Liam Kirk at the Worlds

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
BA has said they’re watching him very closely. He’s near the top of the tournament in scoring. If that doesn’t lead to a contract, then clearly there’s something BA isn’t seeing.

I think he gets a slick 2 year ELC to see if he can show something in the AHL.

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
We've given ELC's to players who have proven less. The WC is a small sample size, but I think some posters in this forum are undervaluing the talent level he was playing against, even in a down year.

Biggest thing Kirk has working against him is that GMBA has never seen him in person. The entire staff that drafted him is gone. He will be invited to prospect and veteran camp like he was in 2019. It's up to him to earn a contract there.

Hi De Hi

Jul 2, 2015
Solihull, UK
I think he was proposing the AHL to start. Although the World's are missing many of the best players, there is still plenty of NHL talent in the tournament. One way to think of Kirk's accomplishment is that he outscored dozens of NHL players.

And he did it on the lowest but one ranked team in the tournament.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
A players play in a tournament, often supersedes his abilities for a season’s grind. Hoping that’s not the case for Liam.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
How did Kuemper look?
What is it you’re “too busy” with to never watch games? :laugh:
Good God man, you’re perpetually on this forum, asking the same questions, can’t be that busy? Have you heard of recording the games and playing them back? You can even fast forward through commercials and after breaks in play up to the next face off. It’s amazing technology and would allow you to form your own opinions.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What is it you’re “too busy” with to never watch games? :laugh:
Good God man, you’re perpetually on this forum, asking the same questions, can’t be that busy? Have you heard of recording the games and playing them back? You can even fast forward through commercials and after breaks in play up to the next face off. It’s amazing technology and would allow you to form your own opinions.
I don't watch or record any games of tournaments. I'll let someone else do that. I have no interest in watching a game after it happened, or if I know the score.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I don't watch or record any games of tournaments. I'll let someone else do that. I have no interest in watching a game after it happened, or if I know the score.
So you watch for the outcome more so than player analysis and are content with forming an opinion of the latter based on the observations of others?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm not really that big of a fan of violence in sport but watching these games it drives me nuts to see guys do stupid stuff in front of net knowing the other team can't do a damn thing without getting a penalty. I liked the days when players could hold each other accountable.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So you watch for the outcome more so than player analysis and are content with forming an opinion of the latter based on the observations of others?
I could care less about these tournaments, so I will ask questions about a player to the posters who enjoy watching these tournaments. The reason I asked about Kuemper was because of his injuries last year and I wanted to see if he looked like his old self. I had no interest in any of the other Yote's in this tournament. I have watched these tournaments for years when I was younger and living in Canada when beating the Russians was almost as big as winning the SC. You had your BEST NHL'ers playing, not like now with half of them in the playoffs or sitting at home.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not really that big of a fan of violence in sport but watching these games it drives me nuts to see guys do stupid stuff in front of net knowing the other team can't do a damn thing without getting a penalty. I liked the days when players could hold each other accountable.
You mean when hockey was hockey? The players policed themselves. This in front of the net BS that has being going on for a long time now is my biggest beef about the officiating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad