Let's Talk Alex Pietrangelo...

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Haven't seen St. Louis yet so why don't you tell us what has changed, whether Shattenkirk leaving has helped, systems, anything else? Could you provide some video?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I remember the Pietrangelo vs Doughty debates a few years ago
that was good

glad he's getting recognition

Reactions: TarasenkosForearm

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Haven't seen St. Louis yet so why don't you tell us what has changed, whether Shattenkirk leaving has helped, systems, anything else? Could you provide some video?
Since Shatty was shipped out, he has been used more offensively. Yeo has also activated the D to a point where they are heavily rotating. You will often see the D move down to the slot, or even behind the net while the wingers rotate back to cover the blue. He has always had the stickwork, but his ability to read the play and attention to detail has been phenomenal.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Since Shatty was shipped out, he has been used more offensively. Yeo has also activated the D to a point where they are heavily rotating. You will often see the D move down to the slot, or even behind the net while the wingers rotate back to cover the blue. He has ways had the stickwork, but his ability to read the play and attention to detail has been phenomenal.

It helps the Blues have some of the best defensive forwards in the league, I don't think Yeo's system would work with any teams especially teams with mep defensive forwards.

Reactions: JHockey123

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Shattenkirk leaving forced Pietrangelo to up his offensive game and he has on all levels. Top PP time and producing in that role. However, he is most impressive in the defensive zone.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
It helps the Blues have some of the best defensive forwards in the league, I don't think Yeo's system would work with any teams especially teams with mep defensive forwards.
True, but Schwartz, Schenn, and Frank aka Terrorsenko aka Vova are all over a ppg. It isn't as though they aren't also dynamic offensive fwds. They miss Bergie and Fabs though. I have no clue what they will do when JayBo is back.. Also, I believe the Blues have 18 goals from the D so far.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Fabbri would be doing what Brayden Point is doing now with Tampa

big loss, when is he coming back
Next season unfortunately..feel bad for him. I knew St.Louis was going to draft him, so just scouted him. So amazing and just really feel terrible for the kid.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Next season unfortunately..feel bad for him. I knew St.Louis was going to draft him, so just scouted him. So amazing and just really feel terrible for the kid.

not even the 2nd round of the playoffs if you guys get there? wow

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Fabbri would be doing what Brayden Point is doing now with Tampa

big loss, when is he coming back

He just had his ACL surgery on like Tuesday. So next year at least. Probably around this time next year.

As for Petro, I can’t imagine a defenseman playing better than he has thus far. He’s putting the points while also playing his same shut down minutes. He’s a top 5 defenseman in the league.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
u saying medical advances like stem cells and blood transfusions from the youth or Kobe's dna is out of the question?

I still believe Fabbri will play in the 2nd round against WPG/DAL

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
u saying medical advances like stem cells and blood transfusions from the youth or Kobe's dna is out of the question?

I still believe Fabbri will play in the 2nd round against WPG/DAL
Can we input fully functioning robotics? Haha

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Since Shatty was shipped out, he has been used more offensively. Yeo has also activated the D to a point where they are heavily rotating. You will often see the D move down to the slot, or even behind the net while the wingers rotate back to cover the blue. He has always had the stickwork, but his ability to read the play and attention to detail has been phenomenal.
This is how I recall the Shatty- Pietrangelo dynamic. Shatty struggled without a big offensive push, and Pietrangelo's numbers struggled when that happened, understandably. Pietrangelo was great offensive when he even got balanced minutes so I guess who ever targetted him in fantasy was a smart

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I've seen him as a possible Norris trophy winner for some years now. He is definitely in the upper tier of NHL defensemen and for a reason. He's a great fit for the Blues too.

Wish the Devils had someone on defense of his caliber.

Reactions: JHockey123

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Early Norris favorite. Really enjoying a little bit of a breakout. But I want to be careful with that praise because he's always incredible, his biggest issue is he's not flashy enough for HF.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Not a top 10 dman. Havign a great start but he is 27. He's going to get passed by guys like Ghost quickly.

he's a career 47 point dman. A hot start is just that. He just doens't have the skill set to continue that scoring pace.

He doesn't control the pace of the game nearly as top 5 Dmen in the league and is just not dominant.

I am know Brian Elliot quite well so i've followed the Blues and watched more of their hockey than most western teams and he is just not among the very best.

I'd stay he is top 15-20.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
Not a top 10 dman. Havign a great start but he is 27. He's going to get passed by guys like Ghost quickly.

he's a career 47 point dman. A hot start is just that. He just doens't have the skill set to continue that scoring pace.

He doesn't control the pace of the game nearly as top 5 Dmen in the league and is just not dominant.

I am know Brian Elliot quite well so i've followed the Blues and watched more of their hockey than most western teams and he is just not among the very best.

I'd stay he is top 15-20.

tumblr_n1l4tfoS8V1qzab45o4_r1_250.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad