the vitriol and hatred for Geekie? Pare blows out Laines knee and Xhekaj roughs him up and all of Hfboards is screaming like tweenage girls for Xhekaj to be suspended but this brings nothing?

Reactions: Laus723

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Gotta keep the old man healthy.

Maybe Kucherov didn’t have a good look at it and thought it was high. Hockey is a fast sport. Not really sure about the second one. Maybe the lightning needed a spark and he was the most logical target? Either way, not a huge deal.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Hitting is allowed in the preseason, you shouldn't get special treatment for being a star. If players don't want to get hit in the preseason, they can just sit out the games.

There was nothing predatory about that hit. Just a clean, strong play by a player looking to show his club what he can do, and he did.
Hitting is allowed, and so is fighting. Players police the game, and they’ve made it obvious they dont want players going after stars in meaningless games. Nobody wants a season altering injury coming from a game that’s practically warm ups for established NHLers.

This isn’t a matter of it being a difference of opinion between us, it’s literally how the players do it. Watch a couple pre-season games, your teams big name gets put into the boards a little too hard by some AHLer and they’ll get some health whacks and cross checks, and your teams no name probably took a number for later to try and impress the staff himself.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Hitting is allowed, and so is fighting. Players police the game, and they’ve made it obvious they dont want players going after stars in meaningless games. Nobody wants a season altering injury coming from a game that’s practically warm ups for established NHLers.

This isn’t a matter of it being a difference of opinion between us, it’s literally how the players do it. Watch a couple pre-season games, your teams big name gets put into the boards a little too hard by some AHLer and they’ll get some health whacks and cross checks, and your teams no name probably took a number for later to try and impress the staff himself.
Everyone is fair game in the contact sport of hockey, doesn't matter. Goocherov and Geekie need to stop acting like pissbabies over a legal hit.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

Fighting is allowed. But horse-collaring players from behind and slamming them to the ice because you're upset about a clean hit isn't.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
There nothing embarassing about this.

Some beer league guy wants to run over your 1st ballot hall of famer while he's catching a pass in a preseason game, should get jumped.

Panther fans would be defending Matt Tkachuk doing that to a Lightning AHL'er if they tried running over Forsling or Barkov like that.

Any neutral fan would be doing the same thing too.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
I dislike Tampa A LOT. But I’m glad this dudes “nhl” story he gets to tell went from “I blew up victor hedman” to “ I got the crap kicked out of me” I’ve said it in other threads, The fantasy land camps need to end.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It's stunning how far apart hockey fans on the internet actually are in their understanding of the game from actual, professionnal hockey players.

This is "completely embarrassing" for the Lightning? Lmao in what universe? 😆 You guys are out to lunch. Kucherov and Geekie were probably getting high fives in the lockerroom.

You see your captain get hit open ice by some AHL plug, in a meaningless pre-season game no less, during a pre-season where star players have gotten seriously injured left and right, you don't have the luxury of instant replays and 30 different angles: you respond immediately. Huge props to Kuch. Nothing dirty about the hit, but the Lightning was not going to let a dirty team like Florida take runs at their captain during pre season.

When I clicked on this thread I honestly thought this would be about Hedman getting hit and no one on TBL responding given the title. Boy oh boy have hockey fans gotten soft lmao
This take is so funny, they also got 8 PIM from Davies running around making clean hits. He's not a "plug," he's a prospect trying to make a name for himself. "Haven't heard of this kid, must be a plug."

Got the entire Tampa A squad all out of sorts, racked up multiple power plays, all from clean hits. As I said, great f***ing game by him. No one was injured, Davies came back and hit Kuch again in the corner...think the young prospect learned he's valuable in the League.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Everyone is fair game in the contact sport of hockey, doesn't matter. Goocherov and Geekie need to stop acting like pissbabies over a legal hit.
And with freedom of speach, it’s completely legal for me to tell my boss how terrible I think he is at his job. My actions will still have repercussions as I’m fired though. Was a completely legal hit, but nobody on Tampa or any team in the league likes seeing non-NHLers especially taking runs at stars in pre-season especially with the run of injuries this pre-season has had, and they took exception.

Baffles me seeing probably the most knowledgeable spot on the internet about hockey being so clueless about hockey culture. Starting to think way more people than I thought never played any half decent level themselves.

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
The game has become a joke and Bettman and DOPS are the reason. Discipline handed out is head scratching. Also the players don’t need to address clean hits like the one here. Clean hit move on. If people on here don’t like star players being hit then maybe don’t play them. This talk of AHLers hurting star players is bs. Players in preseason are trying to crack the everyday lineup how do you want them to play? Maybe the league should get away from preseason games altogether. Geekie deliberately went after a player stemming from a clean hit. Parros is a tool most of his suspensions and non suspensions are mind boggling. In the end the players have to stop retaliating to a teammate taking a clean hit.

Reactions: Beau Knows
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad