Value of: Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Brett Howden a late 1st pick from Tampa in 2016 got the center role after this year training camp and Lias was sent down to Wolfpack AHL - one of the most expected NHL ready players in 2017 draft after scout evaluation reports. Lias is a 1st rnd. 7th pick from 2017.

So what is Lias current value he had 2 goals in this pre season, and any NHL team interested to trust him to play a top 9 role and enjoy the thoughts to invest in him since he can play a center role in NHL? Because the New York management don`t let him get a chance to succeed since they expected him to carry a line with sometimes none NHL players in this year training camp and in pre season games.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Why that`s what happen in this pre season with how they used the player?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Way more than you may be hoping he can be stolen for.

He was not treated badly this fall, and is not being devalued by being demoted
He is a 19 yr old with very limited experience on NA ice.

he will be an NHL regular within 2 years, the timing in-between is irrelevant

Reactions: NewYorkNick

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
He was just drafted last year and didn't put up eye-popping numbers in the SHL or AHL. Going back to the AHL for another season is likely what's best for him. Especially for a team that's predicted to be near the bottom of the standings. Rangers are handling him just fine and they have absolutely zero reason to move on from him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
OK, my keeper hockey pool draft is tonight and I need help. I have the 1st OA pick. Who do you take? Dahlin or Pettersson?

- 6 keeper pool. I'm protecting Price, Murray, Burns, Subban, Laine, Radulov.

- Scoring categories are Goals, Assists, Points, Hits, Shots, PP and SH points, +/-.

- Guys like Patch, ROR, E Kane, RNH are available after everybody sets their 6 keepers.

Dahlin or Pettersson? Who and Why?

Last edited:

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
OK, my keeper hockey pool draft is tonight and I need help. I have the 1st OA pick. Who do you take? Dahlin or Andersson?

- Scoring categories are Goals, Assists, Points, Hits, Shots, PP and SH points, +/-.

- Guys like Patch, ROR, E Kane, RNH are available after everybody sets their 6 keepers.

Dahlin or Andersson? Who and Why?

Ummm there should be a lot better players still available than Dahlin and Andersson at that point.

As for those 2 the easy answer is Dahlin since Andersson got sent to the AHL

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ummm there should be a lot better players still available than Dahlin and Andersson at that point.

As for those 2 the easy answer is Dahlin since Andersson got sent to the AHL

OK, I totally got this confused. I for some reason thought it was Elias Pettersson :facepalm:. My first reaction was why the hell did the Canucks send him down after last nights game! lol.

So who do you take between Pettersson and Dahlin.

And yes, there are better players available for this coming season but it's a keeper pool that's been going on for 15 years now. I have to measure the future vs this coming season. I pick 1st OA and then don't pick again till pick 24

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Why that`s what happen in this pre season with how they used the player?

Is it really, though? Howden got better as preseason went on, while "earning the spot" is a little questionable, Lias struggled to keep up with the pace. But beyond that, if you valued Lias more than Howden, which player would you want to keep developing and giving top minutes to, even in a different league, while the other filled a bottom position?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
OK, my keeper hockey pool draft is tonight and I need help. I have the 1st OA pick. Who do you take? Dahlin or Pettersson?

If you don't have to take Rookies, I'd say neither. If you're in a 12 team league, that's only 72 players taken, I wouldn't draft either in the top 75. If you had to pick one, go with Pettersson.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you don't have to take Rookies, I'd say neither. If you're in a 12 team league, that's only 72 players taken, I wouldn't draft either in the top 72. If you had to pick one, go with Pettersson.

The measure here is do I go after a guy like Patch, ROR, E Kane, RNH with my 1st pick or go after a future keeper in Dahlin or Pettersson. I don't have to take a rookie but it's a measure of this season and future seasons.

And it's not just about points. Hits, +/-, Shots, PP and PK points, +/- are also scoring categories.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

I'll echo the crowd.
Don't pick either.
Pick the best player entering his prime. There's likely some 21-24 year old guy that will put up 75 points this year

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The measure here is do I go after a guy like Patch, ROR, E Kane, RNH with my 1st pick or go after a future keeper in Dahlin or Pettersson. I don't have to take a rookie but it's a measure of this season and future seasons.

Go with Pettersson if you're looking 2 years down the road.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'll echo the crowd.
Don't pick either.
Pick the best player entering his prime. There's likely some 21-24 year old guy that will put up 75 points this year

Options in that age range ish are Barkov, Trocheck, Couturier, Kadri, M Tkachuk, PLD. What happens if Pettersson gets 60 pts this year and rockets to pt/game levels and higher starting next year and the guy I take stays at 70-80 pts? I'm only gaining 10-20 pts ish for one year. See my dilemma?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Go with Pettersson if you're looking 2 years down the road.

I'm leaning towards taking Pettersson. I pick 1st and don't pick again till 24 and 25 (snake system). I should be able to get solid players with those picks and then it gets watered down when I pick next.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Options in that age range ish are Barkov, Trocheck, Couturier, Kadri, M Tkachuk, PLD. What happens if Pettersson gets 60 pts this year and rockets to pt/game levels and higher starting next year and the guy I take stays at 70-80 pts? I'm only gaining 10-20 pts ish for one year. See my dilemma?
Barkov easily imo. Especially in a league with deep categories

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Barkov is available, that's your pick and you don't question it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Barkov is available, that's your pick and you don't question it.

Check out the comparison between Trocheck and Barkov in all scoring categories. It's not that simple as just points.

mWzkCkv.jpg

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Can get Nic Petan for him, bust warning player for bust warning player

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Your not making my decision easier! haha. I was thinking Barkov as well. I also think Trocheck is very valuable with his shots and hits and I think he has a very good year playing with Hoffman
Im not going to twist your arm, but I'd say Barkov is more reliable. Trocheck outscored his norm by 20+ points and is a good candidate to regress(slightly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad