Proposal: Let's Revamp leafs Defence

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Since it seems like Fleury could end up in Toronto why not bring some friends along ? Connor Murphy and Jake McCabe could be packaged as the Blackhawks are in rebuild mode now. They haven't had their best years ,probably because the whole team was in turmoil under Jeremy Colliton. This needs some real work done to it but it could be a winning ticket for Toronto. Possibly FLEURY , MURPHY , McCABE for HOLL , MRAZEK , DERMOTT , Roni Hirvonen , 2ND RD , 1ST RD . Opinion's ,tweek's . With Chicago retaining half of each guys salary of course.
Mccabe won’t get traded.they signed him as a UFA. He picked Chicago because it was his hometown team being from that area.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't see anything in the original offer that would be worth Chicago's time for one piece, let alone all three.

Mrazeks contract is awful and is being thrown in like it expires this off season, but it will cost more value to expunge then I think any single piece Chicago is sending.

Two top four D, a starting goalie and dumping a boat anchor contract is going to cost more then I'd imagine Leafs fans are willing to pay, let along factoring in any retention.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I don't see anything in the original offer that would be worth Chicago's time for one piece, let alone all three.

Mrazeks contract is awful and is being thrown in like it expires this off season, but it will cost more value to expunge then I think any single piece Chicago is sending.

Two top four D, a starting goalie and dumping a boat anchor contract is going to cost more then I'd imagine Leafs fans are willing to pay, let along factoring in any retention.
Op is a Chicago fan to be clear. The deals are also unrealistic for Chicago which is also strange considering who the op is a fan of.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Yet another Toronto trade proposal that doesn't consider cap space in the slightest.

Do better

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Murphy and Fluery make a lot of sense. I'd say the adds after a first, Mrazek and Dermott depends a lot on what they think of our prospects. We'd certainly need to add something good depending on the scale of the retention. .

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Murphy and Fluery make a lot of sense. I'd say the adds after a first, Mrazek and Dermott depends a lot on what they think of our prospects. We'd certainly need to add something good depending on the scale of the retention. .

If the Leafs are trading for Murphy & Fleury... retention likely isn't even going to be part of the discussion. It'll be 50% retention on Fleury, and nothing on Murphy.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs D doesn't need to be revamped. But go off, people enjoying the Leafs having goaltending issues a bit too much.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Not really. Though like any team, the Leafs could choose to sign him. It is doubtful though.
Just the point that the trade was missing the usual overhyped AHLer like the previous who knows how many ones. Every single trade from Leafs fans usually involves a roster player they don’t want (almost always a cap dump), AHLer who’s overhyped and mediocre pick. That was the point behind my comment. The OP offer was downright awful with 3 cap dumps (with term) going to Chicago for actual useful roster pieces. The prospect would have to be upgraded to offset what’s being sent away.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Just the point that the trade was missing the usual overhyped AHLer like the previous who knows how many ones. Every single trade from Leafs fans usually involves a roster player they don’t want (almost always a cap dump), AHLer who’s overhyped and mediocre pick. That was the point behind my comment. The OP offer was downright awful with 3 cap dumps (with term) going to Chicago for actual useful roster pieces. The prospect would have to be upgraded to offset what’s being sent away.
It is a trade proposal from a Chicago fan.

Ledge And Dairy

No love for Jake McCabe ? Solid physical . With McCabe , Murphy and Fleury gone and Mrazek in net the tanking will be easy. Leafs may have to add a touch more.
No you just didn't offer remotely enough value to get all 3 and have Chicago take on 2 dumps. Reported ask for Fluery is 1st + (lets say Dermott is the +), then Murphy is signed to a 4 year team friendly extension after this so that will a 1st + Hirvonen at least, then factor in the 2nd+ to dump both Holl and Mrazek, and we are already over what you offered here without even getting to McCabe's value which is similar to Murphy's.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
No you just didn't offer remotely enough value to get all 3 and have Chicago take on 2 dumps. Reported ask for Fluery is 1st + (lets say Dermott is the +), then Murphy is signed to a 4 year team friendly extension after this so that will a 1st + Hirvonen at least, then factor in the 2nd+ to dump both Holl and Mrazek, and we are already over what you offered here without even getting to McCabe's value which is similar to Murphy's.
Was made by a Chicago fan. Also the only dump is Mrazek.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Holl is a 3rd pair defensman, and in this scenario he is 100% a dump
SSSSHHHH!!!!

Are you trying to get flamed? A middling player, with a cap hit higher then his contributions being worth to his new team? That's only included for the consideration of the team trying to improve, and because he's redundant to that team after the trade? Especially when we're talking about specific teams in specific situations (in this case having 6 expected top six D and a number of potential call ups that will contribute the same value as the cap dump, but are cheaper and already in the system)?

Blasphemy, Holl is a perennial Norris candidate on Chicago!

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
SSSSHHHH!!!!

Are you trying to get flamed? A middling player, with a cap hit higher then his contributions being worth to his new team? That's only included for the consideration of the team trying to improve, and because he's redundant to that team after the trade? Especially when we're talking about specific teams in specific situations (in this case having 6 expected top six D and a number of potential call ups that will contribute the same value as the cap dump, but are cheaper and already in the system)?

Blasphemy, Holl is a perennial Norris candidate on Chicago!
Your hyperbole doesn't change the fact that Holl is comparable to Carson soucy. Not quite as good but signed for a bit cheaper. Soucy in my opinion is worth a 2nd + good prospect. Holl is probably worth a couple 3rds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad