Pre-Game Talk: Lets Light This Candle. Edmonton v Winnipeg, Wednesday 8 PM.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
It is absolutely premature and ridiculous.

Add to it that you seem to think you know better than the coach, I really don't know what else to say.

Go back and read my posts. I never said that I know better than Knoblauch. I said he "seems oblivious" to the idea of dismantling the second line. To clarify, I'm sure he has considered it, but seems to have some sort of mental block against dismantling that first line to help the second line, which is what transpired all of last year, leaving Leon with shit for wingers. That was my point. Not that Knoblauch, who FTR, I think is a good coach, is stupid, but that he has cognitive biases that limit the flexibility of his thinking and options. But again, this is pure speculation, because I don't know what's going on in his head.

People like Duke and others here are why I don't post here much anymore....We were 1 game away from being champs and have not played 1 game this year..and this is what he posts..just toxic

That doesn't mean you know what you are talking about at all...

This seems hypocritical because NONE of us know what we are talking about. None of us know what goes on in the dressing room or in Knoblauch's head. We all make guesses and assumptions. Some are wrong, some are right. I admitted that I was wrong because I jumped to conclusions but I shouldn't be shit on for that. I admitted my mistakes.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I'd flip the wingers in the bottom 6. Play line 3 as a soft minutes scoring line and put Janmark and Brown in a checking role where we know they can excel.

Podkolzin - Henrique - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If Matthews can still put up points with interchangable parts like Knies and Bunting the year before, the expectation is going to be Leon makes this work.
I agree with much of what you say, but keep in mind that Marner was the other winger. If Draisaitl had at least one strong winger, the third one doesn't matter as much.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Have to say I am disappointed that McLeod and Holloway didn’t work out, I really like the idea of Nuge and Henrique on a two way third line that puts up points and can cover at the back, and forces the opposing team to defend more evenly than line match good defenders against our top two lines and the soft minutes guys against the bottom 6. But unless you have a winger that can step up into the top 6 it ain’t happening.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I want us to look like Colorado from a couple of years ago.
The Oilers need to prove that they are the predator of this league and that the other teams are the pray. They always need to get punched in the nose in order to get going and I'm sick of watching it happen every year. Would be nice for us to sweep a playoff series. For once!

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74 and K1984

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Thanks. Wasn't meaning to pry. Appreciate the answer.

Must be worse things than working and living in the Bahamas. heh. Still I wouldn't want to be in Hurricane paths in low lying areas and islands. I have a healthy respect for the damage and carnage they cause. Thankful to live in an area that never see's them or precipitious events due to being at sea, and at sea level.

I'm not a water person so prairies, inland, its probably the perfect place for me to live.
Like any locale it has its pros and cons. Definitely give up many conveniences that come with being close to large urban centers but it’s also a much easier, quieter life. For myself, dealing with a tropical storm once in an awhile is far preferable to dealing with a large and growing population. Being able to split time between two very different places can really make you appreciate both for different reasons.

Natural disasters aside, and I really don’t know you very well but I think you’d probably like living in a place like this. It’s a very calm, low speed way of life, small tight knit communities, and tropical climates tend to have health benefits once you adjust. I’ll be 38 this year and my wife is 34, and we are definitely some of the youngest in our area. Most of our neighbors are in their 50’s+ many of them expats from Canada, US and parts of Europe. Many of them retired or semi retired professionals and most speak about how much their health has improved living in the tropics. The other thing is it’s incredible how many physicians live here, I probably have 50 different types of medical professionals within a square km of my house lol

Reactions: cantthinkofone

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

1ea69c012f37dec384b5d8d2c2b89c0c

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
While I understand, it's such a weird look when teams celebrate almost winning. Hopefully it is proceeded by an actual win.

I don't disagree but will say, they still won the Western Conference (and Clarence S. Campbell Bowl). It sucks it wasn't the one they actually care about, but it's still something (and they've also won it the most out of any team).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad