Pre-Game Talk: Lets Light This Candle. Edmonton v Winnipeg, Wednesday 8 PM.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Between that and all of the season/playoff predictions I’m absolutely full of dread.

Fully anticipating an absolute flop of a year

giphy.webp

Reactions: BlackDogg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Between that and all of the season/playoff predictions I’m absolutely full of dread.

Fully anticipating an absolute flop of a year
Even if it is, it wouldn’t be a knock on us. It’s not uncommon for cup finalists to have down year after they go far.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Broberg and Holloway look absolute steals for St.Louis. Albeit its only 1 game. Both look like they've broken out.

Mean while were saddled with a perennial loser with no intensity for a decade over the age of 32 and demoted to the 3rd line, but we signed Dermott... 😄
the reality is we walked away from two guys who couldn’t play well enough to stick on a cup contenders roster and who value money over winning and instead we brought in guys who are proven 20/30 goal scorers and who are willing to take discounts to play on a winning team.

St Louis can have those bag chasers. They’ll never win with them. End of story.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
In a year where we are supposed to be signing Connor.... we can't afford a down year.
That’s the reality of this stage of the franchise. This is our last real year to go for it with this core without a hefty retool. Let’s see how far they can fly.

Reactions: McJedi

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Broberg and Holloway look absolute steals for St.Louis. Albeit its only 1 game. Both look like they've broken out.

Mean while were saddled with a perennial loser with no intensity for a decade over the age of 32 and demoted to the 3rd line, but we signed Dermott... 😄
Broberg looks like hes broken. One shitty goal and getting absolutely dummied in his own zone all game, similar to the panthers series.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Broberg looks like hes broken. One shitty goal and getting absolutely dummied in his own zone all game, similar to the panthers series.
I don’t do conspiracy theories but if I did I would maybe wonder if Ferris got some of his “unnamed” scout friends to pump Broberg’s tires before the offer sheet (you know all that chatter about how he’s be a top pairing d man in no time).

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don’t do conspiracy theories but if I did I would maybe wonder if Ferris got some of his “unnamed” scout friends to pump Broberg’s tires before the offer sheet (you know all that chatter about how he’s be a top pairing d man in no time).
The only reason a Nurse - Broberg pair didnt seem so bad was because they had like a 18% on ice shooting in the finals.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I didn't watch much of the preseason but I did hear Skinner wasn't impressive. That being said, I would have given him at least 4-5 regular season games on the second line to get up to speed and build chemistry, which, with two completely new linemates, can take time.

And, as a few others agreed, if you want to make changes this early, I think the logical move is to swap Skinner with RNH and leave Janmark in the bottom six where he belongs. I don't know why Knob is so dead-set on keeping that first line intact. I feel like Nuge is almost redundant on that line and could be much better served as a defensive consciousness on the second line.
I watched some of it. Skinner didn’t do anything overly impressive, but I always wonder if players hold back. I really don’t judge too much by pre season. Everything is different in pre season

Hell I ate McDonald’s the big arch during pre season!

Wait… I do that in regular season too. Bad example

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad