OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
It's a farce right. lol
No , i even heard rumours that once the Sportsnet/TVA Sports NHL deal will be over ,If TSN/RDS wins the the bidding war , that the french part of the deal could have games on RDS and Crave.

I'm not saying it will happend but they sure are thinking about it. It would be a new way to make people pay extra money to watch hockey.

• Wow
Reactions: overlords

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Scavenger's Reign? A masterclass in visual storytelling and worldbuilding, trusting the audience to intuit that which the characters, based on their experiences, already know, leveraging the medium of animation to best effect.

It's really quite spectacular in that regard, though I'm only two episodes in.
Sounds interesting. How to watch this in Canada?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Deadpool and Wolverine - Good movie, not a great one. Kind of a mess and felt long at times, but FANTASTIC chemistry between the two mains and goes to show good characters can carry a mediocre script. Very “self-aware”, over-the-top violent and some fun fan service, especially if you were a fan of the non-MCU Marvel movies and Wolverine comics. Best part, none of this woke and leftist agenda bullshit.

Not the best MCU movie, or even the best Deadpool movie, but it’s a cinematic masterpiece compared to most of what Disney is pumping out.

7.5/10

Reactions: Runner77

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Reactions: FormerLurker

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The most awkward encounters in UK TV history. When The BeeGees walk away from the set of Clive Anderson. I wasn't sure to post this on the music thread or the TV thread. Clide was trying to make a show like Letterman but he failed on that one. He went too far, it was disrespectful to the BeeGees. Letterman can crack a sarcastic joke once in a while to get a good laught from the audience, he did that with intelligence but Anderson never stopped using these bad jokes. His face when they walk away and when he says that's all for tonight.

Maurice has also spoken regarding his frustration surrounding the encounter, saying he has been looking forward to being on the show.

"We expected actually to have a good time with Clive 'cause I've always liked him," he told interviewer Bernie Quayle.

"I've sort of followed his career a bit.. so I was enjoying it. I said, 'Oh, yeah. It should be fun to do that.' And we were really disappointed."

Clive Anderson has had time to reflect on the interview and has since admitted he was wrong in his remarks.

Reactions: the valiant effort

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Do you have any suggestion regarding Netflix Series as a must watch at all cost , like : Fred you're f***ing nuts if you didnt watch this series yet .

I'm also running out of series to watch on Apple TV

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
1723658003348.png

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Do you have any suggestion regarding Netflix Series as a must watch at all cost , like : Fred you're f***ing nuts if you didnt watch this series yet .

I'm also running out of series to watch on Apple TV
Netflix:
Stranger Things
Cobra Kai
Mindhunter
Ozark
Fall of the House of Usher
Black Mirror
(Season 1 Episode 1 is terrible. You can skip it and watch the rest. A modern day series tech version of The Twilight Zone)
I've heard great things about Peaky Blinders and Queen's Gambit. I've also heard Squid Game is good.

A couple of movies to watch. David Fincher's The Game is now on Netflix. That was great. Also, check out The Reef. An amazing dark thriller and one of only three shark movies you ever need to watch (the other two being Jaws and Open Water.) I See You was also pretty entertaining.

On Apple we just watched Presumed Innocent. It was good but not great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Cobra Kai was a good show, but now it's a bad but enjoyable show. The plot is too ridiculous, and it's hard to believe those 30 year olds are in high school. I wouldn't rank it near shows like Queens Gambit and Sense8 for that reason.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Alien Romulus, best Aliens movie since Aliens which isn’t saying much as other than Alien and Aliens, all the others including the Alien vs Predators and the Prometheus prequels were varying degrees of suck.

Back to Romulus, great opening and decent up until things started to hit the fan. It then degrades to typical horror tropes and nonsensical decision making. Characters are decent enough but are still kind of cardboard cutouts of 20-somethings out of their element.

Visuals were awesome given the budget, and the atmosphere was definitely tense.

Despite my criticisms, I was entertained despite the stupid third act.

6.5/10

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Don't know where else to put this so,tada! lol
While visiting friends in PNG, an excursion introduced us to an amazing bird that you have to see and hear to believe. Thankfully better footage exists on line then what we were able to record.

Mind blown! lol

Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
18 days without a post in the movie thread? WTH is going on here? There was a time where this thread barely ever left the main habs page. Honor your gods and make your bloody sacrifices god dammit!

Okay, rant aside, yesterday I went to see 1995 by Ricardo Trogi. Quebec movies I like are far and few in between, but the Trogi trilogy, now a quadrilogy, is one of my favs. 1995 did not dissappoint. I would even go as far as to say it's the best of the four. As a former movie student, this movie was really up my alley as it covers Ricardo's debute in filmmaking. If you liked 1981, 1987 and 1991, you'll love this movie. Please support one of our gems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad